PDA

View Full Version : Best Paint Breaking...

veritas
04-23-2002, 06:13 AM
Just a thought...About a week before i was gonna play, i went out to a paintball store and bought a nice new case of Marbz...I have always considered it the best paint i have ever put through my mag...The stuff never breaks...This past sunday not only did i have like 15 breaks, they were all breach breaks, right at the bolt...causing me to have to quit cause i couldn't shoot through em' cause they wouldn't even feed...I thought it was a bolt problem becuase i thought, it can't be the marbz...! So i did a "bounce test" and they were either breaking on the first bounce or the second bounce...So i knew it wasn't the bolt(Hopefully!) and realized if the paint was breaking after only bounce then it would prolly be breaking that much easier at point of impact with the bolt...Just for peace of mind, i put my foamieless bolt back in and boxed my ANS. I mean what em' i gonna do, ask to do a bounce test in the store i bought the paint from, even though he's an hour away from me and i was real pissed off...

The thing that perplexes me is that i gave a bag of this crap to my friend running an angel and he didn't break a ball for two games...So i got some pro-ball ...cleaned my gun up and went into my backyard and shot through a hopper while running and jumping and bouncing the gun all over the place and not one break...I feel a little better, but i have been getting alot of bad paint lately, and with this gun i have hardly ever had to worry about paint problems...

Anyone else experienced this with their so-called, "best paint"...and had someone elses' gun fire it fine...

Sorry for the rant...

Veritas

FeelTheRT
04-23-2002, 12:36 PM
two words..

foamie bolt

Jonno06
04-23-2002, 12:41 PM
yea,get foamie....

also,the best paint is that new lightning,and severe....and anarchy....

veritas
04-23-2002, 01:02 PM
Ok...but what foamie...I have the ANS Venturi bolt with the foamie but i sneakingly don't think thats what u mean...?The superbolt...?

SqueegeeKid
04-23-2002, 01:49 PM
I got a case a few weeks ago, forget the brand, and it was nasty!! I was just filling my pods up and dropped a ball from about 3 inches and it exploded! Happened a few times before i got em all filled. I'm a clusmy b@#^^d.

veritas
04-23-2002, 02:05 PM
Which Bolt...?

Jonno06
04-23-2002, 02:37 PM
ANS bolt is like downgrading.,..put the stock bolt in,and put a faomie on it..ANS mag parts suck...imo

veritas
04-23-2002, 03:26 PM
So your saying pu the stock long nose foamieless bolt in...and then put a foamie on it...??

a_malfunction
04-23-2002, 03:30 PM
No, AGD makes an extended foamie bolt. It is the best bolt you can get for a mag. The superbolt has too many problems to be considered a good product.

hitech
04-23-2002, 05:46 PM
Follow this link and you might find the answer to your paint breaking problems:

http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=32839

Ter-Me-Nate
04-24-2002, 11:57 AM
just to let you know, about a month ago i bought some marbs that had been at the shop for about 3 or 4 months. the shot awsome threw my f1-illustrator, 2 weeks ago me and my friends went to a shop and bought 10 case of marbs for a big game we were having, plus we got a discount, and they were no more than a couple of weeks old, and the shot like ****,, breaking in the barrel like crazy, in every gun we have, i think we got a bad batch or somthing,,

and i have heard other places of this happing latley
may be a quality control issue,,,,