PDA

View Full Version : Need info about Z-grip

Brian68mag
04-15-2002, 07:32 PM
Im running a 68' classic power feed, valve is gold plated :D , with the superbolt,14 inch J&J ceramic,kapp dropzone, aci bulldog 68ci 3000psi tank, and a butchered stock frame, trigger guard cut off so i could throw a double trigger on, im looking into getting a Z-grip but i have a few questions:
1. Does it do ANYTHING for the performance of the gun, ive heard people say it shoots farther, harder, more accurately, higher ROF, ECT, is any of this true?
2. Im a front player, why you think i got a mag :D and will this make snapshooting, bunkering, slide shooting ect any easier?
3. How much $$ ive heard anything from 75-200, and where do you get them?
4. i want to know any other comments you guys have about the Z-grip, negative and positive.

THX

Brian68mag
04-15-2002, 07:46 PM
bump

Army
04-15-2002, 09:34 PM
Well, big problem...AGD no longer makes the Z-grip, haven't for over a year. They can be found on Ebay, or sometimes on these classifieds.

It puts your hand and arm at a natural angle to shoot a paintball gun the way we do. Normal 45 grips are made to be held at arms length, not tight against the face. It only increases your ROF because the strain to your forearm and wrist is gone, letting you move your finger faster.

All the other rumors you have heard are true....I mean false!:cool:

virus
04-16-2002, 09:53 AM
but there are a bunch of us here that are waiting for AGD to complete a few other projects and then possibly do a run of intellaframe style Zgrips.....

but if that does happen they wont do a run of them untill they have enough preorders....

Scooter/Cootie
04-16-2002, 10:20 AM
<b>1. Does it do ANYTHING for the performance of the gun, ive heard people say it shoots farther, harder, more accurately, higher ROF, ECT, is any of this true? </b> - Army said it best; the Z-grip may increase your ROF but only because your hand/wrist is in a more natural position, thus easing the strain on your muscles. Any other rumors like increased distance and accuracy would be false.

<b>2. Im a front player, why you think i got a mag and will this make snapshooting, bunkering, slide shooting ect any easier?</b> - The only drawback I can think of with the Z-grip would be that it would be harder to shoot if you were laying on your stomach. The grip is best used if your arm is below the gun but thats hard to do if your in the prone position. Reguarding snapshooting, bunkering, etc. its just like any other grip, just a little different. I can't see it adding an advantage once you've gotten used to it.

<b>3. How much $$ ive heard anything from 75-200, and where do you get them? </b> - I bought mine new for around 100 (I believe) but like Army said, they're not being produced anymore. It'll depend on the seller for the price.

<b>4. i want to know any other comments you guys have about the Z-grip, negative and positive. </b> - With the Z-grip, it was extremely easy to zip with my RT. That was great for Rec ball or big games. But for tourny's, I found that it was a little cumbersome and heavy for my liking. I wanted as tight a package as I could get and I found that the Z-grip wasnt the answer I was looking for. I ended up selling my Z-grip to a teammate for 75 and bought a Benchmark, which I eventully upgraded to a Intelliframe.

Hope this helps. :)

Brian68mag
04-16-2002, 07:51 PM
thanx, if i cant find a zgrip, what grip frame under 150 would be the best?

Quiet
04-16-2002, 08:10 PM
I don't think you will find anyone arguing against the Intelliframe being the best frame (non-Z) you can get

RT pRo AuToMaG
04-16-2002, 08:45 PM
i can get you a brand new one from our local store. i just bought mine. they have one left! it'll come out to be 119 with tax. i'll ship it to you, but you pay shipping. i love mine, it does help bunkering, ROF, snapshooting, and no it doesn't make it shoot harder or better accuracy. and it looks cool too! \/ my z-gripped r/t pro.