PDA

View Full Version : How to make a trigger stop fir a benchmark

Micromag man!
04-22-2002, 03:01 PM
how do i make a trigger stop for a benchmark frame!!!!????

FrAuStY
04-22-2002, 03:31 PM
Its fairly involved..., and NO YOU'RE NOT AN AIRSMITH FOR DOING THIS. (I'm not one for telling you either!) First you have to remove the Trigger frame from the gun. Next remove the trigger from the frame. Find a good place in the front edge of the frame (Behind trigger) to drill and tap a hole for a set screw. (1/8" dia. and 3/16" long, may need to be shorter or longer depending on the ammount of room behind trigger AFTER the gun has fired) If you don't know how to use a tap and die set...you shouldn't attempt this as you may cosmetically or functionally damage the frame.
The lengthy part is once you have the set screw tapped and ready to be adjusted...you have to dis-assemble and re-assemble the frame several times until you have the set screw adjusted to stop the trigger right after the gun fires.

RATM
04-22-2002, 04:11 PM
My brother did a ghetto rig on his Spyder stock frame. Rather than doing something complicated..he simply took electric tape and a a very small peice of carboard and folded the carboard over to right width..then wrapped tape around it and the frame till it was a nice thickness..lol it works.

Shingo
04-22-2002, 04:39 PM
I had the same prob on my frame too. Don't mess with the frame... it'll look stupid if you screw up. This is what I did instead.

Remove the trigger. Find a good spot for a small hole on the back of the trigger. Drill a hole to fit a small rod into but be sure not to go all the way through. Then press a rob into the hole. To adjust, simply file at the rod shorter to the point were the mag fires. Part is tricky, take your time on it. a little filing goes a long ways.

If you screw up remove the small rod and your back to where you started. Your trigger will have a small hole in the back BUT your frame is still intact.

-Shingo-

SqueegeeKid
04-22-2002, 06:35 PM
The guy i bought my mag off of took the single trigger guard, cut it off, put a double trigger on it, and used the remnants of the trigger guard as a stop. Works pretty good only you might get harrassed about the safety level of it.