PDA

View Full Version : Greg The Bunny Paintball Episode

marc
04-19-2002, 11:30 PM
Hey did anyone else see the episode of Greg The Bunny, where they played a painball game? I looked though the forums and I did not see any threads on it so I wrote this one. For those AOers who don't watch alot of T.V. Greg the bunny is a fairly new show on FOX. Is a comedy, thats hard for me to explain, buts its kind of like Sesiamy (I dont remember how to spell) street behind stage, and the puppets are real.Any one else feel free to iliterate on what I said.
Anyways back to the paintball part. The cast of the show is going out to play paintball. The "Reff" is dressed up in all camo (not that there is anything wrong like that) and he acts like a commando. He says that painballs are not desighned to break the skin but they do, or something along that line. He also stressed the mask rule, which is atleast a step in a good direction for paintball on T.V. So then they go out to play the males V.S. females, while there are initially more men several of them decide to quit playing before the game beguins and walk off. So on the mens team there are only 2 players there to play; a drunken kermet the frog (which is always drunk, so its not like he was just drunk for playing) and the casts manager who is bent on winning. On the ladies side there is the Network advisor who is also bent on winning, and a mannly acting pupet, and another girl who i think is a secratery. Once the game starts they run off.
The manager shoots his own teammate kermit, because the is singing a song. When he gets shot he fall over and says hes dead. Then the manager continues on.
On the girls team the two girls want to stop but the network advisor tell them to stay in. they sit down on a stump and start to talk, with the network advisor in a war like stance. While sitting on the stump the two take off their goggles.
The manager sees them and has a perfect shot at them, but insead runs out in the open infont of them and the girls all shoot him several times in his camoflage teflon vest. He falls over and mutters some words.
So over all the reff came off as a commando, and was not seen during the game, but did tell about the goggle rule. The players took their goggles off a few times, shot their own teammates, and never used barrel plugs, but did not shoot the opponents after they were shot. The masks were only those cheap eye protection goggles that you wear when doing wood work, but are sill an improvement on having none at all.
I thought it was alright episode, but it did hurt painball with the whole mask thing. I have most likely left out a few parts that I have forgoten. What is your opinion on the episode.

Havoc_online
04-20-2002, 04:35 AM
I wish I could have popped out of somewhere with my equipment on the rest of them, lol

marc
04-20-2002, 08:50 AM
Ya it looked like their markers were pumps and semis. Because the manager pumped his gun before he shot his team mate, but with the rate of fire the ladies were shooting at it didnt seem like they had pumps.

Mango
04-20-2002, 06:53 PM
I saw that episode too. I did not like how it was portrayed, but until the general public is shown what Tournament Ball is about, they will always have that Image of paintball. And lets face it, paintball is rooted in that "Survival Woods Game" atmostphere.

The Public also dosent know about proper saftey gear and proceedures, so they would not know how to judge the episode and thus we are powerless.

:(

Major Ho
04-20-2002, 07:43 PM
LOL. That frog isnt drunk. The fool is just really messed up! I love him, he's so freakin funny... I believe one of his lines was "Umm, these paintballs taste like..."
ROFL, stupid dumb fart, he so funny... :D

bond1313
04-20-2002, 07:48 PM
Its was funny but it was not the best image for paintball.

Clare
04-20-2002, 09:41 PM
I dunno, some girls are really good at pumping fast*cough*
:rolleyes:

Quiet
04-21-2002, 07:35 AM
Did any of you watch the Jackass episode where they played paintball (sorta). It was more them wearing speedos and drawing on each other than a game, but it was funny

marc
04-21-2002, 10:30 AM
No but I did see the episode where they tie him up to a big target and shoot at him with a spyder shutter, and I saw the episode where they test a cup out.

ShooterJM
04-22-2002, 09:29 AM
Originally posted by Major Ho
LOL. That frog isnt drunk. The fool is just really messed up! I love him, he's so freakin funny... I believe one of his lines was "Umm, these paintballs taste like..."
ROFL, stupid dumb fart, he so funny... :D

Correct, his name is TARDY. Works on a couple levels.

I AM SINGING THE QUIET SONG!

marc
04-22-2002, 03:16 PM
So he is not a drunk! but what about the overweight bear? What was he doing with all of those "medications"

ShooterJM
04-22-2002, 03:25 PM
Originally posted by marc
So he is not a drunk! but what about the overweight bear? What was he doing with all of those "medications"

hehehe as far as I can tell the overweight ape simply takes great pleasure in...um....shall we say......self medicating..

"I've been keeping up with this pill, dog for dog!"

heheeh it's just a riot!

FeelTheRT
04-23-2002, 05:40 PM
I think you and everyone else should quit complaining. Just face it... That's the public image of paintball, it aint changing any time soon so just leave it as it is.

marc
04-23-2002, 09:24 PM
I really was not trying to complain, though I might have come off that I was. I do not expect the media to change its current prospective of the sport of paintball for a very long time, if ever. Not that I am defending them either, but they will show what their audience wants to see and expects. Their audience expects them to show paintball as a war game, because to them it is a war game. While that is sad and is a travisty, that is the way it is.

FeelTheRT
04-24-2002, 12:28 PM
Originally posted by marc
Their audience expects them to show paintball as a war game, because to them it is a war game. While that is sad and is a travisty, that is the way it is.

Yes it is sad but you have to realize that that is what paintball is in the eyes of non serious paintballers and everyone else. Out of my whole school i only know 6 people that takes it seriuosly as a 'sport' and not a war game. There are MANY paintballers in my school, most of which shoot either Tippmanns or Cockers but they all still think its a war game. Can't fight it.

obsolete898
04-24-2002, 05:18 PM
If you think about it it really is a war game. You are runnig around shooting people. You even use the same tactics. I know I'm not being PC, but come on think about it.

Just cause it's a war sim. doesn't mean it can't be considard an actual sport.