PDA

View Full Version : What does the 8 hole diamond charger do?

Supatravis
04-27-2002, 02:27 PM
I was looking at upgrades for mags and i wanted to know what the 8 hole diamond charger did excatly does it help you from short stroking or what??

BlackVCG
04-27-2002, 03:26 PM
Welcome to AO Supatravis!

First of all, the 8-hole mods do nothing for the gun. AGD spends a lot of time researching and testing their products. If 7 more holes in the regulator body would provide more air flow, they'd spend the $0.25 to drill the extra holes. Do a search on 8-hole mods and you'll get plenty of posts from other users that have bought the 8-hole mod and saw no benefits. Stick around here and we'll tell you what upgrades are good and what to stay away from.

In general, all valve upgrades except the Retro Valve are a waste of money. Just leave the valve alone and add things like Nitro, Revy, Warp Feed, barrels, Retro Valve, etc.

TheTramp
04-27-2002, 06:42 PM
They are good for something. Keeping papers sitting on you desk from blowing away when you have the window open. I'm not kidding. I've got one doing just that as I write. $40 for a shiny paper weight...super.

FreshmanBob
04-27-2002, 09:30 PM
there have been a few cases where the added holes do help (aka if you short stroke a lot) Otherwise it's a waste of money

the only internal mod i really recommend is the galactic Z on/off replacement kit

*NOTICEABLEY* lightens your trigger pull

MagNumPI
04-27-2002, 10:47 PM
I had a stock reg with one hole it shoots the first shot at 400 fps.. then the rest at 270 or so (what ever i set the velocity to) I justp pulled the reg off put in my moded reg with 5 holes and voila , it allways shoots at 270 or so... so yeah i think the 8 holes does something.

FreshmanBob
04-28-2002, 11:44 AM
thats what i was talking about, some cases it does help

you may have been just short stroking or it was just one of those mags that needs it, what will also help is one of those cut down on/off tops you can get for like 10 bucks

BlackVCG
04-28-2002, 02:08 PM
None of those parts help. The 8 hole mod. never helped a single thing. People think that 8 hole mods came out because the first Mags (serial number less than 500) did not have the air flow holes aligned from the reg. body to the valve body. AGD fixed that before 8 hole mods ever existed.

Short stroking is a mechanical user error. There isn't a single thing you can do to the gun, spare buying a Retro Valve, that will help stop short stroking.

I'm not sure if MagnumPI was trying to say that getting a first shot hot with the 8 hole mod was a good thing or if he was being sarcastic, but tell me how getting a first shot hot is a good thing? All that means is the reg. seat and valve pin weren't in alignment properly until he took the first shot.