PDA

View Full Version : Accuracy by volume?????

Phantom_Allstar
04-26-2002, 05:52 PM
Whats the deal here?? I am a stock class player.
I don`t get it!
I`v only been on AO for about 2 weeks but I am seeing alot of people (on AO and on the field)that say things like "accuracy by volume is the only true way to get eliminations" and "I just spray and pray"
I don`t understand why it seems like everyone just points and sprays untill they hit someone.....I know that I play dif. game than mose people becuse I use a pump but I`m geting just as many kills and helping my team just as much if not more than the guy with the $1000 angel in the stand up on my right(and no I`m not geting eliminated in the first 2-3 min. of a game nor am I playing woods, all speed ball/hyperball)......why do people need 15 bps let alone 18 or even 20???
On a skill level I know that if I`m geting just as many eliminations as that guy in the stand up then I must have more skill right?
And even on a cost of play level I pay
$10 for field fees
$1 for co2 or less
$15 for paint ...marbs
and what about the guns?
I have a very nice Phantom
$220 new
$60 in up grades not just stuff to get my gun so I can play with it but things like clear pump handel and clear ball feed

and that guy in the standup payed what
$10 for field fees
$1-5 for his air fill
$60-100 for paint or more
and
$800 for a used electro
$60 drop foward
$80 reg.
$150 for a used HPA tank?
thats crazy. now I`m not saying everyone should go out and buy pumps, but what hapined?

Can anyone help me understand?

Kris
sorry I had to edit , if you want to know who I play with
then click the link and read the last reply I made.
www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=33377&perpage=30&pagenumber=2

this is that I play with

AllAmericanMag
04-26-2002, 05:55 PM
Well....my Shocker only does 11 bps...so I'm ok, right? :D

HoppysMag
04-26-2002, 06:06 PM
my pumps broken...:D

Fred
04-26-2002, 06:11 PM
Don't let it get you down dude, I know exactly what you mean...

Nice Phantoms btw... really pretty.

here's Mine: The UnderDogg by Punisher.
It's a work in progres...

http://pumpplayers.netfirms.com/phog/phoggallery/UnderDogg1.JPG

TheBigRaguPB4L
04-26-2002, 06:33 PM
well it's all the type of game you play. Do you play tourney's or do you just play rec/speedball? If you just go to the walk-on speedball field, then yeah, you mighht do just as good as any other guy. You go against some decent teams with those angels, i don't think you'll get very far. Some big part of strategy is shooting enough paint to keep the person in their bunker. Believe me, i agree with you. I am a back player and i still don't really lay paint down like i should. But anywho, wanna sell one of those phantoms?

FeelTheRT
04-26-2002, 06:34 PM
cuz tourny paintball is no longer guys in camo running around in the woods. It all requires high ROF and all the accuracy the gun can achieve.

RT_Luver
04-26-2002, 06:48 PM
I just like to shoot:D

AngelBoy
04-26-2002, 07:11 PM
What do you not like more when you pop out of a bunker:

1. Seeing one paintball go by your head.

2. Seeing 18 paintballs go by your head.

Another reason is hitting people on the run, another is if you play back, you must lay down paint, paint, and more paint. The guy in the right stand up behind you might be getting less eliminations, but he might be opening up lanes for you or your teamates to run/shoot through. If you are snap shooting, you don't have time to aim, you pop out and shoot then get back in, its gonna be hard to hit someone with one shot everytime you pop out.

-§on-
04-26-2002, 09:15 PM
Originally posted by AllAmericanMag
Well....my Shocker only does 11 bps...so I'm ok, right? :D

Yeah, Thats what my shocker can do. I can approve of the accuracy by volume. Thats how I play...Some people don't like the fact I play like that, hey if they don't like it, I got some anal lint.

~Backdraft~
04-26-2002, 09:52 PM
Originally posted by -§on-
hey if they don't like it, I got some anal lint.

Anal lint?..WTF? lol. Anyway, I have no problem w/ accuracy by volume. Sometimes ya just get trigger happy ya know? :D One drawback from this philosophy...it costs $$$!!

than205
04-27-2002, 12:19 AM
Maybe to a certain degree, we (and maybe paintball manufacturers) are worried your right. I agree that it does take more skill to shoot with a pump. I just have fun the way I play. Isn't that the point? Besides we're all big boys and girls, and if people decide they can't afford it anymore then things will change. Like the price of paint will go back up....

Maui PFB
04-27-2002, 01:03 AM
The 2 things I need for a great day of paintball. Play with the stock class more. But for tourney MM516 takes the field to woop woop!!

