PDA

View Full Version : Halo for a E-Mag Micro? Yay or Nay?

Valadian
04-17-2002, 05:13 PM
Whats everyone's opinion of putting one of the new Halos on my E-Mag Micro? Its vert feed, will that mean anything? I'm talking about just straight on top, no warp or anything. Should I just keep my revvy? Any other recommendations?

Are the Halos even working decently? I remember hearing about them having lotsa problems and you possibly had to buy certain upgrades or something. Any info on this?

a_malfunction
04-17-2002, 05:36 PM
A Halo is a great loader. If you have the money, go for it.

DOWNWITHANGELS
04-17-2002, 06:26 PM
I was just about to make a post about this. I have a center feed E-mag. What should I do? Buy a HALO or warp feed and 90 degree adapter, which is $40 alone? I am breaking paint on hybrid mode like crazy. Please give me your opinions.

FordPrefect
04-17-2002, 06:36 PM
Which one means yes?

Creative Mayhem
04-17-2002, 08:27 PM
IT is just as good as the revy, if not better. What harm can it do? Try it, you might like it. If not, you can sell it and go back to the revy. If you don't want to do this try one out, then make your decision.

Creative Mayhem

RT pRo AuToMaG
04-17-2002, 09:14 PM
the HALO itself can do 18bps on an e-mag in f/a. if you don't belive me, believe the video, www.paintballchannel.com www.odysseypaintball.com (sp?)

Valadian
04-17-2002, 09:14 PM
Alright thanks for the info, but could somebody tell me if the stories of; "it feeds so fast that if you can't keep up with it, it just slams balls into your gun and breaks em!" are true?

EDIT: Also I've heard that it won't feed the full 16/18/whatever bps its supposed to do when connected to a vert feed as opposed to a power feed, is this true? Anyone know?

CleenSweep
04-17-2002, 09:16 PM
I've got a Halo and a vert feed minimag. It works fantastic as long as you don't use cheap paint. The cheaper and more brittle the paint is the more tendency it has to bend and break.

nw2c2003
04-17-2002, 10:48 PM
I use a halo warp combo on my e-mag. But I have used the halo by itself with no problems either.
Also I have never had any problems with it mechanically or forcing balls to break.

Paintballer86
04-18-2002, 04:40 AM
YAY!
It is always fun to get a new toy :)

hawpunch
04-18-2002, 07:51 AM
i have a halo for my old emag and it had no problems feeding or overfeeding. there was a post around here that stated that the overfeeding on halos was due to the fact that the sensor in the neck of the loader could not sense paintballs with black shells due to the color black absorbing the detector. thus the halo would sense that there were no balls and force feed more balls causing the stack of paintballs to turn into a gelatinous mess. i used paintballs which were white/blue shelled and they worked great. halos are worth the money.

aloha,

jae park

bers
09-12-2002, 02:52 AM
I just got a smoked Halo B for my ultra blue micro emag and the results are dissappointing.

It double feeds all the time!

Seems that the micro emags ball detent is too soft to hold back the halo B's ball stack pressure and it gives way. Also there's some space between the paintball and the detent when ball sits in the breech - so it's easy for the halo to push the breached ball forward.
Luckily i have level 10 and it takes away some of the chopping.
Now all i have to worry are the barrel breaks from the double feeding.
any ideas to solve my problem?

gadget68
09-12-2002, 03:20 AM
I use the Halo B with my micro emag and just love the way it works. No problems with double feeds or ball breakage. The verticle feed seems to help the Halo work that much better. I do feel that most people tend to have there own opinions when it comes to a loading system. I will only reccomend a Halo B. I have also used a warp feed and found that its to bulky for my (and I emphasize) MY style of play.

bers
09-12-2002, 06:02 AM
Gadget68 ,

Do you have a pic of your setup?
I was wondering how my setup differs from yours. Maybe ball stack height.
I heard that some Halo B's have stronger motors. Might have gotten those.
I'd really like to eliminate my double feeding problems.

SlipknotX556
09-12-2002, 06:55 AM
I myself have a center feed a emag, found out that it is better to use a halo.

Xen
09-12-2002, 07:17 AM
the old halo would break balls in the stack, the new halo B is awesome.

luke
09-12-2002, 08:28 AM
I use a HALO on my vert. feed Micro with NO problems.
The Revys just don't keep up. I had major feed problems until I replaced the Revy. You won't go wrong with a Warp or Halo, I've done both with excellent results.

gadget68
09-12-2002, 09:00 AM
Bers,

I don,t have a pic yet, I have my marker striped for a new color to be put on it. When it comes back to me I will post a picture. If you e-mail me I will send the pic to you. It will be a couple of weeks though.

cphilip
09-12-2002, 09:01 AM
I am certainly planning on using one on a Micro E. as well as a Stock Emag center feed.

Just in case you didn't see this one: http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=49616

Vanced
09-12-2002, 09:43 AM
Don't have a lot to add, other than the Fact that, I have had a Halo-B & a Revy 12v-X on my Vert Feed Micro RT (Not-E) and as long as the weather is decent with decent paint,The Halo-B is flawless, and by far the best Hopper I have ever used. It isn't quite as nice on my Powerfeed Body, but Vert is your case so I would recommend it 110% from my experinces with it.

Vanced

luke
09-12-2002, 09:58 AM
"as long as the weather is decent with decent paint,The Halo-B is flawless,"

:) I played last weekend in the rain with my Halo/Micro for about 3 hours, I had ZERO problems.

I tried to use my Automag, w/powerfeed/warp/halo BIG TROUBLE! Water draining down the powerfeed into the warp hose does not work! :D

oneshot
09-12-2002, 10:49 AM
go with the halo b you will not be disapointed

athomas
09-12-2002, 10:57 AM
Originally posted by bers
I just got a smoked Halo B for my ultra blue micro emag and the results are dissappointing.

It double feeds all the time!

Seems that the micro emags ball detent is too soft to hold back the halo B's ball stack pressure and it gives way. Also there's some space between the paintball and the detent when ball sits in the breech - so it's easy for the halo to push the breached ball forward.

any ideas to solve my problem?

Try putting a stronger spring under the detent.

bers
09-12-2002, 08:27 PM
thanks for the ideas i'll try to have the ball detent assemply replaced.

Btw, the Halo B looks awesome. Am gonna make this work with the Halo one way or another.