PDA

View Full Version : intelliframe and sear pin

Zygote
04-22-2002, 10:16 AM
I just put an intelliframe on my micromag last weekend and realized that the sear pin was held in by a lip on the stock .45 frame that the intelliframe doesn't have. So I need a solution that is more permanent than the duct tape that is holding it in now but is less permanent than superglue. I'm considering loctite but I have no experience with it and I don't know how easy it would be to remove if I had to change the sear assembly for some reason. Anyone have any ideas?

cphilip
04-22-2002, 11:40 AM
The Sear pin sits in a groove in the Rail on a Mag not the in the grip frame so no its not there in the intelliframe grip. I don't know much about the Micro Mag rails though...where did your sear pin slot occur on your old grip? So it was not in the rail on the Micromag?

Zygote
04-22-2002, 12:17 PM
I think that thing's called a sear pin (the little rod the trigger rotates around). The micromag doesn't have a separate removable rail, so the pin is inserted through a hole just above the grip frame. The stock micromag frame extends up a little to cover a bit of the hole and keep the pin from sliding out, but the intelliframe doesn't do that. I put a piece of wadded up paper in the hole to keep the pin from sliding around and covered it with duct tape. It works, but its not the most attractive solution.

cphilip
04-22-2002, 12:26 PM
OK I see your problem now. Hmmm...Never heard of anyone trying to do this yet. You might be the first to discover this problem. If you come up with a clever solution to this it might be note worthy to let all the other Micromag owners know. I wonder if any of the Techs at AGD have run into this yet? If you could search for some small plastic plugs or something that could be pulled out for dissasembly later?