PDA

View Full Version : Warp Mounting Plate needs to be changed

RATM
04-24-2002, 04:36 PM
I just got a Z-grip, and was psyched about slapping it on my Mag. But after putting it on, I find I have some problems. First one, Warp is so far forward now, I can't use a foregrip. That plain sucks. And because of that I can't put a gas through grip on my marker, so I have to run macroline straight from my drop to the valve. But I use a PMI drop and because of how far forward it is the length is greater than 12" and I have yet to see a store which carries macroline in greater than a foot sections. So now I have to buy a new drop which doesn't extend as far. Except I still have the same problem of not being able to use a foregrip with the Warp. If AGD had a Warp Adaptor that went straight out rather than forward at an angle, the hose wouldn't get in the way. I can see how it's not that big of a deal since they don't even make Z-grips anymore, but if they're gonna start another run of em, they might want to consider us Warped, Z-gripped, Mag users and possibly release a straight Warp Adaptor plate. That's just my 2 cents.

theraidenproject
04-24-2002, 04:42 PM
did you try putting the warp plate on flipped, so your warp will be behind the bottom of the z? just a thought.

RATM
04-24-2002, 04:45 PM
Originally posted by theraidenproject
did you try putting the warp plate on flipped, so your warp will be behind the bottom of the z? just a thought.
In fact I did try that. Problem with that is because of it's angle, my tank can't be screwed in. I also tried flipping the Dropforward and having it backwards. Won't screw in either. And I guess I could put the warp on the right but that really would not be a good setup for a right handed shooter. I'm probably just gonna end up buying a Chrome CP Flame Drop and ASA. Still kind of a bummer though.

Evil Bob
04-24-2002, 04:49 PM
See my thread regarding modifying the Warp Feed mounting bracket here (http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=11992) . Lots of picts to show the difference and how to modify it yourself.

-Evil Bob

Tunaman
04-24-2002, 05:24 PM
Just drill another hole in the warp plate and quit cryin'!:D :D

RATM
04-24-2002, 05:26 PM
Originally posted by Tunaman
Just drill another hole in the warp plate and quit cryin'!:D :D
Wasn't crying. Was trying to make a suggestion of possibly thinking about a better Warp Plate design.

toymyster
04-24-2002, 05:51 PM
The warp bracket was design to fit most setups, if you don't like it, get yourself a piece of same thickness aluminum plate, and make a bracket that fits your exact need!!! I had to do that because I like wearing the tank a bit further forwad than the stock bracket allows!!!

virus
04-24-2002, 06:05 PM
also the PTP plate has alot more adjustment options.... though weather it is worth $35 is still up in the air....

all i know i have a Z with forgrip (on extender) and warp and actally like how compact everything is.... through on my 8.5" barrel and the whole thing as about 14" long if that (the back of my tank is even with the back of the marker to boot)

dropkick1
04-24-2002, 09:21 PM
as for the foregrip, all u need is a KAPP foregrip extender to use the foregrip.

ken

alf
04-24-2002, 09:41 PM
a kapp foregrip extender will work, but you have to mill out a section of it to fit by the z grip...i happen to have a chrome one for sale, $20, if you want it...

i also had the same problem with the z grip/macro...i went with a 14" length of SS hose...that solved my problem...however, you may want to get in touch with tunaman here...he has parker macroline (which is the best) in 100000000' lengths :)

take a look at evil bob's post on modifying the warp bracket, so that it sticks out 90* instead of forwards or backwards...

i also have pics of how i drilled my revvy so that the warp hose passes through the revvy...although its not as nicely done as blackvcg's (search for his pics too), it works...

email me for pics, if you wanna see my setup.

-alf

dogEmedic
04-25-2002, 06:12 AM
Countypaintball.com sells macroline by the foot, I think they only have it in black.

cphilip
04-25-2002, 06:18 AM
I remember a while back we suggested to Tom that on the next run he put a sloted cured long hole in them to allow for this. I think he was considering it. Maybe not time for another run of them yet.