PDA

View Full Version : Help!

subbeh
04-20-2002, 09:58 AM
This post could qualify me for the retard-of-the-year award here on AO...

OK. I have an old school RT. The little screw that the air goes through into the valve, in the back of the grip frame, is STUCK. I got it about half-way in, and it became really hard to get in. I kept trying to get it in, and couldn't, so I tried to take it off. I CANNOT GET IT OUT! I just put some oil on it hoping it may get down into the threads and maybe I can pull it out later... any other suggestions?

Frustrating, yes...

SlipknotX556
04-20-2002, 10:39 AM
Well try putting some oil or something slippry around it. Then try to get it out, if that dosent work, then you will have to use the ancuient art of a chizzle (AKA The Cocker).

TheBigRaguPB4L
04-20-2002, 01:30 PM
Try puting a little pressure on the back of the valve as you try to unscrew. Use the allen key and make sure the bolt(the little screw is called a banjo bolt) isn't stripped, allong with the allen key. As i said, make sure you put a little pressure on the back of the valve(not to much). My guess is that you probably still have some air in the line so it sealed itself.

subbeh
04-20-2002, 02:03 PM
No air in the line... This occurred while I was screwing it back in after cleaning it.

Telefragged
04-20-2002, 09:13 PM
Crossthreading?

subbeh
04-20-2002, 09:19 PM
Well, for now the problem is fine, but I plan on getting another banjo bolt because I pretty-well tore mine to pieces screwing it in... but it made it in and I could play... that's what counts :)