Snooky
04-27-2002, 03:53 AM
cuz tourny paintball is no longer guys in camo running around in the woods. It all requires high ROF and all the accuracy the gun can achieve.

my thoughts too.

Croix71
04-27-2002, 08:53 AM
Originally posted by Phantom_Allstar
why do people need 15 bps let alone 18 or even 20???

`cuz it's fun! :D Albeit more expensive.

Honestly paintball is simulated war games and as such to get closer to the real thing we have semi and full auto on our markers. Besides, I'm sure the marketers and retailers love us for shooting so much paint.

RT pRo AuToMaG
04-27-2002, 01:39 PM
why have one shot one kill? did you take a break from paintball for a couple of years? it's simple, if you can afford 2000+ rds of paint a day, spray and pray. if you are cheap, or if you can't afford it, take your time and get the perfect shot. It always seems that people with the less expensive guns are complaining about the ROF, spray and pray, electro markers, ect. if you can't keep up, go back to the woods.

Stewylouie
04-27-2002, 02:00 PM
Phantom, I agree with you that nothing gives me more satisfaction than one shot one kill. Unfortunately, that philosophy doesn't apply well to today's faster paced game.

Sure, back in high school when I started playing (circa 1990) the games were longer, were solely in the woods and the name of the game was to sneak around and wait for your shot. And to be sure, it was fun as hell.

Today however, for the most part, the games go alot faster and are out of the woods.

The sneaking around one shot one kill philosphy doesn't work on a speedball course (which I love), unless of course you got someone in the back laying enough cover fire to keep your opponents down while you can advance.

If you play mainly rec games, in the woods and you count success by number of kills, then a pump gun can be just as sucessful as a semi. However, the ability to lay down cover fire and to be honest, the pure intimidation factor of laying down a long quick series of shots makes a semi a much more versatile marker.

That is not to say I'm an advocate of spray and pray. There are times when one needs to lay down a ton of paint and times when you need to aim and work on a single shot. A good player knows which situation he is in.

slayer
04-27-2002, 02:31 PM
Originally posted by AngelBoy

I don't much care about either, I am worried about the one paintball that hits my mask :).

Although, I totally agree about chopping a runner down. If you can sweet spot the runner, and put down enough paint, they can't run through it:).

einhander619
04-27-2002, 03:01 PM
It really is what position you play, whether or not ROF is a big deal. When I play back, I might need to keep 3 guys bunkered simultaneously, and my RT shines! Ripping 13 shot strings feels great, too! However, while they're all bunkered, my friend with a phantom can sneak up and do the one shot kill thing! It's all relative.

Phantom_Allstar
04-27-2002, 03:38 PM
Originally posted by RT pRo AuToMaG
if you are cheap, or if you can't afford it, take your time and get the perfect shot. It always seems that people with the less expensive guns are complaining about the ROF, spray and pray, electro markers, ect. if you can't keep up, go back to the woods.
I am not cheap, and I am not complaining , I just don`t understand, why would you want to have less skill?

in reply to "Stewylouie" I do not play woods, I am not the sneak around guy, I am the up front left tape guy that people think "o he`s just a pump" then they turn and I`m bunkering them or they let one of there 6 140 round guppies hange out and I shoot it.
but you did make valid pionts about cover fire and the versatality of a semi.

Originally posted by AngelBoy

I `m not afriad, like slayer said "I don't much care about either, I am worried about the one paintball that hits my mask"
well thats the guy with the pump that just put one shot on your mask.

thank you for your input

kris

HoppysMag
04-27-2002, 04:35 PM
dude u have your way w have ours..... you dont get the thrill of lighting someone up on a run by bunker manuver, hiting them 8 times for they know what happened, with a pump.....( unless youv been practicing pumping at home...that was a attempt at a sick joke )

leave our way of playing alone and we will leave your way alone....

and skill has nothing to do with how much paint you shoot.

Phantom_Allstar
04-27-2002, 04:50 PM
Originally posted by HoppysMag
dude u have your way w have ours.....
leave our way of playing alone and we will leave your way alone....

and skill has nothing to do with how much paint you shoot.

I am not talkin sh*t about the spray and pray method of geting people out.
I am just trying to understand.

and skill has everything to do with it.

HoppysMag
04-27-2002, 05:06 PM
skill has nothing to do with BPS.

