PDA

View Full Version : ? on shootdown ? retro valve ?

Mgwannabie
04-21-2002, 12:08 AM
what is the shootdown ive hear somthing about it and i dont kno what it is some one enlighten me pls............

what does the retro valve have over the normal what kindof advantage just how fast u shoot? accuracy? or what?

BlackVCG
04-21-2002, 01:48 AM
Shootdown occurs when the gun is cycling faster than the system can supply air to the ball. This leads to lower velocity shots. It's different on all guns. The Retro Valve will recharge up to 26cps with NO shootdown. This means that no matter what ROF you can pull off, you'll never see shootdown.

The benefit to the Retro Valve is the recharge rate and the reactive trigger. This means the trigger pushes back with more force than it takes to pull. This increases your ROF and can easily allow you to shoot a much higher ROF than your stock AIR valve.

Blazingace
04-21-2002, 10:39 AM
Hello,

In reference to shootdown, is it possible to outshoot a tank? I use 20 oz CO2s with my Minimags, I run remotes and x-chambers to prevent liquid from entering the gun. I was wondering with all these things between my valve and the pressure source if I can outshoot the CO2? I find that when I shoot very fast for a long period of time the marker seems like it is out of air. Am I freezing my tank, remote or x-chamber. I have found that the ACI sub-zero freezes faster than the HNG chamber due to the ACI's internals. AND YES I AM LOOKING FOR AN HPA TANK. Thank you.

sicones
04-21-2002, 10:56 AM
whats the diff between an automag RT and a regular automag with a retro valve besides the look?

Blazingace
04-21-2002, 11:16 AM
Nothing really.

FordPrefect
04-21-2002, 12:39 PM
Originally posted by sicones
whats the diff between an automag RT and a regular automag with a retro valve besides the look?

The new RT's have an Intelliframe on them, that is about all.