PDA

View Full Version : Automags.org t-shirts!

liigod
04-22-2002, 11:25 PM
hey guys i went ahead and set up a cafe express AO t-shirt and shtuff site. Go ahead and order t shirts mugs whatever. I make NO money off of this so dont bother complaining TOO much ;) I know they are pretty basic now... but look GOOD :D Ifyou have GFX you want on them, send them to me and ill put a new product in the store! So crank up those photoshop skills... hey tom... how about a contest for the best AO tshirt design... ill give the requirements and put it up and the winner gets a free shirt :p
Anyway guys.. heres the link http://www.cafepress.com/cp/store/store.aspx?storeid=automags

MAKE NEW PIX FOR STUFF! SEND EM TO ME!

liigod
04-22-2002, 11:25 PM
and easier link to remember is....

www.cafepress.com/automags

liigod
04-22-2002, 11:26 PM
heres an AO visor

liigod
04-22-2002, 11:27 PM
an AO t-shirt

Croix71
04-22-2002, 11:31 PM
nice! :D

Clare
04-22-2002, 11:32 PM
I'll definitely be ordering a couple of things :D

liigod
04-22-2002, 11:35 PM
actually CaPoEiRa i put one thing in there just for u. LOL. go read the description of the Ladies Tank Top. yea thats right i have taken some Capoeira classes before. Made me so damned sore. And im flexable. i can stick both feet behind my head :eek: . The most fun was the instructors name was cassio, and his capoeira name was Huh. Or frog in brazillian. So whenever he woudl talk to us wed be like "Huh... what did u say huh... huh? Huh? Huh? :-D good times.

Clare
04-22-2002, 11:40 PM
Heyyyyy that's cool, I didn't see that the first time around. lol :D

Snooky
04-22-2002, 11:55 PM
one sugestion would to make the ao on the t-shirt much larger. but otherwise keep up good work.

liigod
04-23-2002, 12:00 AM
its large on the back... is that ok? how about a REALLY big automags.org thing on the back? But if more people agree with you... ill do a BIG AO logo on the front of the t shirt.

liigod
04-23-2002, 12:09 AM
yea i made a NEW back for it, which is bigger and nicer i think.

liigod
04-23-2002, 12:25 AM
BWAHAHAHAHAHA, its sooo cool. THe first shirt i sell, is a baby doll t-shirt with MY face on it. Not an ao logo, but MY face. I didnt know i was so attractive.LOL. Now i just gotta figure out who did it... and eat them and take their shirt.

PS. Im just kidding, i know im not vision of beauty, but it IS true that that is the first shirt i sold.

Xzion
04-23-2002, 12:47 AM
Pretty nice looking stuff, I think I'd have trimmed around the logo though, so its not in that big black box, doesn't look right when on the white t-shirt and whatnot, would give it a much cleaner look IMO :)

shartley
04-23-2002, 04:34 AM
Good luck.. I would not buy any.

If you notice, the larger images are blurry even at web resolution… this will only be magnified at full print. Sorry. I tried to warn you in my other posts about it… but you did not listen. I would take some time and create a good looking design instead of just slapping some “web res” cut and paste graphics on items… THEN announce the opening of the store. I am sure Tom gave you the go-ahead to use the Logo (I have not read any other threads yet, but assume he did.) but find it hard to believe that he would actully approve THOSE shirts.. sorry... again.

However, as I stated before in my other post, you prove that some people on AO will buy anything…. and go crazy over anything as long as it says AGD or AO on it.:rolleyes:

Oh, and wouldn’t this now be classified as either a Classified Post or Dealer Post?

dansim
04-23-2002, 06:26 AM
well i dont see anything that cosmetically wrong with them...

synreal
04-23-2002, 06:51 AM
images at a web resolution are 72dpi (dots per inch) most printed items in the real world look kinda bad until the image quality is at least double if not triple that.

the image from the header of this site can be used to make a very nice silk screen, if you keep its total printed height to about .4 inches. any larger than that and the resulting product will contain an image that looks muddy and heavily pixelated in real life.

a valid concept, sure, but one that should be reworked before it is released to the public.

to give you a better idea of what Shartley and I are talking about the image below is the SMALLEST you can effectively use to produce a 1" by 2" image on a shirt, hat, mug, etc... that won't look like garbage. if you want a bigger image on the shirt, you need to get a better image to use.

http://www.synreal.net/stuff/1x2.gif

your best bet (if you have permission to resell Tom's logo like this) is to create a vector version of the logo and go from there. have fun and good luck.

liigod
04-23-2002, 07:41 AM
A. The immages are rounded on the edges
B. These are DEFNIATELY not final, im asking for immages to put on them. You guy sound like u know what your doing, so how about u make some immages.

synreal
04-23-2002, 07:53 AM
is this a for profit venture? both Shartley and I are professional designers with full time jobs (read, really busy people).

creating a usable image would take quiet a bit of time and resources away from either of us, that i personally don't have right now. like i said, your best bet is to create a vector based image if your goal is printing on clothing.

also has tom okayed the use of the logo for sale on non-agd created merchandise?

spazzed
04-23-2002, 08:15 AM
Go here: http://www.gimp.org
It's an image manipulation progrm (ie. it lets you play with pictures) It might let you do what you need, haven't used it in a while, so I'm not sure.

BTAutoMag
04-23-2002, 09:45 AM
i like that girls shirt... the explination is that i may get on chicks boobs after all:D

liigod
04-23-2002, 03:48 PM
Nope, not for profit. I these are all wholesale prices to this website, so i make nothing, the only people who make anything is the website who hosts it, which im not affiliated with.

liigod
04-23-2002, 03:50 PM
also i already asked, and tom okayed me using the logo

liigod
04-23-2002, 04:09 PM
I just got permission to ues the picture of tom with a penguin, and its been updated with a cleaner version of it, a well as now costs 14.99(wholesale) rather than 99.99. :cool:

wes
04-23-2002, 08:14 PM
teehee thats cuu... anyways the baseball shirts look kinda like jersays! anyways id buy some boxers with the AO logo on em!

BTAutoMag
04-23-2002, 08:28 PM
can you make something with the patch design on it?

Potatoboy
04-23-2002, 08:53 PM
Alright, the picture didn't update, that's still the old version.

And for that last time it isn't potatoman, it's Potatoboy!

liigod
04-23-2002, 10:06 PM
haha, ok, ill change that, and ill update your name, thanks.

Where is the patch logo?

shartley
04-24-2002, 04:20 AM
I would ASK for permission to use the patch design....

although it uses standard AO and AGD owned things, how it is "designed" (or put together) is the property of the Patch Designer. And I can tell you that if I made the patch and was making money off of it (even a small amount) I would NOT allow you to use it on the shirts, mugs, etc... Sorry.

Again, they MIGHT, but you should ask first.

It just seems like you are doing this all backwards. No offense is intended, but you should come up with your OWN designs, and make sure they are of QUALITY, and then put them on the stuff.... not the other way around. This is the problem with making things TOO easy to do…..

irbodden
04-24-2002, 05:15 AM
Why do you even bother.. :rolleyes:

BTAutoMag
04-24-2002, 06:38 AM
i would agree with shartlys really short post:D

liigod
04-24-2002, 05:15 PM
if you have constructive coments then please, make them. If you dont, then dont coment no one is asking u to buy them or even help design them. i was trying to make a community project, that way we can all come closer to a design that everbody likes, if i just make one then its not going to be anywhere NEAR something that everyone likes. Im not getting paid for this, so i dont need to defend the idea, its just simply something for people who asked for them.