PDA

View Full Version : Super Blender or Trigger Rod or Me ?!?!

gonefishin
04-22-2002, 06:48 AM
Ok - Here is the scoop.

Recently I picked up an older RT (valve 2210). This was my first mag, but I have always heard good things and I got a pretty good deal. The marker was all stock except for a Benchmark single trigger 45.

A few weeks ago, I took her out of the first time and was able to hammer on the trigger. Although, Every once in a while, I would get a little burrrp, buurp, burrrp, Pop, out of it. (think I was short stroking). Regardless of the problem, I blew so much paint that day it was a sin. Had to call myself out of two games just because of the amount of goo in the marker. I even managed to blow a couple up into the hopper (what a mess).

Well, after that, I read a few threads here and decided to pick up a new powerfeed plug (to improve the feed) and an Intelliframe.

This week, I got both on the marker (did not yet hook up Ifram to Rev). Things went much better at the field. I was able to shoot much better. However, I did still manage to turn it into a high speed blender during one game. Plus still could get it to burp every once in a while.

A guy at the field (more or less knows what he is talking about most of the time). Told me to shorten my trigger rod 1/4 to 1/2 turns. Said it might take care of the short stroking. I already have a little gap between the trigger rod and trigger. Should I do this? What should be the proper trigger rod length and or gap for an RT with Iframe?

Or Maybe it is just me and I need to work a little more on my trigger pull :D

Thanks

Telefragged
04-22-2002, 07:55 AM
Don't mess with the trigger rod, practice shooting, you may still be short stroking.

FrAuStY
04-22-2002, 08:02 AM
DO NOT ADJUST THE TRIGGER ROD That was/should be set from AGD to the exact length needed to completely open and close the on/off valve. If you've never shot mags before..you have to run complete trigger strokes other wise the bolt will slip off the sear causing you to chop. With an R/T its that much easier to short stroke if you're trying to run in the sweet-spot (Rapid fire by just holding the trigger about halfway) I'm not sure what the exact measurements are for the R/T rod..if I find them I'll post it on here. Army or BlackVCG I think knows these specs by heart lol.. maybe they'll honor us with their knowledge.

There should be a gap of 1/16" between trigger and rod before firing.