PDA

View Full Version : Guys, some semi-important subject material....

IceCool32
04-15-2002, 09:37 PM
Ok,

Maybe I'm a little bit out of line here. But, recently, I've seen many posts entitled "Tom" this and that. If you have a question that can be answered by one of the many other people on the boards(cphil,foo,load,army,miscue,and company) do not directly entitle the post "Tom...etc". Maybe I don't know a whole lot about what I'm saying, but I'm pretty sure that the owner of Airgun Designs doesn't have time to come read 20+ posts about how something isn't functioning right, and give each and every one of those posts the same amount of attention. Heck, I can barely do that with a couple posts.

I know, that myself, even not being part of the AGD family, appreciate TK taking precious time from his day to come to the boards and chat with us. But really, if you feel that others can answer the question, don't directly entitle your post to Tom. Now if you believe that ONLY Tom Kaye can answer your question, then maybe add a little *Attn:Tom* to your posts, but other than that, can we slim down the *Tom, come here, come there* posts?

Thanks for reading,
Brandon

If you disagree, please voice your opinion, I'll pay attention to any rational statements, now outlandish flames will not be read, or responded to.

tysonmachado
04-15-2002, 10:16 PM
I fully agree with you. There are many issues which can be addressed by someone other than Tom Kaye himself. I'm sure he's a busy man and we are lucky he takes time to involve himself as much as he does.

ProjectMag
04-15-2002, 10:47 PM
Well said IceCool32. Just today I started noticing how prevelant these "Hey Tom" posts are and was considering posting something similar. There are tons of people who can answer the question with the same quality you'd get from Tom himself.

IceCool32
04-16-2002, 01:46 PM
Top....

Thanks for the responses guys, but I keep seeing these threads....my eyes lock in on them, then I see red. Heh, not really...but it's VERY easy to spot these threads, it just becomes tiring.

pbR2k2
04-16-2002, 02:23 PM
Yeah, I agree you guys. People on these forums are very knoligable, and can answer almost any questions you have about your precious mag. Anyway, I hope these post stop, as IceCool said, my eyes lock on them. They're annoying, but noone listens to me :) ok talk2u later

-† î [\/]

pip_999
04-16-2002, 02:28 PM
yeah but peole somewhat provoke them to do it
like the guy who said that the RT belonged to TK
obviously it didnt

anyway
i fully agree

im outty

FooTemps
04-16-2002, 05:30 PM
Yeah... I truely find it odd that people ask tom help for TECH QUESTIONS that can be answered by ANYONE else on these forums... Heck, I can answer a couple tech questions myself even though I don't own a mag. They also ask stuff about the extreme release and everything but everyone should know already that most any company(paintball at least) will give out a good set date.

pumpamatic
04-16-2002, 06:23 PM
I honestly believe that other people can answer these types of questions you speak of better than Tom. When he does take the time to answer a question, he keeps it brief, he doesn't have all day to type answers. Most of his answers are 4 lines tops. Just don't waste his time, it's that easy.

wes
04-16-2002, 06:48 PM
Originally posted by IceCool32
...boards(cphil,foo,load,army,miscue,and company) do not...

LOL especially foo!!!
anyways it does get kind of annoying like how people ask for like zgrips and pumpkits and free warps. its pissing me off. but like tomgreen says, its better to be pistoff than pist on