PDA

View Full Version : Amazing Story of ArthurDent

M-a-s-sDriver
04-15-2002, 11:21 PM
I had the priviledge of reffing a really good tourny on Sunday, of which ArtherDent(see the 3-man tourny thread) was a participant. First, I want to say how much I enjoy reffing for really hard playing p'ballers playing clean ball. It is much more enjoyable than reffing self-absorbed, grey-ball wannabees that try to cheat, then act as if you are Satan when you catch them, and then have the gall to argue incessantly about one's innability to reff a game. I usually just identify those players, then kill them and eat them later. It reinforces my Satan image.
Some words about Mr. Dent: I had the greatest time watching this cat play. I was the reff and scorekeeper on the lego field, and was pretty much ArtherDent's reff on that field all day. He first caught my attention because of his shiny chrome RT. I noticed that instead of trying to fan the trigger, he had a nice, even BPS, and was killing people with his snap-shots. This was a pretty fair accomplishment considering the fact he was VISABLY shaking in his bunker the whole time during prelims. Yet he remained calm and was pulling off some awesome shots, garnering plenty of ooohs and ahhs from the peanut gallery. His shot from his 40 bunker to the opposing teams 20, against a howling wind, hitting a barely exposed hopper drew shouts from the crowd.
In the finals, against an obviously non-rookie team, down 2-3, he ran the tape unnoticed into the large 50 yard bunker, eliminating the last two players on the sides of thier startled heads. I did'nt see him trembling after that.

Also, props go out to Wild Adventure Paintball in Woodland.
Debbie and Les cannot be matched in thier desire and ability to make all the players enjoy themselves as much as possible. After the Tournement, they showed me and Rue some very original field bunkers that when finished, will suprise anyone playing them. True originality. Thier prizes and trophies exceeded what is normally expected at local events such as these.
Check out www.sacpaintball.com in the gallery (wap 3-man) for more pics. I am wearing a beautiul outfit by Renegade, and you can see celebrity reff RUE in action.

Good luck STONE DAWGS from Team Pink Fluffy Ballerinas!!
Brent Jackson, PFB.

ArthurDent
04-15-2002, 11:32 PM
The compliment means a lot coming from a person like yourself. Thanks! Did you stick around and see the final tie breaking game? heheh i name that move The Dent!

Omicron
04-16-2002, 05:09 AM
hahhahaha lol...Sorry I'm reading that book "The hitchhiker's guide" and it's hilarious...good choice of name, and don't let that "babelfish" bother you! :D

ArthurDent
04-16-2002, 08:43 AM
LoL, It has been in there so long i forget its in there and have hurt it twice when i tried to q-tip out my wax.....

FordPrefect
04-16-2002, 02:07 PM
Originally posted by paintballjunkie13
hahhahaha lol...Sorry I'm reading that book "The hitchhiker's guide" and it's hilarious...good choice of name, and don't let that "babelfish" bother you! :D

I'm in that book too!:D

TigerMan
04-16-2002, 02:25 PM
Sounds like it was a great tournament. Did your team win any prizes Arthur?

pip_999
04-16-2002, 02:25 PM
yao you read????? :D:D

Omicron
04-16-2002, 03:05 PM
Yes I do read Chris...Something you don't do :rolleyes:

haha I convinced my english teacher to let me do it for a independent project :D sweet book!

pip_999
04-16-2002, 03:10 PM
what?!?!?!?!?!
you actually made her give you teh project
bonus marks?

man i still gotta finish my book lord of the rings
before the end of april

and im only in chapt 7 (pg 175) or sumtin