PDA

View Full Version : How to Intelli without Intelli

jbgoneover
04-19-2002, 03:29 PM
SO there I was....Blending paint in my dearly loved RT... My finger finaly developed into a rapid firing beast but my feed rate had no love for me.... What to do???? What to do???

Options.....
1) Shoot slower
2) Buy Intelli frame from AGD for $115 plus shipping
3) Face the challange and solve the problem

I chose #3

Here's what you do if you are like me...Scrapping for tourney fees and paint but demand the performance a big budget can buy you..

Steps:

1) Get AGD info for intelli feed and have in front of you and get same required tools.
2) Get same required parts except leave out the nuts and bolts and replace them with double sided sticky foam.
3) Unscrew one side of your grip and flop open
4) Guestamate what size foam block you need to make so it will hold the switch centered and fit in the grip
5) cut foam squares and stick together but leave the non-stick paper on the switch side so you can play woth the switch to figure where it should go.
6) Stick the foam block to the inside of the grip that is still screwed to the frame.
7) measure where the switch should sit in order to be closed when trigger pulled and open when trigger released.
8) Wire switch according to AGD instructions and stick switch to foam block.
9) Observe how switch and trigger work together and adjust to your liking by bending the roller lever with a pair of needle nose pliars. (Don't forget to adjust it to your trigger habbits such as trigger pull distance)
10) Follow rest of AGD instructions until finished.

Questions???

Won't the sticky foam be unreliable?
I've used it for a month and played 4 times plus a PMI Tourney and never chopped or even sputtered once. Besides, I'll just replace the foam if I need to...It might take me 10 minutes now..

Why don't you use plastic and glue it?
It's up to you but I tried and only got a head ache...Polymers are hard as hell to glue....Foam is best solution so far.

How much of a difference does it make?
I was planning on selling my RT and getting an Angel but screw that....My teammates now have paid twice what I have so they can tickle their trigger....But that's not a gun...it's a marker and I want a GUN!

Do you know what you're talking about?
I'm the front man in a Rookie/Novice Team and I plan on being Amature level by the end of this season and Pro by the next and I know enough to know I don't know diddly.

Here's a Pic to assist you young Jedi!! Need any help just email me.

FrAuStY
04-19-2002, 03:48 PM
Well the way I look at it... that is the height of REDNECK ENGINEERING! But it works! If you think about it... you can change that setup about 80 times before you've sepnt the amount you would on an intelliframe! I personally would buy the intelli lol, but thats me. You could try to find some thick plastic (1/8 inch) cut it a little bigger than that opening. That way you can screw the micro switch into it...and then that will be a more solid mount for your switch. Than wedge the plastic board into your grip? Just throwing ideas out there..

Purple!? You have a purple mag?! Just kidding :)

spazzed
04-19-2002, 04:09 PM
Methinks i might try that.

XspyX
04-19-2002, 04:16 PM
I held it in place with electrical tape and hot-glued all around the microswitch. Worked great and there is NO movement! Plus it held all the wire connections in place firmly, becasue I'm too cheap to soder :)

than205
04-19-2002, 06:05 PM
Based on other posts I read this is what I did.
First you need a Bridgeport and an endmill.
Mill out where the switch will go.
And mill a guide channel for the wire to feed out.

jbgoneover
04-19-2002, 06:08 PM
I wouldn't try the plastic wedge thing because it doesnt hold up to being thrashed around and I demand performance from my equipment..... I think you should try the same and start by getting rid of that piece of **** bolt you use....The Factory bolt is a lot better and the super bolt is even better than that....How do you like the trigger on that itelli? Was it worth the green or do you just like to buy stuff....I might consider it later but I'll probably end up with an E-mag or an angel and keep My RT as a back up or for my girlfriend.
As far as my purple mag....I'm not afraid of my sexuality and I'm not insecure about my penis size either....I also get props on it everytime I play...the paint job that is.

LOL
Later

than205
04-19-2002, 06:10 PM
Then you mount the switch.
Fortunately my PMI rubber grips are somewhat thick.
I drilled 2 holes for the screws into the grip.
I put some plastic washers between the grip panel and the switch to center in behind the pivot.
And tightened down. Ran the wire down the grove and reassembled.

XspyX
04-19-2002, 08:43 PM
Mine, just held the switch in place and poured hot-glue on it. I was careful and it works great! No movement and solid placement!

XspyX
04-19-2002, 08:43 PM
Low-res camera...sorry

MikeCouves
04-19-2002, 09:09 PM
Well I bought my Intelliframe manily because it was comfortable, and had the nicest trigger pull. I don't really care about Intellifeed, it's just cool to have.

than205
04-19-2002, 09:39 PM
I have an older warp (the one with the snipped sensor).
After I dyed the shell the sensitivity had a suck factor of about 9.
(newbies, before anyone freaks and starts saying you can't dye your shell because it will ruin the sensor. Keep in mind that I said my warp was older. I believe there is a new/other/better sensor being used. I'm too lazy to upgrade. And I wanted to try to intellifeed)
Originally, I rigged a system together without a switch involved to see if I would like a intellifeed system. I do, so I milled out by grip frames to accomodate the switch.
I don't doubt that some time I will likely add a Intelliframe to my collection. Right now, I'm anxious to play sunday. (anyday)

Mike,
Take a look at the extender Rev 2.

SqueegeeKid
04-19-2002, 11:49 PM
I was just gonna get a smaller piece of aluminum and screw it into my frame. Then screw the switch onto that. Kinda like....the intelliframe. Mind you the aluminum would be pretty thin, but i bet it would hold. I'd like to weld/solder it but that'd be a pain.

I have maintainance guys at my work that do all kinds of nice things for my markers.