PDA

View Full Version : A.N.S. Foamie

~Backdraft~
04-18-2002, 08:09 AM
Okay, I have an A.N.S. Phase II Foamie bolt and when looking at the edge of my bolt to rate it in the "AO Research Team Test This Please" thread posted by AGD, I noticed that when you set the bolt on a flat surface (like a table) and have the part of the bolt that hits the ball facing UP. Then scooch down on your knees and look accross the top of your bold...I noticed that i couldn't see my foamie. Now maybe thats normal, but what i want to know is...should i replace my foamie? Should the foamie be longer than bolt itself? Because to me it would make more since for the soft foamie to hit the ball FIRST than the metal edge of the bolt.

Sorry if all of that is confusing...hopefully someone can understand that..:rolleyes: ;)

BTAutoMag
04-18-2002, 10:33 AM
If it works good dont replace it. when you start to reak paint, then replace it.

sicones
04-18-2002, 02:07 PM
the ball is round so it would be hitting the foam first take the bolt and put a paintball on it and see what happens

BlackVCG
04-18-2002, 05:20 PM
The foamie sits flush with the top of the metal on the ANS bolts. To clear up some things, the reason the tip of the bolt is suppose to be rounded about the circumference is to keep it from hitting and damaging the NEXT ball in line. Not the ball it's going to fire. The bolt really doesn't HIT the ball it's going to fire but rather pushes it down the barrel to chamber it. The air is the force used to accelerate the ball. The bolt just gets it down the barrel so it can seal and put all the air behind the ball.

Quiet
04-18-2002, 08:20 PM
listen to him ^^^^^^^ he's smart

pip_999
04-18-2002, 08:23 PM
if your tha much in doubt
jsut buy a new one
they are how much like what $2

~Backdraft~
04-18-2002, 08:24 PM
Originally posted by Quiet
listen to him ^^^^^^^ he's smart

lol...i will and i did.

Thanks BlackVCG...I dont know why i didn't think about the ball being rounded so thats why it would hit the foamie first...thanks. I learned a lot from your post BlackVCG..thanks again.

M-a-s-sDriver
04-18-2002, 10:50 PM
As a firm believer in ANS bolts, allow me to give you a 'heads up': The foamie will usually just blow off after about 3 cases of paint. Don't worry about it. You don't need it. The face of the ANS is very concave and soft on paint. I break far less paint with it than I do with stock bolts. Although others have said the saw wear issuies on the sear lip of the bolt, I personnaly have never had that problem, after probably 60 cases of paint through it so far. Last year I had an ANS break the power tube piston off the bolt, and saw it happen to someone else also, so you might want to keep an eye out for that.
Brent Jackson, PFB.

ShooterJM
04-19-2002, 10:38 AM
Originally posted by M-a-s-sDriver
The foamie will usually just blow off after about 3 cases of paint. Don't worry about it. You don't need it. The face of the ANS is very concave and soft on paint.

I have experianced the same thing with the old style stock recessed foamie bolt. After I rounded the edge I shot a case of nelson through it with no foamie. Had two barrel breaks. Gonna try it with anarchy or something this weekend.

~Backdraft~
04-19-2002, 10:45 AM
Originally posted by M-a-s-sDriver
The foamie will usually just blow off after about 3 cases of paint. Don't worry about it. You don't need it. The face of the ANS is very concave and soft on paint.

Hmm, okay...so if my foamie falls out your saying i needn't worry about replacing it?

I have used more than 3 cases of paint with this bolt and haven't noticed it starting to fall over...its superglued on there pretty tight.