PDA

View Full Version : R/T Pro is going crazy!!

RT pRo AuToMaG
04-17-2002, 03:40 PM
ok i went to my field this past weekend with my new z-grip. i went to the chrono and bam!! the gun fired like 10-11 with one pull. now i'd ordinarly think that would be cool but the first ball it chopped, and it would skip one ball and every other one would chop. the sear and on/off pin are perfect. it stumped an airsmith and several other people including me. i called AGD and they said i could ship it, but i'm gonna have to put like $600 insurence on the package, making it like $30 to ship. so if anyone can help me i'd appreciate it. thanks.

virus
04-17-2002, 04:03 PM
well looking at that picture i would say the problem is that the front grip screw is not tightend down.... you can see the air line on the other side....

if it was like that when you tried it that could cause that problem... i think...

either that or you sweet spotted it.... also if you cant tighen down on the front grip screw then get a shorter one... having it like that is not a good thing at all...

RT pRo AuToMaG
04-17-2002, 04:10 PM
the grip is screwed in as much as it'll go. i do have a screw in preset tank. i'm not sure what it's set at, i was still a n00b when i got it. and the bolt is moving so fast, it won't let any paint into the breech. it'll chop one, skip one, chop, skip, ect. we tried a 12v and a HALO, like 3 or 4 people tried it, and everyone had the same problem. i'm thinking right now either a worn bolt or too much PSI.

Telefragged
04-17-2002, 04:48 PM
The grip shoudn't be like that, there is something wrong there, definately. My guess is that the sear is messed up as a result of the grip position, and isnt quite catching the bolt, or may do so very slightly and slip. Look closely at the grip and make aure its on the right way.

ProjectMag
04-17-2002, 05:01 PM
If you do end up sending it to AGD, shipping will not be $30. I think you'll spend at most $15 with priority mail and insurance. Insuring a package costs next to nothing.

Butterfingers
04-17-2002, 05:06 PM
The problem is that the frame is not flush with the body rail.

If you got one of those original automag Z-grips you will need to file off the wings in the back so the whole frame sits flush with the body rail.

The original Z grips made for the automag will not fit RT pros without modification.

It looks as if this is the case.

You can save yourself some cash by doing that first. Thats what AGD is probably gonna do for you anyway.

BlackVCG
04-17-2002, 05:52 PM
Butterfingers is 100% correct.

You have an Automag Z-Grip that has the wings on the sides of the frame to fit the contour of the Mag rail. You need to get those wings filed off by either putting it in a vertical mill and using and endmill to cut them down flush with the rest of the gripframe surface, you can do it by hand, your you can send it in to AGD and have them fix it for you.

That is your problem without question. Don't use your gun anymore because you'll just risk putting excess wear on the sear and bolt.

RT pRo AuToMaG
04-17-2002, 07:53 PM
if i send it to AGD, how much will it cost? i allready have an RA number.

BlackVCG
04-18-2002, 12:35 PM
Not sure. Not much if anything.