PDA

View Full Version : Is the "Longnose Bolt" Better?

Micromag man!
04-22-2002, 07:04 PM
what advantages does the longnose have over the stock ones? is it worth getting? are the ANS bolts longnose style or just short?

Xzion
04-22-2002, 07:09 PM
Well, seeing as the 'long nose' bolt is now the stock AGD bolt, means theyre one in the same. Though I presume your referring to the 'classic' stock bolt, the extended neck helps reduce blowback, and helps reduce ball chops.

As for the ANS bolts, from what I understand, theyre made of a lesser quality steel, and tend to wear more quickly than the AGD ones, and in the long run, doesnt do much in the way of performance of your 'mag.

I do know some swear by the ANS bolts, and some swear by the AGD bolts. As its been said before, 'to each their own' I suppose. :)

liigod
04-22-2002, 07:12 PM
the long nose bolt gives less blow back, a huge factor in feeding for mags

Micromag man!
04-22-2002, 07:24 PM
Is the ANS Bolt Long nose style?

FeelTheRT
04-22-2002, 07:33 PM
http://www.robagd.com/misc/robsig.jpg
Meet RobAGD's minions, Are you SURE you wantto put those aftermarket parts in your mag now ?

Micromag man!
04-22-2002, 07:50 PM
yes.... positive.......... My friends shot very impressively with the ANS bolt

hitmanng
04-22-2002, 11:08 PM
I have all 3 bolts. The ANS is good but it does wear and decrease performance if not replaced when the wear starts. The AGD long nose bolt works as well as the ANS and doesn't wear like it does. The short bolt increases choping and blowback issues.
hitmanng

Micromag man!
04-23-2002, 10:30 AM
is the ANS bolt LONG NOSE TOO.... so it decreases blowback?

cphilip
04-23-2002, 12:12 PM
Well... back in the old wire nubbin days...(what was that like a month or so ago?) the short nosed bolt was far better at not catching and breaking nubbins and I used one and didn't even know I had problems till someone convinced me I did because of this new long bolt is the cure for everything craze started. I keep telling everyone that size don't matter and they just will not believe me. And all this thing looks like it is a non circumcised bolt after all. And I realy do think the shorter one is more healthy. But Hey! do as you like...So OK you guys...you live in your little world and I will live in mine... :D

Paintballer86
04-23-2002, 03:07 PM
LOL at cphil :D

Micromag man!
04-23-2002, 03:10 PM
well if thinking of a bolt as a penis helps... then HEY!.. whatever flips ur cookie...:confused:

mattyfatty182
04-23-2002, 03:17 PM
Do you think before you post? Or just type whatever.....

Micromag man!
04-23-2002, 09:19 PM
i just type.... y?

M-a-s-sDriver
04-24-2002, 12:21 AM
My RT breaks noticably more paint with the Long-nose bolt than the short nose. Looking into the breech, you can see the LN bolt protruding into the feed neck, where I think balls tend to hang up. Also, I have a theory that with a normal powerfeed, and high rates of fire, it helps to have the blowback to ram the next ball into the breech. That is, afterall, why it is there. A player on our team had his RT Warped, and it would not feed at all. I swapped his LN bolt with a another players Short bolt and cured both there problems, because the shorty was in a classic feed style, and when he got low on paint, he would chop because of the blowback up the tube.
Brent Jackson, PFB.

Buckwheat
04-24-2002, 06:01 PM
How long are the long and short bolts? Can you tell which one you have by measureing it?

fearc7
04-25-2002, 07:25 AM
when did longnose bolts start coming standard on mags?

Micromag man!
04-25-2002, 10:12 AM
o.... so basicly if u have a standard feed go with a long neck but if u have a power feed avoid long nose?

cphilip
04-25-2002, 11:26 AM
Not exactly. Many people have no trouble at all with them in Power feeds. I don't since I switched to the plastic nubbins. And it's all they come with now is Long Nosed. Been so for a little more than a year. It's realy the collar of the bolt that is longer. It goes all the way up level with the nose of the bolt. It used to stop a little short. Pictures of the two of them around here somewhere sitting side by side exist if you want to search for them.