PDA

View Full Version : Lookin at mags

Packer fan
04-21-2002, 10:14 AM
Well I'm looking at these mags also impy's. I plan on purchasing one by july,august. I really know nothing on the mags so what r some decent ones. This RT pro i think looks nice. Some Q's are the mags built with better tolerance than my shutter. What I mean is you can take to kingman markers and they wont be the same. Hard to buy parts for something if you only got like a 50% they fit..... So give it to me. Pros/ cons on the mags. I also see alot of people buyin cockers and angels. How do the mags compare to these top line markers??

RTrampage
04-21-2002, 10:31 AM
well if you have the money an RT pro would be a very good investment and could easily compete with cockers angels etc.. some of the pros of the RT are, now they come with intelliframes so you can link them up with your hopper, it is extremely fast its the fastest mechanical gun there is, cleaning is very simple, you can litteraly go home and take a shower with it after a day of play and afterwards all you need to do is take out one screw and youll have the internals in your hand.. the only cons i can think of are that you absolutely have to use nitro on it and that it isnt as upgradable as some of the other markers you mentioned, but all in all the RT is an awesome gun.

Packer fan
04-21-2002, 10:35 AM
ok r they easy to maintain? Or maybe I should start out with the 68 mag? But then you basically have to build the gun from scatch right? I guess which mag would be a good begging/ learning gun?http://www.packers.com/images/fan_hof_logo.gif

RTrampage
04-21-2002, 10:41 AM
they are very easy to maintain, they are very reliable and unless your an unlucky bastard like myself you shouldnt every have any serious problems as long as you keep it oiled, the 68 mags can come with a barrel and air setup depending on where you get them.
http://www.paintballgear.net/010-1012-1.html
this website has a mag that comes with everything you need to start.

Micromag man!
04-21-2002, 10:44 AM
I own a Retro micromag with a bunch of stuff on it and i could have had ANY gun i wanted but i chose that one and i dont regret it one bit.... id go for a micromag rt u can annodize them and they r lighter, but i would most definitly go for a mag. Only thing is was i got to thinking and i want a new gun, was gunna be a Free Flow, but ive made up my mind, another micromag!!!

Blazingace
04-21-2002, 10:48 AM
The RT Pro and the 68 are very similar guns. To maintain any Mag all you have to do is remove one screw and the major parts of the gun are right there. Mostly all you have to do is place some oil in the air inlet and dry fire the gun. The RT Pro requires Nitro where as the 68 will run off CO2 but likes nitro better. One of the major selling points of mags is reliablity and ease of maintenance. I love my Minimags they are indestructible. I really want an RT Pro though. I don't any experience with the Impy, but I did see the airsmith at the store I go to working on one. I left the store and came back 3 hours later to get an airline and he was still working on the same Impy. But it really comes down to what you like better, what feels more comfortable to you. I love my Minis though.......Oh I mentioned that before. :D

Packer fan
04-21-2002, 11:04 AM
tx for all the replies, very helpful now i got something to start lookin at

MrAirgunRT
04-21-2002, 11:28 AM
<------ Thus the nickname ;)

MantisMag
04-21-2002, 12:11 PM
mags are great gun to start with. i just got a used retro mag a couple months ago. even knowing nothing about maintaining a paintball marker i watched the video and read some of the posts here and i was fine. very easy to operate and maintain. i was watching a pro shop owner teach a kid how to set up his new marker. a bm2k i think it was. it seemed overly complicated to me. to gas it up he had to do certain things first and if he didn't it wouldn't cock. mag you just screw in and you're good. then he had to adjust the velocity. all it takes for the mag is an allen wrench to the back of the valve to adjust velocity. this guy had to unscrew parts and adjust it in a couple different places. if that sounds wrong to anybody who knows about the bm2k's i'm sorry. it might have been something else. i wasn't really paying attention. i was just glad i had my mag and didn't have to deal with all that.

as for the tolerance issue and parts not fitting i don't think that'll be a problem. AGD builds many of their parts to within +- .001 inches. if there's a problem it's almost always with the aftermarket part you're trying to put on.

i'd highly recommend the mag. although i have heard good things about the performance of impys. good luck with your decision.

SlipknotX556
04-21-2002, 12:58 PM
The best pro is that with a mag is that you will never need to repair it. It is a very simple gun and its easy to field strip. The only con is that you cant use co2 but it dosent affect me, beacause I use nitro anyway. Well you can use co2 on some mags just not the RT and Emag, if you try to use it on the RT or Emag you just spent 500-900 bucks on a gun that you now have to get ride of because you cant repair it, its dead.

Cristobal
04-21-2002, 02:12 PM
Well you can use co2 on some mags just not the RT and Emag, if you try to use it on the RT or Emag you just spent 500-900 bucks on a gun that you now have to get ride of because you cant repair it, its dead.

Just a clarification, I don't think the gun (RT or Emag) would actually be dead, you'd have to replace orings for sure, but it should definitely be repairable. One of the Mods (maybe Army or BlackVCG) posted in a thread a bit back about running CO2 in an Emag. The gun worked fine for a few shots before it froze up and needed its on-off o-rings replaced.

Jonno06
04-21-2002, 06:33 PM
www.packers.com/images/fan_hof_logo.gif[img]

this is link you have in ur sig now....capitalize the img's,and put a "/" infront of last one..like .

BTAutoMag
04-21-2002, 08:06 PM
where in WI are you because my dealer has a brand new vision impulse for sale.

tysonmachado
04-22-2002, 10:50 AM
One thing you should look out for on the automag is that the vertical ASA is longer than on most guns so it can be difficult to find a gas-through foregrip which will fit if you are using a long dropforward like the KAPP Dropzone. If you do plan to use a longer dropforward you will need to use a non-gas through grip or one which is made for the mag. Fighter-x makes some nice automag gas-throughs, and they also make shorter gas-through grips which screw into an ASA. It's really a minor problem and not one which should afect your decision, but it can be frustrating to spend $10-$20 on a foregrip that doesn't fit. Also, there are several aftermarket parts for the Automag which don't really do anything, such as aftermarket regulator housings or on-off assemblies. It is generally best to stick with all stock valve parts, and save your money for useful upgrades.

One major benefit of the Automag is the built in regulator, which provides consistent air pressure in the valve. Most other markers don't have an integrated regulator, and the automag only weighs about 1 1/2 ounces more than a stock spyder or piranha.

soilent green
04-22-2002, 11:11 AM
if you use stock and AGD aftermarket stuff the tolerances are great its after market companies that make crap for the mag that have poor tolerances if you run nitro you will love the mag an agitated loader is another important upgrade right off the bat

Packer fan
04-22-2002, 04:07 PM
I live in clintonville about a hour west of appleton and green bay

Packer fan
04-22-2002, 04:16 PM
theres a guy selling a minimag for 255 and a automag for 75. no pics yet of them yet. is the mini a good deal?

BTAutoMag
04-22-2002, 07:38 PM
buy the automag! youll never find another deal like that ever again!