PDA

View Full Version : Not many Emags?

athomas
04-17-2002, 08:57 AM
I was at an event this weekend and was talking to a friend of mine, Roddy MacDonald, from the All Americans. He mentioned that he had just gotten back from reffing a tournament overseas, and since he was one of the chrono judges he got to fire over 1000 markers during the event. The strange thing is that he never got to fire a single emag. Not one player was using one.

How come this fantastic gun is being overlooked in favour of many inferior products? I know its cost is high for the initial purchase, but the other lower cost markers are just as expensive once you buy all the add-ons to get them to the point that they need to be to compete.

One thing though, if you do have an emag, chances are you are going to have the unique gun at your field. And we all like to be unique.

AGD
04-17-2002, 09:25 AM
And I bet not one was using a Warp Feed or Z-Grip either. You can't use something different if you want to play in big tourneys, you might get laughed at....

AGD

synreal
04-17-2002, 09:33 AM
not to mention that the number of these fine markers in the market isn't all that high yet.

i bought my emag new less than a month ago and its serial isn't even above 1500

athomas
04-17-2002, 09:40 AM
He he. Yeah, but they'd have to laugh from the neutral zone.

I think it may be just that word hasn't gotten out yet. Once they start showing up at the smaller local tourny's and outperforming many of the other guns, we will see a more wide spread use.

I'm eating Kraft dinner and soup just so I can save enough money for a new emag myself. I'll have the first one in my area for about 500 miles. I can hold my own against electros with my regular mag, I can hardly wait to use an emag.

cphilip
04-17-2002, 09:43 AM
Syn mine I have had my emag for months now and its 151X. So they do not pull them and install them in order off the shelf. JoAnn explained this to us a while back. Its not like they stamp the number on them when the Marker is assembled. It's stamped when the valve is built. So you cannot date the Marker by the Valves serial number nor use ti to determine the total number out in use. But still I doubt there are many more than you stated. Maybe even fewer. Who knows how many valves with even lower numbers amy still be in the stock room.

AGD
04-17-2002, 09:52 AM
News flash from AGD Europe, the tourney was the German Millenium Series. Germany has decided that the battery pack on the front of the Emag looks too much like a real gun and will not allow them into the country. We are working with the German BKA to legalize it and getting an "F" stamp.

See, not as bad as it first looked!

AGD

synreal
04-17-2002, 09:57 AM
hmm, i'm gonna guess that you won't be seeing the A-5 flooding the fields of Germany anytime soon ;)

Evil Bob
04-17-2002, 09:57 AM
Atho, did Roddy say how many other refs were chronoing that day as well? I'd be curious for representative numbers. Odds are that there were Emags there, he just wasn't the guy that chronoed them. UK Storm shoots the Emag as well as a couple other teams. Additionally, what tourney was it? Pro, Am, novice, etc.?

Other considerations are most of the big teams out there are already outfitted with what they know and trust, they've already made a big investment in what they're currently using. Moving to or investing in a new product that is mostly untested in their eyes (public eye) is a tough decision to make. I'm betting you'll see more in the field as the EMag has just come through it's first year as a publicly offered marker. It has some serious ground to make up for coming into the electronic age 4 years behind.

Everyone I've handed my emag to has had some serious thoughts about switching from their current marker, the Emag sells itself, it's unique trigger is second to none and the manual mode is unbeatable.

-Evil Bob

~Backdraft~
04-17-2002, 10:00 AM
Originally posted by AGD
News flash from AGD Europe, the tourney was the German Millenium Series. Germany has decided that the battery pack on the front of the Emag looks too much like a real gun and will not allow them into the country. We are working with the German BKA to legalize it and getting an "F" stamp.

See, not as bad as it first looked!

AGD

How does that even look similar to a real firearm?? Thats a bunch of bull i think...Hopefully AGD can work things out with the German BKA.

cphilip
04-17-2002, 10:09 AM
The battery "looks" like a multiple round firearm magazine. According to them. I thought someone had already solved this by different battery shape and or location though?

Evil Bob
04-17-2002, 10:12 AM
Take an H&K model 91 assault rifle and compare it's profile to the EMag from a distance, the battery pack makes it look like a close cousin, and that's what the German authorities are looking at. Same reason you'll never see the AT series markers there, they look too much like real firearms.

-Evil Bob

Croix71
04-17-2002, 03:57 PM
Originally posted by athomas
I'm eating Kraft dinner and soup just so I can save enough money for a new emag myself.

I wish I had this kind of dedication. Hope your not starving yourself just for an E-mag. :(

mag59459
04-17-2002, 07:48 PM
I have never seen an emag on any of the fields I play on in NJ. When I bring mine I often have people wanting to try the trigger, then they start to realize its a nice gun. The first question everyone always asks is "Do you chop a lot of paint with that gun?" And fortunatly I can always say never.

nw2c2003
04-17-2002, 10:59 PM
I am also the only one at my local field with an e-mag.

Although nearly everyone has a warp.

athomas
04-18-2002, 05:04 AM
Evil - Roddy didn't say how many chrono judges were there, but he did mention that he didn't physically see any emags either. It was the tournament in Germany so I think it was as Tom Kaye mentioned that the Emags were banned from entry into the country because of the body design of the battery pack. Roddy's off to Portugal now so I can't get any more info on this subject for a while.

Evil Bob
04-18-2002, 08:33 AM
Yeah, Tom's post went up while I was in the middle of writing mine, so it'a a bit out of context. Having lived in Germany I know the pains they're going through to get paintball rolling. The general public views paintball as some kind of neonazi training game and germans are very hard to sway from their opinions once they're set with them.

I was even arrested in Germany for possession of an illegal firearm (paintball marker that shot faster then 180 fps)... it even had the required F stamp....but that's another story...

-Evil Bob