PDA

View Full Version : Micromag experiences

Kevmag
04-18-2002, 12:23 PM
What do you guys think of Micromags? I'm thinking of converting a Retro Mag into a Micro.

I'm concerned about a few things:
1. Fit and finish between Micro body and other parts like the gas-thru grips and AGDs Intelliframe. Any weird gaps or loose fittings? Or does everything fit together well and look nice?

2. Vertical Feed. Any problems with blow back? Again, I plan on using a Retro Valve. Will I need to replace the bolt? Hopper will be a 9 or 12V Intellifed Revy.

3. Service. If there is a problem, would I send it to AGD or to ProTeams?

Thanks

RoadDawg
04-18-2002, 12:30 PM
I got a micromag w/ Retrovalve and I have no problems with it except the stripping out of the vertical ASA screw in port. In order to have the gas thru grip you need the Vertical ASA Adapter. All problems dealing with the body go to Proteam and all valve problems go to AGD. I don't have an intelliframe but I do have a benchmark 2x frame and it fits great. Mine is powerfeed so I'm not sure how they are with vertical. Overall they are great if you don't like hauling a SS body around and are easy to find barrels for.

martlet1
04-18-2002, 02:13 PM
My micromag valve was rebuilt by pro-team, not AGD. Unless they shipped it to AGD after I shipped it to them?! I haven't had any major problems with mine after the rebuild. I love the threaded barrel, (cocker thread) which gives you a few more choices.

Micromag man!
04-18-2002, 02:25 PM
if i were u i would buy a new fomie bolt and a pf.. the center feed chops alot i have one and no its not a short strokeing problem i alredy know