PDA

View Full Version : Using male Palmer Stabilizer Reg with N2---shootdown or better consistency/accuracy?

ScoobYSnax
04-23-2002, 09:34 AM
I was thinking of possibly getting a male palmer stabilizer reg for my mag. I would regulate the incoming pressure to around 800. Would this give me much more consistent shots? (+/- 3 at the chrono)? Or would this lead to shootdown problems? Or would it simply provide practically no consistency improvement? Let me know, thanks!

FrAuStY
04-23-2002, 10:04 AM
If you are already running a N2 tank which should be regulated to 800 psi +/- 50 psi.. the AIR valve on your mag regulates that 800 psi down to about 375-400 psi. You wouldn't need a stabalizer.. that just another reg to have to wait to re-charge. Think of it like this... the air.. is a train.. the macro-lines/hoses are the tracks. Each regulator is a train station. Why would you want to put more stops on the train track? To make everyone impatient? Get the idea? :) The answer to your question is.. no. Now if you ran CO2 yes a palmers stabilizer would be good. it's keep the reg in the gun from getting pressure spikes due to temp changes at the bottle.

hitech
04-23-2002, 10:09 AM
Originally posted by ScoobYSnax
I was thinking of possibly getting a male palmer stabilizer reg for my mag. I would regulate the incoming pressure to around 800. Would this give me much more consistent shots? (+/- 3 at the chrono)? Or would this lead to shootdown problems? Or would it simply provide practically no consistency improvement? Let me know, thanks!

It is unlikely to help at all, and likely to hurt. Regulators work best in sets of 2. This is because as the input to a reg. goes up, the output goes down. 2 regs. in series work together to provide more consistant pressure than one (or three).
The third reg. ends up just being a flow restriction.

dropkick1
04-23-2002, 10:10 AM
some people have different opinions, but my friend runs one on his 68 classic and he just opens the mag valve all th way and makes major adjustments from the stabilizer and minor adjustments form the mag valve. he get +-3 when he used it, but now he has an emag.

ken

krafty
04-23-2002, 11:27 AM
You could bypass the mag valve and use the Stabilizer as your final regulator... but 3 regs would be overkill, and probably cause some major shoot-down.

Nitroduck
04-23-2002, 12:53 PM
I used a palmers ONCE on my mag with n2.......... that was the only time i used it and will ever use one.