PDA

View Full Version : Check out my gun (pics!!)

theraidenproject
04-26-2002, 05:44 PM
Well, I've changed a lot on my gun, and I wanted to show it off (im joking here, sorry if that wasnt evident, im not good at showing tone in type). I added a warp, warp body, iFrame, dzII, tyson machado carved, angled ASA, stainless braided w/ q/d. can't wait to take it to the field on Sunday. gotta give props where they're due. thanks to tunaman for the gun, donggie for the warp, tank, and iFrame, danielgleason for the warp body, minimagster for the drop and q/d, and tysonmachado for carving and angling the ASA. I dont really see any upgrades from here, except cosmetics. It will eventually be all clear/chrome. I know you're going to say "GO retro! are you kidding? no performance upgrades?" My response would be, If i saved up $200 for a retro, it wouldnt take much more to save a little bit more, sell this and buy an emag. Anyway, here are the pics:

theraidenproject
04-26-2002, 05:45 PM
other side

theraidenproject
04-26-2002, 05:45 PM
front view

theraidenproject
04-26-2002, 05:47 PM
close up of ASA. i didnt take out my protractor yet, but my guesstimate is about 20*

Croix71
04-26-2002, 07:17 PM
Looks good to me! :D

Hope it performs well for ya this Sunday.

AngelBoy
04-26-2002, 07:18 PM
Very very nice marker ya got there. I would put a hyperframe on there though, incredibly sweet pull. At least I didnt say to go retro;)

MagMan5446
04-26-2002, 07:23 PM
Get rid of that ugly ASA!

FrAuStY
04-26-2002, 07:34 PM
Nice looking mag... I like mine better :P lol j/k.. if its a mag..its beautiful :)

thecavemankevin
04-26-2002, 07:34 PM
it's kinda cool, but what on your gun is tyson machado carved? Didnt see anything carved.

keiphers
04-26-2002, 08:09 PM
Thats a very sweet Mag. Caveman, the ASA was carved. You notice how it rounds in on both sides. I can't wait for my setup to be complete. It'll have Retro, Intelliframe (Warp and Revvie intellifed), Warp, Shocktech drop, Flatline tank, 10in Freak, chrome Warp body (only powerfeed left chrome), white powdercoat (on body, Freak tip, ASA, and body rail). But, thats one great Mag. I know you don't want me to say it, but I still will. Go Retro. My Mag shoots around 16bps. Its got a pro modified on/off and sear. With the Retro, I can find a sweet spot, and do 10 shot bursts at 16bps. Its soo awesome.

paintbattler
04-26-2002, 09:41 PM
Originally posted by MagMan5446
Get rid of that ugly ASA!
thats really nice! lol but IT IS TRUE

paintbattler
04-26-2002, 09:41 PM
nice mag BTW

BTAutoMag
04-26-2002, 09:52 PM
looking good but not my style

a_malfunction
04-27-2002, 12:29 AM
You dont need that extra bit of SS hose sticking up. I would go with a shorter hose.

Krazy Ivan
04-27-2002, 12:52 AM
I like the fact that it's an angled ASA, however not too big on the look of it. Anyone have suggestions on where I could get one, just not as fugly. Sorry bro but it is pretty bad looking. :(

KamikazeChiKenz
04-27-2002, 08:45 AM
Yeah I would like to know where you got the angled asa

theraidenproject
04-27-2002, 01:12 PM
:( i like the ASA. Maybe you just have to see it in real life. I sent in a black, straight ASA to tysonmachado, and he made it 20* and polished. about the SS, that was just the length that came with the dzII i got from minimagster. I'll get around to getting a shorter one later, but its not high on my list of priorities.

einhander619
04-27-2002, 01:27 PM
dingopaintball.com makes a 15* angled ASA, but ask around first, I've heard a lot of people complaining about service, quality, etc.

pip_999
04-27-2002, 01:59 PM
yeah its a nice mag
but your just on here to gloat
no im not flaming you i just dont think that you should be saying stuff like "dont tell me to go retro, cause i think for an extra 200 i can get an e-mag and sell this"

cause sorry man i highly doubt you can
nice mag (dont like the asa tho)

Doobie
04-27-2002, 02:22 PM
You should take the plunge and drill the revy to run the warp hose through it. It would bring the revy closer to the gun and slim down the profile from the front. Very nice mag. I like...I like a lot!
:D

theraidenproject
04-27-2002, 02:33 PM
-i didnt say for my mag +200 i could get an emag, i said if i could save up $200 for retro, it wanted take me much to save up another 200 or so (because im bad at savign money, if i could get to 200, i could get a lot more). and when i said i wanted to show it off, im just joking around. sorry if that wasnt evident, you cant really express tone in type. thanks for the compliments, though
-i didnt drill the revvy yet, because im going to get a clear shell, and i think it would be easier to sell or trade my black shell, if it isnt drilled

shartley
04-27-2002, 04:34 PM
Nice base marker… but I have to agree with those that say to shorten the SS Hose and I don’t care much for the angled ASA either.

But it is not MY marker. :D I am sure you enjoy it as it is.... some color might spice it up a bit as well.

theraidenproject
04-27-2002, 06:16 PM
oh yea. I only got the ASA angled because my foregrip is too long w/ the dzII. also, now I can get my whole hand around the grip instead of just my four fingers + my thumb straight up. If you dont like the look, give it a chance, its very comfy. Also, like I said before, the SS is only that long because I paid $60 for a dzII, ASA, SS hose and q/d. Getting shorter hose wasn't an option. I'm getting shorter hose soon, but, ive only had all this stuff put together since yesterday.

Quiet
04-27-2002, 07:45 PM
One word.....Nice!

Hope it works as good as it looks

SiLeNt X
04-28-2002, 11:57 AM
I like it! what kind of barrel is that? it looks sorta like a cp but it doesnt have the milling in front

theraidenproject
04-28-2002, 07:14 PM
Thanks. its a dye 10" Stainless Steel. I like it, but some think it's heavy. Just got back from playing with it. Lots of complements on the gun (even from anti-mag, cocker shooters) and explained the warp to a few people. It was great, once I got some problems resolved. In transit, the switch in my intelliframe had moved, so when I pulled the trigger, it would only spin a quarter turn, thus, I would outshoot it, and chop balls. Also, my nVader goggles were completely fogged. Both of these problems were solved at lunch. I took off my stickies, put the switch back in place, and I won a pair of thermal/anti-fog spectra goggles in a raffle. After that, my gun performed great. The warp is, in one word, amazing. Also, my dzII is perfect for my tank, unlike my old dye d/f that practically the whole tank sticking out the back. Also, I have a question. I was talking to a ref about the warp. He said he had an agd warp on his emag, but after one day, he "smashed it with a hammer" because it couldnt keep up with the emag's rate of fire. He then said he bought a PTP warp, and it doesnt skip a beat with his dark angel. He said this is because the PTP's have better motors. My first question is, do PTPs indeed have better motors? Secondly, how could his agd warp not keep up with his emag? I've seen plenty that could? Thanks for reading, and sorry for the long post.

SiLeNt X
04-28-2002, 07:51 PM
o I see now .what was wrong with his warp is that he lied to you :rolleyes:

Python14
04-28-2002, 07:59 PM
Hey man, nice mag. Whered you get the warp body? I'd love to get one for my mag

theraidenproject
04-28-2002, 08:57 PM
I traded my polished powerfeed hopper left body to danielgleason for his black warp left body. You can go to the classifieds, the AGD store (store.airgun.com), or i think they have warp bodys @ http://www.geocities.com/dariel4g67/AirGunDesignsSpringSpectacular.html