PDA

View Full Version : new gun, air leaking out back

fetus.zip
04-23-2002, 01:19 PM
I just bought an Automag 68 classic off of ebay and whenever I got it and put my tank in the ASA air leaked out of the back. I know absolutely nothing about mags so any help on solving this problem would be gladly accepted.

FrAuStY
04-23-2002, 02:43 PM
First what you would need to do is take the internals out of the gun. Carfully unscrew the back half of the internals out of the front half. Thats the Regulator (Learning something :) ) there should be a yellowish seal on that.. check to make sure is not dirty or scratched maybe even cracked. Refer to this thread Reg Seat good vs Bad (http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=7291)
That should help you determine if its the problem. You may be able to clean it and get it to work.. If it doesn't work after replacing and lightly lubing this seal, I'd order a rebuild kit from agd for like 15$. Gives you all o-rings you'd need to rebuild it. Other than that if you can't get it working.. call agd's tech support line. You can find it on Airgun.com (www.Airgun.com).
Also make sure the velocity adjuster (allen hole at end of gun) isn't tightened all the way in..this could cause the guns built-in pressure safety to leak excess pressure out.

BradPalooza
04-23-2002, 03:40 PM
Make sure you disconnect your air source first.
-Brad

fetus.zip
04-23-2002, 05:30 PM
:confused: Sounds a little too complicated for my lack of experience, I know I sound retarded, but I think I'm just gonna take it to the local field. Better safe than sorry..

banzaimf
04-24-2002, 12:20 PM
if air is leaking out the hole in the back of the gun, turn it out till is stops. The valve in the back of the mag has a blowoff feature at high psi. Please note, do not turn down your tank if that's adjustable, you want your tank to run between 700 and 1000 into the mag.

banzaimf

if you have any other questions you can IM me at banzaimf on AIM and MSN Messenger

fetus.zip
04-24-2002, 01:22 PM
Ok thanks:), I think I'll try that soon.

MrMag
04-24-2002, 05:40 PM
just let the air go until it stops, if it stops after a lil while, then the pressure is too high. u can buy an automag video at agd.

Load SM5
04-24-2002, 10:01 PM
He does'nt have to buy one. He can call and register his gun by giving them the valve number and they'll send him one for free.

fetus.zip
04-25-2002, 02:34 PM
Ok,I registered on their site www.airgun.com but I saw nothing about getting the free video....Do they automatically send it to you or what?

Load SM5
04-25-2002, 05:26 PM
You may want to call them tomorrow during business hours and check. I think you have to request it. It's been a while since I've ordered one.

fetus.zip
04-25-2002, 09:11 PM
Thanks, Good idea:)