PDA

View Full Version : NJ, PA and Lower NYers

Blazingace
04-26-2002, 02:01 PM
Hello,

I have some vague information to pass onto you. This info is sketchy at best, but from a reliable source.

There is a place near Newark airport called Rexplex. It is a giant recreational facility. Some of the guys that I work with are joining a roller hockey league there. I will also be playing with them. When we went over there the first time I was talking with the Hockey director. I mentioned that this huge facility, which has indoor hockey, soccer, basketball and skate park would be perfect for paintball.

On my last visit to Rexplex he showed me a flyer for an indoor paintball tournament on July 8th. To be played on 2 Sup' Air fields. It might be a 5 man 7 min tourney with Impulses and other high end stuff as prizes. The catch is the 400 dollar team entry fee. This to me is a little high, but that is not the issue right now. A large Indoor Sup' air field in New Jersey would be great. I work at Newark Airport and this would be perfect for me.

I may have more info forthcoming as the season for my roller league kicks off. Thank you for your time and no this is not a shameless plug for someplace just letting you guys know of a possible tourney in Jersey.

Joel

Croix71
04-26-2002, 02:12 PM
Whoa! I never played in a tourney before but is $400 the avg entrance fee for tournies per team? That's $60-80 per person (5-7 team). :eek:

govnamac
04-26-2002, 02:17 PM
I was there once. It would be perfect for a tournament. Its really easy to get to and is massive.

Stewylouie
04-26-2002, 03:59 PM
I found their website

www.rexplex.com

I've never been there, but from the site the place looks amazing. No mention of paintball on the site ... yet that is.

oldsoldier
04-26-2002, 04:01 PM
I am definitely interested in playing...I like playing indoors...you dont have to worry about wind or weather. Any chance he will open it up for weekend use?

Medusa RTD
04-26-2002, 04:13 PM
I go to school at NJIT and it would be nice to have a feild near class. Please post if you get more info.

Blazingace
04-26-2002, 09:49 PM
I don't know much and what I do know I wrote already. I will try to get more info the next time I go there. I chaecked the website too and nothing yet. As I said my info is a little vague but that is about 5 min. from where I work and that would be great. I am sure it will be open weekends, that is when they get most of thier business. I am hoping it will be open on week nights also. When I find out more I will let all of you know.

SlipknotX556
04-26-2002, 10:45 PM
I used to live near nework airport, well not reall it was about an hours drive to get their. Well anyway when I did live in NY I always watched the planes take off from IKEA!!! That place is so cool and its so dam BIG! I also took off from Nework airport to visit my new home on May 22nd 2001. Which I now live in Jupiter, Flordia.