PDA

View Full Version : Need help with my minimag

the_evil_bill_gates
04-26-2002, 07:59 PM
I really dont know much about these guns, I'm a brand new user.

I bought the gun used.

When I put the nitro tank on the gun, after I adjusted the velosity, it seemed to work fine. But once I stopped shooting, air started leaking out of the back of the gun.

Whats the deal!?!

What coudl this be? I'm gonna double check all the O-rings and stuff... so any other possibilities?

If you could answer back ASAP I'd appreciate it, I was planning on taking it out for the first time...

keiphers
04-26-2002, 08:14 PM
Does this always happen? You could have badly short stroked it, causing air to just leak out. I'm not sure otherwise.

Blazingace
04-26-2002, 10:19 PM
Did you get a video with it? If not it maybe your regulator seat. You said you adjusted the velocity? What is it set at. The Mag has an automatic blow off it the pressure is too high. It will vent air out the back if the velocity is set too high. As for the Reg. seat make sure it is super clean and installed the right way. It should lightly snap into the reg. housing and both faces should be extremely clean. It may also be the reg. piston, if the gun is an older one like one of mine the reg. piston may need to be changed. I must order a reg piston for my gun since I believe it may be old. If you didn't get a video or a manual with the gun then head over to airgun.com and print the proper manual for the gun. The manual has great pictures and flow charts to help troubleshoot the gun. I hope this helped.

MikeCouves
04-26-2002, 10:44 PM
Yeah if you are using nitro and the shots are normal, but it seeps out the back is normally tracked down to the reg piston. Tom says if that happens you should get a new reg piston right away.