PDA

View Full Version : making a rt more reactive

hardr0ck68
04-21-2002, 08:21 AM
i have a retro valve set up with a powerfeed body, long/hard nose bolt, 45/3000 flatline (fiber wrapped :D ), i-frame. even with the input up to like 800 it dosent feel that reactive, i was woundering what were other factors in its reactive feel other than just input? thanks for any help.

jah871
04-21-2002, 08:23 AM
you could raise you input even more, or you could get a shorter on off pin to make it more reactive.

WickeDKlowN
04-21-2002, 08:38 AM
try rasing the input pressure to about 850 or 900

kutter
04-21-2002, 09:14 AM
I run mine at 950 and its very reactive. I have met people that run it at 1100, but they also have to rebuild their valves very frequently and I did not think that the additional pressure made much of a difference in the trigger.

Isn't there a limit on how high you can run in a tournament so you cannot hit the sweet spot? It takes a fair amount of practice to get used to the trigger to hit that spot(I am still not good at it) but once you do :D You will outshoot any gun on the field, mechanical or electro.

Just my opinion, I could be wrong.

Major Ho
04-21-2002, 10:39 AM
I think I have mine up at a little over 1000. Plenty snappy. I am also told you can shorten your on/off pin but Rob said its not good for the tolerances dealy... As for rebuilding my valve? Pff, I havent seen any type of problems for...9 months now?

marc
04-21-2002, 10:43 AM
I know that if you increase your output pressure you will have more reactivty, and I think that if you lower your output pressure you will have a lighter trigger with less reactivity, but im really not sure on that one so I wouldnt recamend trying it untill some one else says Im right or wrong.

Micromag man!
04-21-2002, 10:49 AM
HEs right, when u find the sweetspot ull feel like 1,000,000$ gun is in ur hand. One day not too long ago me and a couple friends were about to go out in my yard and play some pb when i was trying to find it, now ive had it for a year now, and i got it used and my tank is set at 940, but when i hit that sweetspot i nearly crapped myself!!! i handed it to my friend, but he couldnt do it, all 3 of us were in awe!!!:p

~Backdraft~
04-21-2002, 11:02 AM
I heard that if you loosen up the screw that holds your valve in just a little bit then it will be more reactive...i haven't tried it yet but will next weekend...can anyone tell me if this actually works? and if it does...why does that help?..i just can't think of a good reason why loosening that screw would help.

Micromag man!
04-21-2002, 11:19 AM
u mean the one in the back, the velocity, YES IT DOES!!!!! it makes it very reactive but u wont have range with it so it wont matter, unless u have an rva and wanna bunker some1 it would be cool hehehehee i dunno y it does it tho

Potatoboy
04-21-2002, 11:22 AM
No, he means the field strip screw. Loosening that will accomplist the goal, but at what damage?

Your sear will be out of alignment with valve and bolt. This will cause more wear.

There have been stories of people doing this for one day and needing a new sear.

It just isn't a good idea. If you can't adjust your tank, call AGD and order a more reactive on/off pin.

~Backdraft~
04-21-2002, 11:39 AM
yup, thats what i meant the FIELD STRIP screw...i dont know why i couldn't think of that at the time. Anyways, thanks for the info, guess i wont be trying that next weekend when i play.

ovaj
04-21-2002, 11:53 AM
I kinda have the same problem. My R/T valve for my mini is plenty reactive but no sweet spot yet. I was wondering if it is easier to find with a double trigger as opposed to the stock single. I will be getting the intelli-frame soon. I also received a shortened on/off from AGD. My input pressure is set at about 750-800. I've tried higher but to no effect. Just wondering if any of you double trig users have an easier time finding the sweet spot.

speedballbanks
04-21-2002, 01:42 PM
a kid at my field tried that with the loosening of the field strip screw NOT A GOOD IDEA it broke his field strip screw off inside his valve and yet he did it again but oh well in my opinion i wouldn't try it so that doesn't happen.

Chris
04-21-2002, 03:21 PM
The reason your RT doesnt need as much pressure to "sweet spot" is because of tollerances. Your RT was designed to be like that, while the retrovalves can be made like that with the right combination of on/off pins and body rails.

Sweet spotting is pointless...dont do it, you will wear parts quicker, and most likely chop. Run the pressure so that the trigger returns as quickly as you like it. I ran my mag at 1200 psi input for over a year with no problems ever.

-Chris

hardr0ck68
04-21-2002, 04:16 PM
hmmm when i turned the input up to 1100 last time i was at the feild, i couldent get the velocity under 280 without the gun crapping out. I had to turn the reg nut back mad far and it would dump air out the back (not like a small leak either). I supose i could turn it back up some and see what happens....

RT_Luver
04-21-2002, 04:35 PM
on my rt pro I had (before I parted everything out on it) I had the sweet spot down so sickly I could out shoot any marker at my local field. I believe on time I had like 11bps maybe more maybe less it was pretty high. its been about 1 1/2 months since I played so I dont trully remember what it was but it was FAST. me and a timmy owner had a shoot out and everyone said I had the faster trigger. I was so happy:D not that it proves anything but its nice being faster then someone, ya know

Puddleglum
04-21-2002, 07:18 PM
I got 11bps over the chrono yesterday. Is this pretty common? I thought the average speed was a lot more. I wasn't really trying to shoot that fast, is this pretty normal?