PDA

View Full Version : Air blowing out of the back of the valve

Load SM5
04-18-2002, 06:33 PM
Whenever I turn the tank on I'm getting air blowing out of that back or the valve. It keeps blowing until I shut the tank off. At first it would work fine the next time I tried it, but lately it's getting harder and harder to get the tank on with any air in it because it's all blowing out of the valve. This is a fairly new problem. The only causes I can think of is

A. Not shutting the air on fast enough and it's not sealing. But as i said it's a new thing and never been an issue before with either of my e-mags.

B. Velocity is too high. However, it's not, so that can't be that, either.

Anyone know where to start checking? It seems something needs replacing. I also may or may not have a slow leak out of the back even after I manage to get the gun on, but that could be to having very low tank pressure. Any advice would be great.

XspyX
04-18-2002, 06:49 PM
Try this, its worked many times for me.

Put lots of lube in the airline or ASA. Like 4-5 drops. Try it and tell me if it works. I'm 99% sure thats what will fix it.

Load SM5
04-18-2002, 07:00 PM
That's actually part of my normal after-game clean up. I'll give it another shot when I get some more air, though.

pumpamatic
04-18-2002, 07:16 PM
Check your reg seat, reg spring pack, etc. You may need to turn your velocity down and then bring it up. Also, Tom says in the Automag tech video to hold the trigger down as you air up, it creates seals easier.

RobAGD
04-18-2002, 07:57 PM
I would replace the Reg Valve pin oring in the back half of the Reg Housing and the Reg piston oring, it sounds like they are not happy any more.

The Reg Piston might be gone too, if your at a reasonable velocity and its beadingthrough the reg piston and not past the orings.

-Robert

Load SM5
04-18-2002, 08:33 PM
Well, I've broken this thing down to the as far as I can go. I've checked out the the o-rings and they all look as "happy" as the day I got them. I seems I can't get to the Reg Piston (under the spring pack right?)to check on it's condition. Is this as far as I can go? Also the spring pack looks fine. I appreciate all the help. I can't consult the E-mag video because my wife has the VCR tied up. I have a repair kit but, as I said, everything looks to be in perfect condition. I'm a bit stumped.

Nimec
04-19-2002, 04:05 PM
mine did that when i first got it then i replaced the reg piston and it worked just fine. if its nothing else its probably that. beat the valve assembely on a table it should fall out.