PDA

View Full Version : Anyone own one or going to get one of these?

polorboy
04-18-2002, 10:41 AM
I am going to sell my mag and try to save up to get a Dragon Intimidator. I love my mag but I would like to get a lower pressure gun that is electroneumatic. It is also cheaper than a E-mag/Extreme/Angle. Is there anyone of you guys who have gotten one or planning on getting one. If you don't know what I am talking about I put a picture below of one.

http://www.strictdesigns.com/school/Dragon.jpg

Army
04-18-2002, 10:56 AM
Yup, according to rumors, the milling makes it shoot further, faster:)

Low pressure is a myth, regardless of what PSI goes into the gun, the ball is hit with a small amount of the total.

All low pressure does, is push the moving parts around with less stress. It has nothing to do with the shooting of the ball.

However, that is some sweeet milling on that Timmy, but the clamshell frame looks really cheesy.

pip_999
04-18-2002, 11:19 AM
me likes

but yeah
low presure = myth

polorboy
04-18-2002, 12:25 PM
I don't mean low pressure to shoot with less of it, I just like it because it conserves gas in your tank. For example my friends Cocker shoots at 90psi (no joke). When my mag stops shooting because of a lack of air he can get at least 1 to 2 more hoppers out of the tank. The reason is because mags shoot a lot higher psi, thus requiring more air to recharge the gun. Wheras my freinds cocker only needs 90psi to re-cock the gun so more air goes into shooting the ball and thus conserving air in the tank.

AngelBoy
04-18-2002, 02:17 PM
There is 2 guns I have seen that shoot with low enough pressure to not be able to break a ball, a free-flow (25psi) and an epic (not really cuz of low pressure but I just had to throw it in there:D ). Everything else is pointless. I would go for the GZ timmy before that thing though.

Trunnion
04-18-2002, 02:58 PM
ugh. i think the GZ timmy's are ugly as sin. i'd definitely go for the dragon before the GZ. does low pressure really provide such an improvement in gas efficiency to warrant buying a marker that utilizes it?

covadsucks
04-18-2002, 03:04 PM
Not at all. In all honesty, you will be burning a lot more air up due to the low pressure. You need more air at a lower compression ratio to operate your Dragon Timmy. I shoot a LP Timmy and I need at least an 88 Cu in tank for my marker. Timmy's are gas hogs all the way around.

wyn1370
04-18-2002, 03:10 PM
check out the new pics over on pbnation of these (http://pbnation.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=80421). they made some changes to the trigger frame and have different milling on the side panels. almost wished I would have waited to get one of these instead of the GZ, but these are supposedly limited to 250 being made.
polar-
of you can afford one get it. I love my GZ and the dragon is pretty much the same preformance wise, just looks better.

polorboy
04-18-2002, 03:50 PM
Four of my teammates have the GZ's and I absolutely love them. If they have already sold out of the the Dragons that they are going to make I might as well get a GZ (I just will have it anoded). The only thing that I don't like about the GZ is that it only comes in three colors (I have seen online stores that offer three colors) Bead blasted Grey, Bead Blasted Blue, and Stock Grey. I would love to have a black/blue/grey fade.

DryIce
04-18-2002, 04:10 PM
MATRIX!
:)

CleenSweep
04-18-2002, 04:16 PM
Originally posted by covadsucks
Not at all. In all honesty, you will be burning a lot more air up due to the low pressure. You need more air at a lower compression ratio to operate your Dragon Timmy. I shoot a LP Timmy and I need at least an 88 Cu in tank for my marker. Timmy's are gas hogs all the way around.

You are right on the money.:eek:

Magic37220
04-18-2002, 05:17 PM
All I can say is that one of the few companies that can do LP right is AKALMP. Who else can give you over 2000 shots off a 68/4500?

jurassic
04-18-2002, 05:19 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Army
[B]Yup, according to rumors, the milling makes it shoot further, faster:)
QUOTE]
No way!! Faster ,further shooting guns are stunning brilliant RED Emags!! :cool: Wink! Wink!!
Of course that will all change when it will be Gloss Black Extremes that will shoot further and faster than footemps can post!!!
:p :p

liigod
04-18-2002, 05:43 PM
ive got a gz intimidator and i love it. The oonly difference between a normal dragon and a normal GZ is that the dragon is

A. very detailedly ugly
B. Has an uncomfortable Clamshell frame
C. Costs 300 dollars more

I chose a gz. see a dragon in person, and a gz in person and u will buy a gz. I did, after a lot of gun gropeing.

