PDA

View Full Version : Tom is it possible to turn a Sydarm into a stock class gun?

HoppysMag
04-15-2002, 06:19 PM
Tom is it possible to turn a Sydarm into a stock class gun? I know theres a pump kit for a mag. but would that kit work on a sydarm? What is the sydarm powered by? If i need to could i hook up a back bottle asa to it? then with a quick changer run it off of 12grams? Im really interested. if i cant use a sydarm can i take a sydarm body put it on a regular mag body rail and drop in a regular mag vaulve into it and use the pump kit?

Fred
04-15-2002, 06:40 PM
Well...

The sydearm is powered by 12 grams already, no need for an ASA... but I'm not sure how easy it is to change the 12grams...

I also believe the sydearm is spring fed, which is a stock-class no-no.

Remove the spring in the feed tube, add the pump kit, and you're good to go buddy!

I'm plotting to turn a minimag into an SC pumper... :)

HoppysMag
04-15-2002, 06:47 PM
ya the springs no big deal. where are the 12grams on the sydarm?

Fred
04-15-2002, 06:51 PM
I'm pretty sure that they're in the top tube along with the spring feed... but I've never seen one in person so I'm not positive.

HoppysMag
04-15-2002, 07:09 PM
ya cause i figure, with a pump kit, it would make one heck of a stock class gun. it could be toms answer to s WGP Sniper pump. How much do used sydarms go for? Pump kits?

AGD
04-15-2002, 07:20 PM
The Sydarm has a 12 gram in the back of the feed tube. Yes you can take out the spring but then you don't have a way to hold the balls in the tube. The valve is custom to the Sydarm and can not be swapped out. It requires custom parts to hook up a remote bottle. You are way better off buying a stock Phantom or Carter gun.

AGD

HoppysMag
04-15-2002, 07:24 PM
OH..............well tom dont you know how to crush my fun.:D i was just thinkin that it might be nice to have a AGD stock class gun......well does anyone know Carters web site?

Fred
04-16-2002, 11:32 AM
Carter markers are being sold through DYE right now... hope you have a pile o cash burning a hole in your pocket though... they run 600+

Phantoms can be bought from CCI: www.phantomonline.com

Siegecraft paintball: www.siegecraft-paintball.com
(I'm pretty sure those are the right URLs... if not they're pretty close)

or Punisher, he has become a west coast dealer of sorts...

I'd recommend a phantom VSC for stock class... i loved mine, and I'm in the process of getting another... :)

Spaceman613
04-16-2002, 11:43 AM
mmmmm Phantoms...

I love my phantom, I run a VSC but with a 3 ounce tank usually (for fun games). I just bought a used Carter Buzzard (97 vintage). Looks sharp, feels great, but I doubt it will be used near as much as my Phantom.

For the bang for the buck, go Phantom all the way. If you must have the most expensive... Go Palmer or Carter.

Or you could always have Punisher make something reallly special. maybe a stock class angel? or a stock class blazer? Hmmm, what else could you do?

HoppysMag
04-16-2002, 01:53 PM
iv been looking at phantoms for like 2 months now and i have no interest what so ever in them...... i want a unique gun..... i want a head turner.... and i thought a stock class mag would do that.... mabey il just hunt down a pump kit for my mag.....

pip_999
04-16-2002, 02:57 PM
GOOD LUCK with the pump kit

tom get those back in production

HoppysMag
04-16-2002, 04:48 PM
i know, every one says they are imposible to find. does anyone kno how much one might cost.

Fred
04-16-2002, 06:11 PM
I just paid *cough* fitty *cough* for mine... plus shipping. It is missing the pump rod though... I gotta have one made. :)
Then all I need is a mag to put it on...

HoppysMag
04-16-2002, 06:56 PM
wel if you never get your mag, im interested in the pump kit. with or without pump arm. ( preferably with pump arm0

Nimec
04-16-2002, 08:57 PM
Tom you should try and get a few of those things back into production. That would be awsome.

RT pRo AuToMaG
04-16-2002, 09:01 PM
not to diss pump/stock class, but why make a mag pump? if you want a pump/stock class marker, buy one. just my opinion. in fact, i would like to try a mag with a pump kit. :)

Snooky
04-16-2002, 09:45 PM
pump kits wont go back into production because it would be too costly to make only a couple and not that many people want them. how much fun would be getting a pump kit if there was tons of them? u probally wouldn't want one because it was easy to get.

Fred
04-16-2002, 11:14 PM
I have a Phantom, used to have a VSC with grav stuff... but traded it (smacks self here). I kinda regret it now, but I still have another Phantom... :) I don't have stock class stuff on it yet though...

I want a Pump mag because they are Rare markers... I have never seen one on the field, and the only one I have seen anywhere is Ken's... It's got a Z-body... wicked cool...

I don't care for everyday markers, I like uncommon ones, not necessarily flashy, but just rare. :)

So... A stock-class mag is my next project! Haha!

SqueegeeKid
04-16-2002, 11:56 PM
You might be able to find a used KP for pretty cheap. It may not be SC, those are usually more expensive...and rare.

All in all, they're pretty rare and they turn heads. And it would be easy to modify a Direct Feed/Constant Air KP into a SC KP.

sygyzy
04-26-2002, 05:05 PM
Well you've seen mine now Fred, albeit in pictures.

hitmanng
04-28-2002, 01:08 AM
Anything is possible. I know a guy that hooked up a PT Enforcer to a warp, elcd spyder grip and a fiber wrapped tank. While interesting is still shot like a very over weight enforcer.
Hitmanng