$150 for a used HPA tank?
thats crazy. now I`m not saying everyone should go out and buy pumps, but what hapined?

the game evolved. people moved on from nelsons and pgp's. believe me im as disgusted as you when i see first timers with shockers and nitro.....i remember when we would play and 200 balls could last you like 2 days of playing.... i started with a pump. and i was good with my pump. but i moved on to better compete with others. a kid i know pinned me down with his shocker.. There was nothing i could do.. Stick my gun out shoot and jump back in to repump. with my mag i can jump out and mess the little mofo up..... its done and over with. if you don’t like spray and pray, take out your auto trigger, drop that co2 tank in your pic, and play stock class..... iv played 2 years with a pump 2 with a vm68 so don’t go giving me a speal on rof. iv said all i need to say..... i shouldn’t have to defend my way of playing......if you want to make an attempt at a rebuttal, PM me....

JRSJKD
04-27-2002, 11:22 PM
Your really comparing apples and oranges here. Stock games and tourney style/speedball/hyperball/whatever are two completely different animals. To say that it takes more skill to play with a pump is like saying it takes more skill to eat an apple. It doesn't take more skill, just a different approach. Try eating the orange, and see if your opinion doesn't change :D

BTAutoMag
04-27-2002, 11:32 PM
i can lay down enough cover fire to give enough time for even the slowest 400lb man to walk to the next bunker but when i want to eliminate someone all i need is 2 shots.

RT pRo AuToMaG
04-27-2002, 11:49 PM
Originally posted by Phantom_Allstar

I am not cheap, and I am not complaining , I just don`t understand, why would you want to have less skill?

Are you implying that everyone that playes with accuracy by volume has less skill then you? Do you see Cris Lasoya(sp?) with a stock/pump class gun? the answer is no. so are you saying you are better then all of the top pro teams because you can get some n00bs out during a walk-on game? evoloution is nessicary, or thus be eliminated. it's not our problem/concern that you can't afford a marker that'll shoot 13bps. spray and pray works for me, and the day it fails, that'll be the day i stop. I know ppl like you. always the people that think they're better then everyone. walk out on the field like they own the place, trash talking to the people with angles and other high priced, high ROF markers, saying you can smoke them. Well, it's not the 80's anymore and it's not the survival game anymore. it's the sport of paintball. It doesn't matter if you win by 1 case or 1rd, winning is winning.

TheBigRaguPB4L
04-28-2002, 02:59 AM
It doesn't matter if you win by 1 case or 1rd, winning is winning.

And it's people like you that give paintball a bad name. First of all he never said he was better than every other player with a semi. He sipmly stated the truth, it takes more skill to shoot someone with a pump, when he has an angel(notice not angle) unloading a hopper in 10 secconds. If you try and say otherwise, you are a fool.

Amongst other things, he's not talking trash or saying any way of playing is better than another. He simply asked why people play the way they do. Is it really that big of a deal? I don't understand why people play for 5 hours, get one game in because they sit on 2 opposite sides of some woods and wait for the other team to come to them. Am i to be flamed because that's the way you play and it's not in conjuntion with your your game style?

it's not our problem/concern that you can't afford a marker that'll shoot 13bps

That was just a pitiful bash. Those 2 guns he's got posted must have at least cost $500 dollars. Not to mention i believe he's got more so he probably has some money to spend on this sport as most of us do. While i read your posts, i even wonder if your not some 15 year old kid that has his parents buy his paint and such. Oh well, i guess the world may never know.

Phantom_Allstar
04-28-2002, 09:29 AM
Originally posted by RT pRo AuToMaG

it's not our problem/concern that you can't afford a marker that'll shoot 13bps. I know ppl like you. always the people that think they're better then everyone. walk out on the field like they own the place, trash talking to the people with angles and other high priced, high ROF markers, saying you can smoke them. Well, it's not the 80's anymore and it's not the survival game anymore.

Well I am not some poor guy that crawled out of the woods yesterday and got scared about 18bps, and is to poor to get a new gun so I whine about everything costing two much. Here is a link so you can see the next gun I am going to buy
www.dyeprecision.com/carter_order.html

Originally posted by JRSJKD
Your really comparing apples and oranges here. Stock games and tourney style/speedball/hyperball/whatever are two completely different animals. To say that it takes more skill to play with a pump is like saying it takes more skill to eat an apple. It doesn't take more skill, just a different approach. Try eating the orange, and see if your opinion doesn't change

Well I don`t play stock class games any more becuse the only place that I could do that was in hawaii and now i live in FL, so I play speed/hyperball and I love it.
Also you think I should try eating an orange well I have owned a spyder (put about $300 into it) a spyder TL (put about $100 into it) a mini mag (put about $400 into it) a mini cocker (put about $300 into it) bought a cocker body had it custom milled then put it together from the ground up , put maby $1100 into it, then I bought a VSC Phantom then another VSC Phantom next on the list is a Carter then an extream E mag when they are available in the US.

