PDA

View Full Version : Emag valve question

Steve Crush
04-27-2002, 04:25 PM
did something wrong... and now have a question. I went to take the valve out and it didn't wanna come out!! Well doing this i moved the lines that were sopposed to stay aligned. After cleaning the gun i installed everything and aired it up well since the lines wheren't aligned, the gun freaked on me. I ended up breaking the on/off pin in half. Question is this... could i have damaged the valve doin this or maybe the sylinoid?

steve

virus
04-27-2002, 05:32 PM
in general with mag valves (all types)... when you goto take the valve out most of the time you will have to pull the trigger to push the on/off pin up into the valve so that it can clear the rail......

as for you taking it apart to get it out then getting it back in one piece and putting back in to have casued the on.off pin to break.... ya got me....

Butterfingers
04-27-2002, 05:33 PM
It could have damaged the on/off top. Check for physical damage. If there is no visible damage you should be fine. Next time pull the trigger in manual mode before you pull the valave out. This resets the on/off pin.

Steve Crush
04-27-2002, 05:39 PM
the on/off in the valve, you have a small brass thing with a skinny long thing that goes in the middle of the brass thing. that broke, no big deal i am replacing it,i just want to know if the valve could be damaged.

steve

Butterfingers
04-27-2002, 06:37 PM
It should be alright. The valve is a solid chunk of stainless steel. Check that "brass thingie" for visible damage. If you dont see anything it should be ok.