PDA

View Full Version : Tank Problem

subbeh
04-17-2002, 05:47 PM
I am having a problem with my Air America Raptor Rex. When I turn the adjustable tank up to about 800 PSI the regulator leaks enough to be audible. I prefer my tank at about 800 so I really need this fixed.

I will keep an eye on the thread so if you have any questions about it I will answer them.

Sorry if this is in the wrong forum. I used the search, also, and didn't really turn up any problem like mine.

Thanks much!

Telefragged
04-17-2002, 05:59 PM
I've got something for you, mix up a batch of soapy water and "paint" it over the regulator. Then, turn it on and see where there are bubbles being generated, that's where your leaks coming from. You might want to enlist the help of an experience Airsmith on this, but make sure there is absolutely no gas left in the tank! and dissasemble the regulator. Replace any damaged o-rings, workn parts, reg seats, etc. Try contactin Air America if you need parts, a diagram, etc. I don't have experience with them, so I don't know the response, but its worth a try.

subbeh
04-17-2002, 06:04 PM
Argh... I wanna try what you said but I cannot because I have no air in the tank... I didn't really realize there was a leak at first and over the course of 2 days all the air leaked out, and the nearest place to get filled is closed, and is 40 minutes away :(

rjvemt1
04-17-2002, 06:20 PM
if it is TOTALY empty then go ahead and replace the seals , then go get it filled but use extreme caution!(you should probablly let a pro do it)

subbeh
04-17-2002, 06:27 PM
Can anyone tell me what the two hex screws that are on the back labeled "Safety" on the top and "Low" "High" do? If I turned up the high one, would it allow me to go higher before the safety feature thing engages? I am pretty sure what is happening is that it thinks I am going too high and is bleeding off air.

subbeh
04-17-2002, 06:29 PM
Oh, wait, those are burst discs. Forget it...

ProjectMag
04-17-2002, 07:24 PM
When you noticed the leak could you pin point where it was coming from?? That could narrow the problem down. If you take the regulator apart, you're going to end up "unseating" the reg seat. When I had my Raptor, it developed a leak where the piston housing screws into the main body regulator. I contacted AA and was advised to send my tank in since I had taken the reg apart and the reg seat would need to be replaced. Give their tech line a call and they'll help you. Their products have lifetime warranties so if they service it, it's free - just gotta pay for shipping both ways.