PDA

View Full Version : Making AO t shirts and stuff

liigod
04-22-2002, 04:45 PM
Im going to do a simple design or automags.org t shirts for u guys. They will be cheap, and ill make sweaters and mugs and stuff optional. Tell me what kind of designs you want on it, or im guna guess at it.

Who should i ask permission from to make AO tshirts and stuff? :cool:

Whomever made that jersy design, can i use that idea?]

Thanks guys...

spazzed
04-22-2002, 04:50 PM
Got a price range?

HoppysMag
04-22-2002, 04:51 PM
ya just in case you should ask Toms permision..... im sure he will give it to you... as long as your not gunna go turn around and sell them to like DYE or a store or sumthin.

liigod
04-22-2002, 04:58 PM
nope they will be like 5-10 bucks for a t shirt, prolly less. Then add shipping. TOM CAN I GET YER PERMISSION!:D no i wont sell them to any retail chains, just guys like you.

bond1313
04-22-2002, 05:05 PM
cool i am interested in them, I will buy 2 or 3 if there around 10-15 bucks.

Potatoboy
04-22-2002, 05:08 PM
If no one here has ever seen those Cafepress Shirts the quality is fairly crappy.

liigod
04-22-2002, 05:11 PM
actually i have a few and they are fine... and cheap.

shartley
04-22-2002, 05:59 PM
The shirts (and other clothing) they use are standard for ANY silk screening stuff. They are the same quality as most local shops will offer, in fact the same brands as well. The only problem I have with MOST people using them, Cafepress, (yes I have used them as well and had GREAT results) is that if you put CRAP on them, it is still CRAP. :rolleyes:

BUT I find it hard to think that the shirts will only be 5-10 bucks a shirt.... since their BASE price is much higher than that (if made using Cafepress).

If you have a simple 2-4 color design I always recommend spending the money and having them silk screened... if you have high color count with a lot of detail, Cafepress is not a bad way to go for small runs, special events, small company "employee" clothing, etc.

I know I have had some stuff made up by Cafepress that would NEVER be cost effective with standard printing methods (Photo quality "artsy" graphics, and very small amounts.). It is a means to an end, but only ONE means. But you only get out of it what you put INTO it... as I said, crappy design makes for a crappy product.. no matter HOW you have it made.

And Cafepress stuff is not meant for ROUGH wearing. But for most people that is just fine. You will not be playing paintball in this stuff. And everyone is free to buy what they want. Moreover, I have seen stuff offered here to AO folks that gets bought up like hotcakes, but I would not spend a dime on it because in MY opinion it looks like crap and is of poor quality…. Go figure. You can never tell what people will buy…. ;)

liigod
04-22-2002, 06:02 PM
yup it was wrong its like 13 bucks a shirt.

liigod
04-22-2002, 06:02 PM
im doing a simple immage i made so far, if u want differnt stuff on it, send em to me or upload them.