PDA

View Full Version : Butterfingers 21st!!!!

Butterfingers
04-20-2002, 01:11 PM
Post pictures of your favorite bevrage!

Then I will attempt to consume all of those throughout the course of the day. :)

personman
04-20-2002, 01:26 PM
Enjoy.
All of them are empty besides the mr. pibb. MR PIBB OWNZ J00

personman
04-20-2002, 01:28 PM
Happy birthday, BTW. :D (You have to drink all of them, you know ;) )

Butterfingers
04-20-2002, 01:32 PM
Thanks, ill use em as chasers... :)

Potatoboy
04-20-2002, 01:42 PM
On the left we have ice cold.
On the right we have flaming. (preferably with a coffee bean)

Oh yeah, Happy Birthday!

Mav D MagMan
04-20-2002, 01:45 PM
Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to you... Happy Birthday Happy Birthday Happy Birthday to yoooooooooooou.
:)

http://thumb-2.image.altavista.com/image/176044470

Water It's good for you, and it's pretty much all I'll drink.

personman
04-20-2002, 02:00 PM
/me slaps Mav D Magman silly

tsc
04-20-2002, 02:44 PM
http://www.bevnet.com/images/reviews/orbitz/orbitz-berry_currant_berry.jpg

if you aren't puking by the end of today, drink this. It'll get you retching if nothing else.

personman
04-20-2002, 03:09 PM
AHHHH that stuff is more than nasty.

langrage
04-20-2002, 04:30 PM
My favorite. One small glass four ice-cubes, three fingers high. Just plain bueno.:D

lopxtc
04-20-2002, 04:31 PM
Damn ... I dont have a pic of this stuff but I always drank this while walking around Japan ... its their answer to Gatorade ...

Pocari Sweat ... :) yes sweat not sweet *LOL* ... was good stuff though ... bad name ... good taste *L*

Aaron

lopxtc
04-20-2002, 04:33 PM
Okay here is a pic of the label ...

Croix71
04-20-2002, 06:43 PM
Happy Birthday Butter! http://216.40.249.192/mysmilies/otn/party/beerchug.gif

Quiet
04-20-2002, 07:02 PM
Happy 21st, give the big porcelin telephone a hello for me

lopxtc - when I was last there they were really pushing Kirin Speed

-Jôker-
04-20-2002, 07:19 PM
personman that some sort of game?????

personman
04-20-2002, 07:31 PM
no, thats called
'A stack of coke cans.'

-Jôker-
04-20-2002, 07:56 PM
lol well i saw a bunch of the pop thingys around so i thought you might of been tryin to knocke ti down with them :D me and my friends do crazy stuff like that somtimes

lopxtc
04-20-2002, 08:31 PM
I was last there in 95 ... I need to go back ... where were you when you were over there. I was stationed at a Marine base in Iwakuni Japan ... small back water town ... about 45 mins from Hiro ...

Aaron

Originally posted by Quiet
Happy 21st, give the big porcelin telephone a hello for me

lopxtc - when I was last there they were really pushing Kirin Speed

Mav D MagMan
04-20-2002, 09:51 PM
Personman? Why am I getting slapped silly? Lol, geez that would be the third time today, and fourth time this week someone I don't know has done it. ;)

subbeh
04-20-2002, 09:58 PM
:)

subbeh
04-20-2002, 09:58 PM
Ehehehehe....

Shaft
04-20-2002, 11:01 PM
DRINK MALORT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rocp15126
04-20-2002, 11:02 PM
Hey LOPXTC

I don't know about where you live, but in the Asian Stores in Califorina you can still get POCARI SWEAT!

shartley
04-21-2002, 06:03 AM
Funny…. 21 is associated with “drinking”. I have a problem with this (and yes, I used to BE a heavy drinker), but let me explain why.

If the “drinking” is what is important than it shows a lack of maturity. This is NOT a flame or a slam, it is the truth. There are other ages that denote special abilities, or phases of life, and they don’t generally go hand in hand with being stupid… (no, I am not saying that everyone who drinks is stupid…. You KNOW what I am talking about.).

Example…. Legal driving ages. Do you see a mad rush to get into cars and drive 90MPH?

Example… Legal Voting age. Do you see a mad rush to get to a Voting Booth and do your civic duty? (interesting concept though.)

There are others as well, but you get the point. You do not see people openly boasting about them like they do about 21 and drinking alcohol. And you generally do not see the problems associated with them that you do with drinking either. And this is sad. I understand it, but it is still sad.

Drink responsibly if you are going to drink. And sorry, if the reason you are drinking is because you are 21, that is not a very good reason. We would like to see you reach 22.

Oh…. Happy Birthday.

Quiet
04-21-2002, 06:38 AM
lopxtc - Spent most of my time in and around Sapporo, Tokyo and Nagano. 1999. Think they were pushing speed as an alternative to pocari, it had just come out. I thought the name was funny, Sweat must lose something in the translation

Butterfingers
04-21-2002, 09:13 AM
Darnit sharley! NO WET TOWELS ON MY B-DAY :) Let me enjoy myself!

shartley
04-21-2002, 09:53 AM
LOL Sowwy. ;)

I DO hope you have a great Birthday.... and many more. :D:D:D

Mav D MagMan
04-21-2002, 11:29 AM
Mav (sucking up to Shartley): "I posted water! I got slapped for it and went against the crowd but I posted water!" LOL, it pays to kiss but ;)

Butterfingers
04-21-2002, 02:18 PM
Yep yep... Im back and alive... wow I dont remember half the night. That scares me :)

The evening started off at 6:30 with a 24 of heinekens (not all for me :) ). Then off to the bar crawl where all my Sig Ep brothers bought me shots of various flavors. Then had a few more beers. Then took a cab back to my buddy's house continued drinking hineys. Ended up passing out 5:30 in the morn on my friends couch.

