PDA

View Full Version : Extreme Speedball

Hemlock86
04-25-2002, 11:11 AM
At the feild i play at, we norammly play 4-6 games of speedball in between our wooded-ball games. The only thing is, is that everyone who's paintballing there plays. So the teams are usually about 15 vs 15!!! Everyone starts behind the rear bunker(big spool) but sometimes there isnt enough room for everyone, so usually 2-3 guys start out in the open :/

Anyway, once the game starts, lile 10 people are shot out emediately! But its still very intense and crazy...It actually kind of sux becasue there are tooooo many people and its hard to get better. But its still fun! Nothing like 10 people spraying at you as you run to a bunker...hahaha

peace

Smokee_2_7
04-25-2002, 11:31 AM
I can relate to that one. At the field i used to work at back home, we would do that with private groups as the last game of the day. We would cram 10 on 10 or so on a 3 man speedball field. After GO! was shouted, it was quite funny. Actuallyl got to play in one game like that, too. Interesting experience.

synreal
04-25-2002, 11:38 AM
at one of the local fields around here, there is a field called "jimmyball", it was the first field set up by the owner of the place (james) out of random garbage he found on the property (spools, tires, rope, ...stuff) the field is maybe big enough for a 5 on 5 game.

last weekend we didn't touch the field all day (too many people), but when it came time for the last game of the day, the refs thought a game of jimmyball was in order.

we lined up roughly 35-40 on 35-40 and when the horn blew everythought it necessary to use the grenades and smoke bombs they failed to use earlier in the day ;)

it was out and out caranage for a good 10-15 minutes, after the fact, we worked out the math to about 6 players per bunker on the entire field.

Hemlock86
04-25-2002, 02:07 PM
Its fun sometimes, but every weekend sux :/

Creative Mayhem
04-25-2002, 02:28 PM
I have one for you, the field I used to ref at was an indoor field approx. 20000 sq ft. There was an opening in the center of the field. When I say opening, it is a stretch. It's approx. 20-25 ft wide and 70 ft long. I know not too bad, but add 30 people and voila! Instant chaos! What a mess! I loved it, only cause I wasn't in it! People getting stitched at close range, cowering in the smallest possible corner and being taken out in a blink of an eye. Nice.

Creative Mayhem

Croix71
04-25-2002, 02:36 PM
Dang that's got to be a heck of a lot of paint flying with so many people in such a small field. :D

Hemlock86
04-25-2002, 02:45 PM
On saturday this guy ran to the diagnol spool from us...and amazingly we all missed(about 10 ppl spraying at him). After about a minute he popped his head out and a WALL of paint went his way....hahahha, Id say atleast 10 people shot at him at once...just laying paint, It was so cool looking! But unfortunatly he only popped out for about a secound and got cover again, and we all missed. then he tagged me in the thigh a few mintes after that, arrrrrr, that stung! :)

Oh yeah, Obsolete got shot in the peepee the next game after that, hehehehe.

peace

boss_automager
04-25-2002, 03:05 PM
I on a five man speedball field one time we had a couple players from the Jacksonville warriors mixed with about 30 on each side.Carnage.I hit at least 6 people.:cool: