PDA

View Full Version : How can I (a newb) go about getting on a pball team?

ScoobYSnax
04-23-2002, 07:54 PM
I'm a newb pballer (played about 4 times) with a mag setup. I love pball and plan on playing at least once a week during the summer. I want to get on a team or possibly start one up, but being a newb, I doubt anyone will take me up. So, I come to you guys. What is your advice in me joining/creating a team? What sort of people/players shouuld I look for? Do I want friends or good players? Any opinions/suggestions are welcome, thanks!

AssassN
04-23-2002, 07:58 PM
Get better so ur not a n00b and then join;) I just started my own :D

marley618
04-23-2002, 08:00 PM
It's best, in my opinion, to make a team of your friends that are good at paintball. That way everyone works good together and gets along, and you won't suck.

RT_Luver
04-23-2002, 08:04 PM
I had started playin pb by myself and all my friends were OOOOH!!! I wanna play and they all got guns and we played each other, then got a lil bigger and started playin w/ people at my church tehn went to our local file once we learned about it. since we were good friends and pretty good we made our own team and since I had been playin the most, MOST( 5/6 ) of our team wanted me to be the "leader" so I am. we named our team Internal Contamination. can u guess why? one of our team mates dad works at a nuclear fuel place and can get us stickers that says that so we could be like here, have a sticker and maybe ppl would be like WOO KEWL they have their OWN stickers, they must be good. I know we sound like dorks but its all in fun and aint that what the games about, lol.

Jonno06
04-23-2002, 08:05 PM
yea,start with your friends,or find some people off AO in your area,and play with them....

Mav D MagMan
04-23-2002, 08:05 PM
Ok I'll give you my advice:

Play for a whole lot longer than four times. Even if you do plan on playing all summer you do need experience before you should start investing in what it would take to play on a team.

Another benefit of playing for a while longer is you will make friends who live around you, play at the same places, share playing styles, and who would eventually be interested in taking the game up to the next level.

So in conclusion, get a few more games (or even at least a year) before you make a commitment like that because that is what it is, a commitment.

FooTemps
04-23-2002, 08:34 PM
Either play alot or get good fast! lol

but seriously... You should get more experience or get on a team with your friends.

hitmanng
04-24-2002, 10:15 PM
This depends on your area but at least here in northern Indiana there are always teams looking for new players. They have try outs a lot. You just need to find them. Hang out at the field and get to know the local scene. In Indiana we have a players league that has forty some teams. I just got on the website and started talking to people. I was going to play on a team this year but all the games are on Sundays which I find very uncool.
hitmanng

PsychoMag
04-25-2002, 01:06 PM
there are alot of teams around me who like to take on younger/newer players to mold them to fit their team.

where you from?

FeelTheRT
04-25-2002, 03:09 PM
get some game and teams will come