PDA

View Full Version : Punishers Cocker/Mag hybrid?

SkElL~ObIsSiS
04-25-2002, 05:54 PM
Punisher makes a really awsome Cocker/Mag hybrid and I was just wondering if im completly off on how he did it. Here are its specs: it has a cocker sliding trigger, v1 has a trigger pull of 1.4 mm, it has a front block with a reg and 3 way, and it has a ram that pumps the sear. this is my brainstorm on how I think it works.

The air flow would go throught this pattern....(i think)

From the tank thrught bottom of the front block, one stream goes to the A.I.R. valve the other into the reg, from the reg to the 3 way from there one stream to the ram .....wich pumps the sear. When u pull the trigger it would move the sear via the ram, letting go of the bolt and activating the on/of pin. After the shot the on/off pin would push the sear back into place.... but where does the other line from the 3 way go... the front one is supplying air in from the reg, one is traveling to the ram...what happenes with the third one. I dont exactly know how a ram works so thats my problem at the moment, can anyone enlighten me? Getting the correct link for sear/ram might be tough. timing it might be horrible also...

Links to the thread on pbnation.com
Punisher's Cocker/Mag hybrid (http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=17876)

thank you
tony

kilaueakid
04-27-2002, 01:30 AM
I am not sure about where the 3rd line goes....maybe to bring the ram back to original position.

I think he should have used the ram to control the bolt speed instead of actuating the sear. The trigger part of the mag could have been left alone and operate normally. Maybe one would be able to control bolt speeds by connecting the rod to the bolt. Adjust bolt speed with ram input pressure. Just a thought. ;)

FreshmanBob
04-27-2002, 03:07 PM
ask him! :)

Vegeta
04-27-2002, 08:29 PM
Yes, the 3rd hose from the 3 way is to run the ram back to its starting position. Notice there are two hoses going itno the ram on the 3rd pic :).

I do think it would be a good idea to use a ram to control bolt speed. Maybe just run a hose from one end, and then to a reg. Then when the bolt moves forward, it pushes the ram which compresses air in the back of the ram, like a bike tire pump. This air is passed along a tube to a regulator, where only a bit is let out at a time. So the bolt would move forward, compressing air, until it would sit comfortably on air buildup in the ram. Then the spring could push it back.

Thats just one idea. There are many many possibilities.

kilaueakid
04-27-2002, 10:41 PM
Bingo Vegeta!!! ;)

Also, bolt speed should be able to be adjusted by input pressure into the ram. Turn ram input pressure up to slow down bolt speed down for really fragile paint and you could basically turn ram input pressure down to 0 psi for harder paint and have it operate as normal.

User adjustable cycle speed to maximize rate of fire vs. barrel breaks. A very nice feature :D !

Kila