And to finish this post I would like to say thank you to all the people that gave me valid imput.
I will not be looking at this thread any more becuse people just want to slam/bash pump play becuse they feel that I am an oldtimer(i just turned 23 today) that is scared or the high bps, and likes to talk sh*t about everyone on the field(to me this game is all about fun if I`m not having fun then there is not piont in playing...i love paintball and I had a great time yesterday playing with the Jax warriors)

kris

AllAmericanMag
04-28-2002, 10:10 AM
Originally posted by -§on-

Yeah, Thats what my shocker can do. I can approve of the accuracy by volume. Thats how I play...Some people don't like the fact I play like that, hey if they don't like it, I got some anal lint.

Shockers are the definition of "Accuracy by Volume" :D

mac2k4
04-28-2002, 10:11 AM
play in a NPPL event under novi, am, or pro, w/ your pump, and you'll find out why, its a whole different game...

HoppysMag
04-28-2002, 10:47 AM
Phantom_Allstar we arnt bashing pumps.... i love my pump and pump games... but to me and others it seems like your saying we dont have skill becuase we like to use more paint.....i personaly take that as an insult.

RT pRo AuToMaG
04-29-2002, 08:10 PM
Originally posted by TheBigRaguPB4L

And it's people like you that give paintball a bad name. First of all he never said he was better than every other player with a semi. He sipmly stated the truth, it takes more skill to shoot someone with a pump, when he has an angel(notice not angle) unloading a hopper in 10 secconds. If you try and say otherwise, you are a fool.

Amongst other things, he's not talking trash or saying any way of playing is better than another.

While i read your posts, i even wonder if your not some 15 year old kid that has his parents buy his paint and such. Oh well, i guess the world may never know.

ok, how do i give paintball a bad name? i really don't know what u r even talking about. i never said he thought he was better then every player with a semi. do you think pros that spray and pray don't have the skill of a guy using a pump? i misspelt angel, i can't spell. i'm not a fool, i'm not saying it doesn't take more skill to shoot a pump. i'm saying why sit there shooting one at a time instead of shooting 13 at a time. if you can shoot a person a ball, then he could get 13 people out at a time. i didn't say he was trash talking, i said the type of people that say they have more skill are USUALLY the ones trash talking everyone AT THE FIELD! know what **** you are talking about before you talk ****. I'd really like to see anyone with a pump try to enter a NPPL event and come back alive (or without being painted). Phantom_Allstar is is trash talking now that i think about it, saying that because we use more paint, we have less skill.

Jonno06
04-29-2002, 08:50 PM
lol,you can shoot 1 bps with a high end electro.....or you can shoot 13,your choice

RT pRo AuToMaG
04-29-2002, 09:00 PM
ok, there may be some misunderstanding here, i'm taking from a tourney/NPPL point of view. you might be talking from a rec baller's point of view. tourney and rec is like day and night. rec is the game, tourney is the sport. rec you have many different people from first timer to pro. in tourney, you have all of the levels evened out. you won't stand a chance in tourney, but in rec, i can understand beating everyone with a pump.

Jonno06
04-29-2002, 09:03 PM
the ever so famous TK quote...

"accuracy by volume,is only true way to get eliminations"

thats why he made emag.....

than205
04-29-2002, 09:24 PM
I was going to argue for the volume side. Sure it has it's place, but everyone is getting wacked out.
Tom made the Emag for a variety of reasons I'm sure.
To make a point?
To sell more markers?
For sheer enjoyment?

But the RT was already a very competent marker that still has few rivals. Maybe bells and whistles really do sell.

I believe that everyone likes to generalize. And while we're at it, here's mine.
You will either fade away to the oblivion of your glory.
Or you will end up a really old fart using a stock marker.
If you end up the old fart. You will play "once in a while". "Kids" will laugh at you. You will snicker to yourself as you gogg them. Either your a diehard or your full of it, whatever "it" is. Be it bull or energy.
I love Karma. We all get old.

Vegeta
04-29-2002, 09:51 PM
I have it written on my hopper lid...

i just think oits fun to shoot fast.. waste paint...

whats the good of money if you cant have fun spending it?

TheBigRaguPB4L
04-30-2002, 12:08 AM
I will soon be getting a pump to improve my semi skills. Does that count? Why is it that people can't have a civil conversation without getting all pissed off and flaming others? Kids these days.

personman
04-30-2002, 12:58 PM
I must admit, I couldnt dream of shooting stock class. I was playing against a phantom the other week, and its like, pop out, 1 paintball goes past your head and the guy ducks. I mean, I would stand in the middle of the field for that guy, cuz Im not afraid of 1 paintball. Its these mofo cocker shooters that shoot 15 bps that keep me in my bunker.