PDA

View Full Version : Mag Cocker Hybrid?

SkElL~ObIsSiS
04-25-2002, 01:24 PM
Hey peeps i just saw a Mag/Cocker hybrid on pb nation im not sure how it works tho and was wondering if anyone had any insight on how it would.... it has a cocker slide trigger, 3 way, and a ram. He calims a 1.4 mm trigger pull also. All mounted like you would see on a cocker with a front block.... it just baffles me because I have thought about how to do something like that myself. i have extensive acces to a machine shop and doing this project wouldnt be out of my reach if i could just figure it out, any input would be great thanks. here is a link to the post it has pix of the whole deal

Cocker/Mag hybrid (http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=17876)

FrAuStY
04-25-2002, 01:43 PM
Links?? Pictures??... I don't see how this would work..

Cha0tic
04-25-2002, 04:08 PM
punisher does them...hes here on the boards....

anthraxxx
04-25-2002, 04:12 PM
check this guys site out http://airsoldier.com/~punisher/gallery.html and start scrolling down...till you come to the mag/cocker monster

he may have been the one who created the gun you saw listed. i don't know how cockers work to appreciate the benefits or lack there of for a cocker front block to be mounted on a mag but he did it. have to admit though, looks really cool!!!

a_malfunction
04-25-2002, 04:21 PM
He is coming out with another version that uses the shocktech bomb 3 way and a hinge frame. He said that the trigger pull will be less than 1 millimeter!

SkElL~ObIsSiS
04-25-2002, 05:38 PM
OK i think i know how he he has it setup. the reg on the front of the gun regulates the pressure to the ram (inside the grip frame?) wich pumps the sear. getting the correct length for this might be tough. timing it might be horrible also...

the air flow would go throught this patern....(i think)

from the tank to the front block, one stream goes to the AIR valve the other into the reg, from the reg to the 3 way from there one stream to the ram .....wich pumps the sear. When u pull the trigger it would move the sear via the ram, letting go of the bolt and activating the on/of pin. After the shot the on/off pin would push the sear back into place.... but where does the other line from the 3 way go... the front one is supplying air in from the reg, one is traveling to the ram...what happenes with the third one. I dont exactly know how a ram works so thats my problem at the moment, can anyone enlighten me?

thank you
tony

SkElL~ObIsSiS
04-29-2002, 07:46 AM
the hardest thing would be finding the right spot to mill out on the grip and rail, also conecting the ram rod to the sear keeping in mind it has to move a precise distance to have good cycling time. The rest is just linking up hoses and stuff....

blackmag3
04-29-2002, 08:14 PM
just curious , why would anyone bother to mix a cocker with a mag? to me it sounds like an over complicated way to kill a lot of time. any benefits to having a marker setup that way?