My head hurts.

BTW. I didn't end up talking to the porclain telephone, or hugging the porclean godess... It was WAYYYY too far away. :) Sorry Jay I'll be over soon to scrub your kitchen floor.

personman
04-21-2002, 03:57 PM
Mav D MagMan: You know why im slapping you, very well.
Joker: I took the little thingys of the top so I could balance the cans better... anyway, Im to lame to be that crative.

Mav D MagMan
04-21-2002, 06:43 PM
Mav: *sulking dejectedly* Ok I guess I'll stop posting here, since obviously there is bias towards healthy people... *sigh* ;p Just joshin with ya guys. Ok Ok water's lame... Oh well I'm not a big alkeeholic beverage kinda person or coke for that matter (long story).

ThePatriot
04-21-2002, 09:19 PM
Actually shartley, there is a mad rush to go 90MPH when you reach legal driving age. I dont know if you notice it, but it is definetely there, u know how many people die per day in drag races down here? All the people are between the ages of like 16 and 19, most ppl see 16 as an age of freedom(liscense) so it is one of those "big days" just like getting drunk when u hit 21.

shartley
04-22-2002, 06:15 AM
ThePatriot

Actually shartley, there is a mad rush to go 90MPH when you reach legal driving age. I dont know if you notice it, but it is definetely there, u know how many people die per day in drag races down here? All the people are between the ages of like 16 and 19, most ppl see 16 as an age of freedom(liscense) so it is one of those "big days" just like getting drunk when u hit 21.
LOL You take the cake for persistence. You are always out to prove me wrong… and chalk this up to yet another time that you tried and failed to do so. ;)

You see, although you bring up an interesting point (and one that is very important and a great topic for conversation), it is actually irrelevant because it is not a direct comparison to MY points, thus making your point miss its mark as you intended. Let me explain…

I was CLEARLY indicating the actions of the BIRTHDAY corresponding to the “event”, not the actions of the individuals for years to come AFTER that day. Yes, many young people die because they drive fast. But many older people do as well. There is however, NO… “I just turned the legal age to drive, so I will now get into a car and drive 90MPH.” HOWEVER, there IS “I just turned 21, so I will now go and get very drunk.” It is almost a “right of passage”, and a very dangerous one at that, for drinking…. But NOT for driving. Sorry.

THAT is what my point was. And your argument just does not match up.

I have NEVER pulled over a speeder (or thank God pulled their body out of a car accident) of a kid who JUST turned legal driving age and wanted to be stupid and drive 90 MPH because he/she was of legal age and it was his/her Birthday. I am sure it has been done, but not in any numbers that would indicate a “problem” or “pattern”. However, I HAVE responded to accidents (involving cars and without cars) concerning people on their 21st Birthday and alcohol. And I can tell you that this IS a “problem” and it IS a “pattern”. And responding to unfortunate accidents caused by heavy drinking on people’s 21st Birthday is NOT something I would wish on anyone…. nor the accidents themselves.

If you really wanted to prove me wrong, you would go and get the statistics of children who are killed or seriously hurt while driving 90 MPH (or any speed in gross excess of the legal limit) on the actual day (or day into the next) of their legal driving age birthday, and DIRECTLY compare those numbers to that of people killed or seriously hurt while heavily drinking on the actual day (or day into the next) of their legal drinking age birthday. I do not know the actual figures off the top of my head, but I would be willing to bet all that I own, that they are not even close. And this comes from actual first hand experience on this matter.

You did not do this, but compared the actions of people for years following the “event days”, which I would not even have argued about. You are correct, young people driving fast IS a problem, and many die. But that was NOT my point, it was the actions of people ON the day in question… not years following it.

Please, next time make a relevant and rational argument directly corresponding to the points you wish to refute.

(Note: I was clearly not going to comment further on this topic, but had to respond to the post made directly to me. I am glad all went well for Butterfingers’ birthday, and that he had a good time… all and all.)

DryIce
04-22-2002, 07:07 AM
http://www.galaxy-pc.com/gameover.jpg

obsolete898
04-22-2002, 10:19 AM
^^^^^ Wow vodka in a plastic bottle. That's the good stuff right.

Potatoboy
04-22-2002, 10:25 AM
Yeah, that's the good stuff.

I'm more concerned with the fermented sun tan lotion disguising it's self as rum.

:D

DryIce
04-22-2002, 12:17 PM
haha
only the best

obsolete898
04-22-2002, 12:51 PM
I'm more concerned with the fermented sun tan lotion disguising it's self as rum.

No kidding. That stuff if an exercise for your gag reflex. Not to mention it's weak. Good old bacardi select. mmmmmmmmmmmm

DryIce
04-22-2002, 01:44 PM
trust me
that was plenty for 6 or so people