PDA

View Full Version : Few questions about an older Minimag

Rifter
04-24-2002, 01:19 AM
I picked up a Minimag about 4 years ago, and just finally got back into playing. I remember back then, I was told to get a freeflow or reactor valve. I just wanted to see if that was still the thing, or if something new has popped up. I have a stock gun, at this point. I was thinking about getting a filter for it, and not sure what else I should look at. This is for rec play, and I don't want to put too much more into it. Thanks!

Load SM5
04-24-2002, 06:41 AM
Have you tried gassing it up yet? It may be absolutely fine like it is. Worse case scenario you may have to replace some o-rings or seals. I would'nt worry about aftermarket valves, they tend to do very little except eat your money.

The best upgrade you can get for your mag is a nitro tank. All the money and effort it would take to get your mini to run well off of CO2 and you could have a nice preset nitro tank. Get at least a 68/3000. You'll also wasnt a motorized hopper like a 12 volt revolution to keep the mini feed reliably and possibly a better barrel depending on the type of paint you shoot.

You should be good to go at that point. You can buy upgrades as you see fit after that. Welcome back.

Rifter
04-24-2002, 10:51 AM
It had only been used twice, so it was still in good condition. I have put about a case and a half of paintballs through it, and only broken about 2. This last weekend, I didn't break any. It is in good shape, and yes, I did pick up a motorized hopper. I forgot about that one. :-) I would like to pick up a HP system, but they are a little over my budget right now.

athomas
04-24-2002, 11:33 AM
Does the valve have the older style on/off top or the new style. If it is the older style, get a new on/off top for a couple of dollars from AGD. Other than that, no upgrades are needed.

As soon as you can afford it, do get a compressed air bottle. You'll be amazed at the performace improvement.

Rifter
04-24-2002, 12:07 PM
I THINK it is the older on/off valve. I was told at a big game that I needed a new one. So, I guess I will order a new one. :-) I have fired a cocker with compressed air, and I admit, I REALLY like it.

krafty
04-24-2002, 12:08 PM
There may still be a filter in the gun... If the original vertical ASA hoses are intact, the filter may still be in the 90-degree elbow at the valve. If not, I wouldn't worry too much about it. Skip the reactor valve, change any o-rings that are bad, and gas'er up!