PDA

View Full Version : Question about hpa

POOoOoOPs
04-25-2002, 07:36 PM
Have a question about hpa. They have a 48 ci tank for 79 dollars and I think I might get it. The only problem im running into is I play in the woods a lot with about 10-15 people and well im wondering how many shots I will be able to get out with a mag. My friend who plays a lot insists that I should be able to shoot a hell of a lot more paint and it should last all day. Anyone know if this is true or not. I was kind of hopeing to get a 68 ci tank or higher but there so much more expensive :( Any opinions on this also if you know any good prices on these tanks online please post them. One more thing what should put off more shots nitrogen or compressed air.

Cliffio
04-25-2002, 07:41 PM
47s arent that big, i would suggest a 68

Cliff

theraidenproject
04-25-2002, 07:44 PM
You can get used 68ci/3k tanks on here for $100, check the classified forums. I bought a brand new crossfire one for my friend, from jimmyjobob. You'll get about 480 (a rough estimate is 10x the ci for 3l tanks and 15x the psi of a 4.5k tank) from a 48. I have an 88/45, so I never need to worry about running out of air. I'm pretty sure that, as far as paintball goes, CA and N2 are the same thing and function the same (because there's enough nitrogen in the atmosphere, that the differences between the two is neglible for paintball).

pip_999
04-25-2002, 07:49 PM
this is a rough estimate

but yeah go with a 68

AssassN
04-25-2002, 09:48 PM
lol put those tanks on a Freeflow and see what it says using 35psi ;)

soilent green
04-26-2002, 08:58 AM
I get 600 shots with a 68/3000 47 is way to small and the media used to fill the tank will give the same # of shots wether it nitro or air their very similar air got alot of N2 in it

polorboy
04-26-2002, 09:09 AM
In case you don't know (plus I didn't really read the other posts) Nitro and Compressed Air are the same thing.

bsolomon
04-26-2002, 02:29 PM
Hey, pip_999, how about a source for that fabulous chart! LOL

I'm just glad someone found it useful enough to paste into another thread.

cphilip
04-26-2002, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by AssassN
lol put those tanks on a Freeflow and see what it says using 35psi ;)

That is the operating pressure. That has nothing to do with the "volume" of air used per cycle of the marker. That marker may indeed use less total volume but input pressure is not one of the mathmatical points in his calculation. So his calculation does not take into effect the markers volume that is why it's an estimate only.

Now you and I know full and well that you ment to imply a marker operating at 35 psi input or operating pressure will use markedly less volume of air per shot. That is not so and flat wrong. Some may be less but not by that exageration. Some may actualy be more!

FatMan
04-26-2002, 02:52 PM
I haven't got hard data for you, but my experience is that neither a 47 nor a 68 will last you "all day" unless you really don't shoot much. My son has a Mag with a 47 and I have a Mag with a 68 - we've had 'em for years and we play a lot, so I have pretty good experience here.

I have never found the 47 to be too small for a game, and usually its good for a couple games (again, depends how much you shoot). The 68 might be good for a 3rd game. Now, if I was playing in tourneys or scenarios, then I would want to carry more air because I will almost certainly shoot more paint. In that case I would tend to avoid a 47 going with a 68, unless I was playing back on a 10-man team then I might do a 114.

For most of your recreational needs, though, I think a 47 is probably fine - but you WILL need to be able to refill. If your field has N2 fills for a decent price that's no problem. We play at our own field - so we usually have scuba tanks. Scuba is a great way to do refills on a small private field. I have been to fields where they charge the same to fill a 47 as a 68 as a 114 - and obviously in that case you want the larger tank (or a field with a more resonable operator).

Now, if you regularly lay down 600-800 rounds a game, you want to seriously consider a larger tank. Even so, you should be able to find a 68 with a fixed output reg for under $200 - heck probably for under $150.

FatMan

RT pRo AuToMaG
04-26-2002, 03:46 PM
I'll sell you my 68 3000psi crossfire tank for $60 if you want it. The 45's are too small if you want it to last a while.

POOoOoOPs
04-26-2002, 06:36 PM
Im intrested. Whats your email? Im it to me if ya want, or better yet do you have aol im?