PDA

View Full Version : brand new minimag owner with a question

magatron
04-24-2002, 06:20 PM
i just bought my first mag today, a minimag, along with a smartparts progressive barrel, a blue flame drop forward, blue kapp on/off asa, a gadget grip and a blur revi.

unfortinatly the n2 tank didnt get rang in and i ended up spending my money on a proteus mask. i was wondering, would i be able to use Co2 on it? would it need to be anti-siphoned? and how much would an anti-siphon run me?

Aliens-8-MyDad
04-24-2002, 06:41 PM
first, welcome.. next, n2 is the way to go but if you cant get it now and you HAVE to use co2 then antisiphon would help but still wouldnt make your mag run nearly as well as it would on n2. me? id just save up for a nitro tank an skip a week or 2 of playing

magatron
04-24-2002, 06:54 PM
i was just wondering cause i wanna play with my new toy and co2's are realtivly cheap.

is there any way i could do a pint job on my new toy cheaply? i was thinking of cuting out some form of tribal design in some tagboard abd spraypaint it on in blue with some black backroundin there. and ideas on a better way to do this? would spraypaint work on there?

Load SM5
04-24-2002, 07:24 PM
First...."Welcome"

Second since you have a mini I'd run your CO2 from the vertical adapter (tank stright up in front of your grip). That should help keep CO2 out, without having to buy an anti-syphon kit, and should hold you until you get nitro.

Also any paint job you do yourself will most likely scratch right off and look like poop after a day of play, unless you wrap your gun in bubble wrap. You also don't want paint collecting between the mainbody and the body rail, as that could throw off tolerances. If your looking to change the color of your gun you'll need to look at getting it powdercoated. It's not very expensive and will last longer. But I would recommend saving the money you would spend on cosmetic changes and save them towards something more important such as a nitro tank.

soilent green
04-24-2002, 07:59 PM
anti siphon + expansion chamber will help but you could get away with nothing don't paint get it powder coated its easy and safe to run CO2 right off the vert. adpt. I've done it works fine

LittMag
04-24-2002, 10:31 PM
This is the setup I run off of my minimag, I have no problems with it...

http://www.seas.upenn.edu/~litton/images/paintball/littsmini.jpg

basically it's a regular CO2 tank w/ a expansion chamber

Rocp15126
04-24-2002, 10:56 PM
I run the same basic set up as LittMag and I have had no problems with mine.

Minimag
KC Hotshot Expansion Chamber
Dye SS barrel
Pump kit
Bottom line

Croix71
04-24-2002, 11:33 PM
Welcome to AO and enjoy your stay! :D

There lot's of different options. CO2 with antisiphon, remote line, or expansion chamber etc. Thing is these options will cost extra money and change the look of your set up. Though it won't cost as much as a nitro tank. :D

magatron
04-25-2002, 01:13 PM
i guess i'll just wait till i get my taxes back(damnYou irs wheres my money!!) and grab a nice new fiberwraped tank, but i got a few questions if i can get answered i'd realy be thankful.
1)what it the smallest possable tank i can get? i wanna have a smaller profile if possable as to why i'll be getting a warpfeed with my taxes as well.
2)what size tank should i look into if i wanna get at least 600-1200shots out of?

3) what tank would you guys sugguest for around the price of 150-200? i dont want to get an adjustable tank being as i just bought a 30dollar on/off asa and a 30dollar flame dropforwarp and all my stuff if looking nice.

4) where can i get my marker body poweder coated? and howmuch will it run me for 1 or 2 colors?

HoppysMag
04-25-2002, 02:58 PM
cheapest tank is a 47 CI 3000 PSI, but you wont get 600+ shots from it. if its 3000PSI you will get 470 shots.

A fiberglass 45cc 4500psi tank is a good compact high pressure tank but i dont know cost. get around 650 out of it.

SlipknotX556
04-25-2002, 03:03 PM
Welcome.

magatron
04-25-2002, 03:27 PM
thanx, ppl respond to stuff on here fast, pritty cool.
to get more shots, do wanna look for a larger tank like 88ci, or do i want higher psi, like 45k?

WickeDKlowN
04-25-2002, 04:13 PM
First off, welcome to AO :)

Second, Redrider87 does powder coating, and ive herd that hes pretty good. get a screw-in 68ci 4500psi N2 tank, like Crossfire, or System X, the Center Flag Hyperflow 420's are pretty good too.

rjvemt1
04-25-2002, 04:17 PM
most fields offer free n2 (atleast in my experience) so unless your throwing 450+ balls in rec ball or playing tournys i wouldnt worry my 3k hyperfloy fiber wrap does just fine on my mag.

Croix71
04-25-2002, 04:31 PM
Originally posted by rjvemt1
most fields offer free n2 (atleast in my experience) so unless your throwing 450+ balls in rec ball or playing tournys i wouldnt worry my 3k hyperfloy fiber wrap does just fine on my mag.

Check the field you play on. If they provide free n2, GREAT! If not, you'll be paying for several fills everytime you play. Then after a while you'll be irratated at paying for the n2 and you'll end up buying one of those big tanks (I have no clue how big those things are) so you can fill the tanks yourself and for friends to save money. :D

magatron
04-25-2002, 04:48 PM
both feilds i play at(gateway paintball in STL and wacky warriors in wentzville) have n2 available and i could just get allday air for 5 bucks so thats no trouble, i just dont realy wanna hafta refill my tank after every 2 game, with my old gun, which was electronic, i could get out around200-500 rounds using burst or full auto fire. i normally play in open play recball but plan on getting a team assembaled in the near future to play turnys. how big would you guys say a 47ci is? does the psi realy make any differance?

RATM
04-25-2002, 04:53 PM
47 ci is small but ok. PSI does make a difference. If you have a 3000 psi tank, multiply your tank's ci by 10 (ie 47 x 10=470) and that's how many shots you will get off of it. For 4500 PSI multiply your ci by 15.

magatron
04-26-2002, 12:18 AM
cool, hay ratm, i remeber seeing you on the kingmanusa forums, i was engalxxx.
wow thanx for answering all my questions so far

soilent green
04-26-2002, 06:57 AM
do a search for powder coating on here and get a 68/4500 crossfire

magatron
04-26-2002, 08:36 AM
ok, 2 last questions, where or how could i get my hands on a z-grip or are they discontinued forever?
will they ever make a z-model of the intelis?

soilent green
04-26-2002, 09:27 AM
a few store still have Z's in stock but if you do a search you will see that AGD is planing to make an intelli Z hopefully soon