PDA

View Full Version : Raven mask questions

Yudanja
04-25-2002, 10:35 AM
Ok, looking at a new mask. Boiled it down to proteus, raven and dye invision. I dont really like the way the dye ones feel. Havent tried on the proteus. But i have tried and love the raven nuvis 2.0 mask =)

Browsing sites for them, came across paintballwizard.com who says they are discontinued by the manufacturer. I emailed raven, no reply yet.

My question is: anyone have any insight why they might be d/c'd? *If* they even are.

Thanks Guys!

Scorch
04-25-2002, 11:28 AM
Close fit... excellent vision. Worked great.

I have seen stores virtually dumping them for less than $30!

Scorch

Yudanja
04-25-2002, 11:29 AM
no way 30 bucks =) hehe

Im just concerned that I'm gonna buy the mask and they are gonna d/c it and lenses are gonna be hard to find and such.

RTPro M4H
04-25-2002, 12:40 PM
I've been searching around the web trying to find the same mask myself...if you come across any would you post the URL here? I'll do the same if I find one.

Thanks
M4H

Puddleglum
04-25-2002, 01:09 PM
Awsome mask, and I doubt that you will want to replace the lenses. (Because they are photochromatic.) I think the reason that they might be disc. is because Kingman is manufacturing the masks now. I would avoid the JaVa if at all possible. But I love my 2.0 and would strongly reccomend one.

virus
04-25-2002, 01:10 PM
from what i understand... the nuvis-1 2.0 will be d/c-ed.... and a new model will be coming out... that sadly wont have clip strap.... thats the part i love the most about them too....

pip_999
04-25-2002, 01:18 PM
nuvis's work great

fearc7
04-25-2002, 01:43 PM
paintballgear.com still has nuvis goggles but im not sure whether they are 2.0's or not.

Psychedelic
08-01-2002, 11:06 PM
They have a new model out. It is softer for more bounces and the lenses are a little bit larger so you can see up further. You can check them out on www.ravenusa.com
I am actually looking for a pair of Nuvis' right now and I am looking for places I would be able to find replacement lenses because I live in Canada and don't want to have to order from the states all the time.