liigod
04-18-2002, 05:48 PM
also, with your low pressure coments. It seems to me that mag forms are always bent out of shape on low pressure. I mean yer guns fire the ball at a very low pressure so calm down. INtimidators are VERY gass effiecnt. Also a dragon shoots at 250 psi stock, you see the silver volumizer on mine, those will be comming out soon, they make it shoot about 210. Low pressure does help on ball breaks with very brittle paint. you can tell by sticking a high pressure old cocker next to a low pressure freeflow or sumthing. Fire one shot at a time, very slowly with VERY brittle paint, like hellfire. Eventually one will break in the high pressure cocker. Ive looked into it, and done some testing myself. I do belive in low pressure. It might not help acuracy but it certialy doesnt hurt when it comes to breaks. ALso the gas efficeny coment, people make the same argument about HPA and N2. But who wants to use C02 because of it. Thanks you :D

SuperOrangeTicTac
04-18-2002, 07:42 PM
GZ's only come in one color. Bead blasted Grey. The blue is the same thing is the grey, because it is a greyish blue. There arent any that arent bead blasted, besides GZ's own Timmys. The fade GZ's that you saw were custom from Bob at his store, or so i have heard.

Why pay so much more for how a damned thing looks? I would personally just get a GZ because of performance, and plus i personally like it better than the Dragon. The dragon looks too Ghetto for me. In my mind anyone who has a dragon should have "Bling bling" on his hopper.

Go with a GZ. I love mine.

polorboy
04-19-2002, 07:31 AM
One of my team mates owns a Silver/Chrome Angel and he had fake diamonds embeded into it. He calls it his "Bling Bling" Angel. It is pretty interesting to look at. Thought I would just mention that.

About the GZ, I will probably get the GZ over the Dragon because:

1) it is cheaper and I could use that $300+ to get a nice N2 system
2) The new versions of the Dragon look to evil, they have spikes on the grips and just do not look like a paintball gun.
3) I have shot a GZ and I absolutely love the way it feels.

About the Low pressure that have have a larger chamber to hold air but in the long run it makes your tank last a heck of a lot longer. The gun does not nessesarly use all of the air that is in the chamber to shoot the ball. It actualy (the way I understand it) uses less air to shoot a ball the same speed as a gun that uses higher pressure. Also in a tournament I do not want to worry about a ball breaking in my gun and having to clean it. I would like to not take my squeege on the feild with me if I can help it. That would be one less thing to carry. There are many advatages to having a lower pressure system. Now I am not bashing Mags, they are one of the best built and best working guns I have ever seen or used. I personaly love my mag but I need somthing that is a little better with air consumption and after doing a good amount of research the GZ Intimidator seems to be the best gun for me.

MrMag
04-19-2002, 08:16 AM
are timmys basically electro cockers i.e. internals? it appears so, but i am not sure. i know that they r great guns, i have shot one before. go for the gz!

luke
04-19-2002, 08:19 AM
It does come with the LP elves right?

I just like it because it conserves gas in your tank.

I thought LP = more volume, right?

Cobrachs
04-19-2002, 09:49 AM
I have an Emag, and just recently got a GZ as a back up. The GZ uses a great deal more air than my Emag, enough so I am worried I will have to replace my 4500 Flatine if I ever use the GZ in a tourney.

BTAutoMag
04-19-2002, 10:22 AM
Originally posted by Army
Yup, according to rumors, the milling makes it shoot further, faster:)

Low pressure is a myth, regardless of what PSI goes into the gun, the ball is hit with a small amount of the total.

All low pressure does, is push the moving parts around with less stress. It has nothing to do with the shooting of the ball.

However, that is some sweeet milling on that Timmy, but the clamshell frame looks really cheesy.
amen

Evil Bob
04-19-2002, 11:29 AM
Intimidator = traditional stack tube design that was started when Benjimin Sheridan created for PMI the PMI III (later renamed the VM68). Its the same design that Kingman uses in the Spyders, same design Smart Parts uses in their Impulse, BM2K from Indian Creek, etc. etc. etc. and every other company reproduces markers using the very same thing.

HP vs LP debate:

HP recharges faster, has less shootdown when firing fast strings.
LP recharges slower, more shootdown when firing fast strings.

How many of you remember the days where you dialed your Automag in right at 270 (or whatever the tourny limit was) and it stayed there the whole day? How many other markers could claim the same consistancy? How about today? I know guys with Angels and Cockers and Shockers and etc. etc. who purposely chrono 10-20 fps lower going into the game because they're afraid their marker may jump over that limit.

Tom and company have demonstrated that the RT regulator was capable of recharging 26 times a second with little to no shoot down. This is one of the reason why they're still working with HP instead of hoping on the LP bandwagon.

HP makes you break more paint: completely false. I shoot Hellfire in my Emag with no broken paint. The truth of the matter is the RT started the whole "Mags are paint blenders" line of thought simply because of the extremely fast cycling rate and the reactive nature of the RT. It was impossible at the time the RT was in it's hayday to feed paint into it fast enough to NOT chop paint. Paint breaking had ZERO to due with the fact that Tom uses HP, it has to do with NOT having a paintball completely seated in the chamber before firing. I shoot Hellfire using a Warp, and I have yet to break paint when shooting. The Warp eliminated that problem entirely.

-Evil Bob