PDA

View Full Version : why does a boomstick make this sound

Ter-Me-Nate
04-24-2002, 09:45 AM
ive noticed that when a guy i play with shots at me, it makes this killer sound when its cutting through the air,
"""its kinda scary, hehe""" lets just say u know to put your head down, he uses an ans cocker w/tit. boomstick
no one else's seems to make that sound, i also noticed that
he let another guy use one of his boomstick barrels on his cocker and the next game his sounded the same way so

is it the barrel spinnig the ball or somthing, or
just the cocker, boomstick combination causing this, and when he uses his all american barrel he loses the sound effect.

but i have not noticed this from an other barrel or gun on my field so any insight would be good,

MantisMag
04-24-2002, 09:59 AM
what kind of sound? nobody can say anything without knowing what sort of sound you're talking about.

Ter-Me-Nate
04-24-2002, 10:19 AM
its like a spudding sound , i cant really name it its like

basicly

not just a sheeeuuuu sound more like a spuddering sound

man this is making me feel stuid lol

HoppysMag
04-24-2002, 10:21 AM
you sure it just aint the sound of a paintball wizzing past you? if its a seperate sound you probibly hearing all the cockers moving parts or sumthing... cause my mag will make a Ping type sound every once in a while...

Ter-Me-Nate
04-24-2002, 11:36 AM
it is the sound of the paintball coming buy, thats what im talking about. it makes a diff sound when it comes buy, than when a paintball is shot from another gun

is it the boomstick

or the cocker

or the cocker and the boomstick together

HoppysMag
04-24-2002, 12:07 PM
o i donno. I don’t know what it could be but I don’t doubt you…. It seems the different sounds arnt normally projected to far.

spazzed
04-24-2002, 12:39 PM
You sure you're not just imagining things? What kind of paint were they shooting? It could have been that.

MantisMag
04-24-2002, 12:52 PM
did it make a *fwup* sound? is that what you mean? instead of the whistling *sheeeeuuuu* sound. don't have any ideas as to why. just trying to figure out what sound it could've been. :)

joker4hire
04-24-2002, 01:15 PM
its like a damn loud butterfly passing by your ears at 300fps right?

Well.. at least thats the sound my armson barrel makes when my friends shoot it from behind me.. actually, my friends dragon barrel makes the exact same sound when shot from behind me... always causes me to duck and see what the hell is back there :eek:

FordPrefect
04-24-2002, 04:07 PM
Originally posted by joker4hire
its like a damn loud butterfly passing by your ears at 300fps right?

Well, that is different. Haven't had that one ever..:)