PDA

View Full Version : elctro Q?

alex1841
04-24-2002, 04:56 PM
ok, pretty soon im probably going to get an electro marker, ive got it dow to where its either an Emag, an impulse, a shocker, or an angel. and now if you would please tell me the accuracy, consistency, and the quality of each marker.

alex

AssassN
04-24-2002, 05:13 PM
I shot a shocker last weekend if u want a feel for it click ur mouse button thats about what it is like.... mabye a tad shorter. I guess all elctros are like that. Correct me if i am wrong.

hitech
04-24-2002, 05:19 PM
I would get an emag. The simplicity and reliability of a 'mag, a magnetic trigger and most importantly a manual override switch. If the electronics ever fail (dead battery) you will hardly loose a beat even during a fire fight! :D

alex1841
04-24-2002, 05:27 PM
thanks but still would like to have the info about te guns

MrMag
04-24-2002, 05:37 PM
my opinion:

shocker and impulse r the same, and r not nearly as good as an emag or angel. emag is great, but odesnt have full auto where as angel does. emag can be run in manual, angels look cool.

i would get an emag, cause they r a hell of a lot cheaper, and perform just as well if not better

MrShutter
04-24-2002, 05:39 PM
I would go with the Shocker or Impy....almost as good as the EMag and Angel but for about half the price....

toymyster
04-24-2002, 05:43 PM
Hitech has a great point about the magnetic trigger and manual override!!! The rest of the guns out there make due with a microswitch, and microswitches will fail!!! Also my E-mag is always within 2fps of where I set it, extremely easy to maintain, and ridiculously fast!!! The trigger is fully adjustable, so you can set it for what you like!!! I'm not going to knock any of your other choices, they're all good guns, IMHO, however, the E-mag is a cut above the rest!!

alex1841
04-24-2002, 07:50 PM
thanks, now i have a better understanding of where all these guns lay out.

theraidenproject
04-24-2002, 07:54 PM
you can get used emags for $600 and up, so I reccomend that. I've shot them before, and they are NIIIIICE. trigger was actually too fast for me (well before I got kind of used to it), i accidentally shot my bunker a few times, because i barely touched the trigger.

Nitroduck
04-24-2002, 08:12 PM
Out of those 4....I'd say Emag or Angel.....I hate Smart Parts.

May I also sugguest......

Intimidators
and Bushmasters.

Both are other great electros for the $500-$600 range.

Vegeta
04-24-2002, 08:21 PM
Good staement. Microswithes fail. Its like.. i got this CD player, and I use the skip buttons alot (nto as much as u would with a marker) and now I have to press them really hard to get any respose.. or sometiems hold them.. Same with like a TV remote.. i had this old TV, about 1982ish... and hte remote Channel Up button was used so much it was kinda flimsy.

pip_999
04-24-2002, 08:42 PM
[ i got this CD player, and I use the skip buttons alot (nto as much as u would with a marker) and now I have to press them really hard to get any respose.. or sometiems hold them[/B][/QUOTE]
sounds like you should invest in a new cd player man

but seriously
shocker or e-mag

big woop, oo the angel can go fully auto, yeah they are great guns, but give me one time when u would ACTUALY NEED fully auto

banzaimf
04-25-2002, 01:14 PM
Originally posted by pip_999
[B... but give me one time when u would ACTUALY NEED fully auto [/B]

Well... After I get the Super secret government set up, I will have my alien allies attack. At that point, only a properly sized ball gelatin encapsulated Hydrochloro(wait.. I can't tell you what till kill my minions!) will kill them.

Seriously though. Check around and see if you can test shoot any of the guns you are looking at. I have known Emag guys find that they had too many problems for them and go to the angel. I have known angel guys that wanted to hit what they were aiming at and went to the autococker. I have known everybody to upgrade from a shocker or impy to an angel or emag :-) ok... not everybody. But many people do go from those guns to angels.

Check around and do some test shooting. I got a micro-e you can test shoot if you are in Seattle

banzaimf

Creative Mayhem
04-25-2002, 02:09 PM
I have played with shockers,impulses,angels, bushies, and emags.
If you like mouse fart triggers go for the angel, if you like the point and click method choose the shocker/impulse, if you want a gun with a trigger pull, go for the bushy or the emag. The emag has an actual trigger pull, where as the bushy has a simulated pull. I own an angel and it shoots straight, quiet, depending on the barrel and not too bad on gas. The only draw backs are the inability, to switch to manual, and the recharge rate. Emags take care of both of these problems. There is a thread talking about the recharge rate between the tao of them and the Emag always came out on top. I like my angel don't get me wrong but only because I don't have an Emag....... YET :D I hope this helped.

Creative Mayhem

alex1841
04-25-2002, 02:54 PM
ok ive got a prety good idea on what gun im gonna get. i have some cousins up in seattle but i live in Columbus, GA but i play up in Senoia a lot.

Cliffio
04-25-2002, 03:09 PM
Originally posted by pip_999
big woop, oo the angel can go fully auto, yeah they are great guns, but give me one time when u would ACTUALY NEED fully auto

ok smart guy, you wanna talk like that? whens the last time you "forgot" to charge your gun? never! any responsible paintball player cleans then charges his gun after each use, so that puts manuel mode into the same catagory as full auto, pretty useless unless you just feel like using it

but on a side note, angel full auto is capped at like 9 pbs or 10 bps, i believe, and hell i can shoot faster than that anyways

its gonna be more personal choice than anything else, is you like the impulse, buy it, cant go wrong with the vision eye and maxflo vert reg.
angels on the other hand can get quite expensive, but these are by far my fav. guns, ive had 4 and loved each one, never had ANY type of problems with them, and now ive got this emag, which i really dont like, and selling to to buy another angel. so its all in the owners preference

Cliff