PDA

View Full Version : Shatnerball roster...

MagDog68
04-27-2002, 10:05 PM
On Saturday, August 31, 2002 at Challenge Park Xtreme Chicago, the worlds largest Paintball event will take place pitting AGD's Tom Kaye against the greatest captain in Sci-Fi history, William Shatner.

****NEWS FLASH****
Anyone who is signed up for this event, please contact JJ@spplat.com and inform him that you want to be part of the AO platoon! Anyone who is registering now, please add this to the Comments field of the registration form.

http://www.automags.org/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=314607
Image By shartley

Anyone who is interested in joing us at Shatnerball 2002 should leave a post here and let us know you will be on Team AO. We will be staying at the Red Roof Inn in Joliett, Il and partying the whole weekend away!

Check Out www.SPPLAT.com for all game details!

~Fred

The list as of 5-26-02
Only registered people will be on the list. No "Maybes"

MagDog68 (That's me)
Wyn
Fred (2 of 2)
Load SM5
OnyX
Potatoboy
Synreal
Kaiser Bob
hitmang (Bringing Nick the Paintball Elf?)
vf-xx
oldsoilder
virus
Gecko
Toymyster
2000Sabre
BlueMagRT
Thordic (woo hoo!)
SprayingMango
Spacemanspiff
Riotz
Muzikman
Snooky
Rusha
meanelvis
Tack
Slapp
RobAGD (Tell Tom to make this a Classic post!)
The Frymarker
TooDamnSweet <~~~ Honorary 'Post Whore.' She's playing for Shatner though.
Hasty8
Gambit1106
datapimp69
DSMPilot

Fred
04-27-2002, 10:10 PM
Wyn is going... I'm planning on registering in the next week or so...

Rumor has it Synreal is going...

Load SM5
04-27-2002, 10:19 PM
I've been signed up for a month or so. Flying up early.

MagDog68
04-27-2002, 10:21 PM
I will be driving up on Friday from Brooklyn, NY. Does anyone need a ride?

~Fred

Potatoboy
04-27-2002, 10:21 PM
In theory Synreal and I will be there, along with a few other people probably.

OnyX
04-27-2002, 10:59 PM
I will be there.

Kaiser Bob
04-27-2002, 11:33 PM
As far as I know, Black Cell and I will also be there. Black Cell = Thordic, SprayingMango, Spacemanspiff, Riotz, JohnBMX

hitmanng
04-28-2002, 01:04 AM
I am signed up and may even come up on Wed-Sat if they plan enough fun.
Hitmanng

vf-xx
04-28-2002, 03:10 AM
I"m in. and i'm bringing a friend. (non AO, but that's ok)

FooTemps
04-28-2002, 03:13 AM
Plan? How about we don't let the game get rigged and sweep them as fast as possible?

oldsoldier
04-28-2002, 06:16 AM
I am going...still dont know about transport yet though...Mag, how far are you from central NJ?

Clare
04-28-2002, 06:19 AM
I'm not going! oh well..

virus
04-28-2002, 06:57 AM
i'll be there... only question for me now is if one of the guyz i work with is going to go also.... i figure i'll give hiiim till the end of next week.....

either way after that.. i'm makin te flight/hotel/car happen... then it will be time to just sit back and wait for the time to go =)

irbodden
04-28-2002, 09:11 AM
I'd go if I wasn't moving sometime soon :(

Gecko
04-28-2002, 10:21 AM
I'm going, registered on sat.
Magmonkey myself and some others will be flying out from MA.
Gecko

virus
04-28-2002, 10:32 AM
hmm.... maybe i'll hook up with you guyz then gecko..... what day you guyz going/coming back and where you guyz planning on stayin out there.......

toymyster
04-28-2002, 11:21 AM
Toymyster is in!! Can't keep me away from this one!!!

2000Sabre
04-28-2002, 11:44 AM
2000Sabre is in. My son and I have been signed up for a while. I plan on being there Thursday afternoon and playing at CPX Friday. We should organize a game before the big day? Who's up for it?

MagDog68
04-28-2002, 12:55 PM
Originally posted by FooTemps
Plan? How about we don't let the game get rigged and sweep them as fast as possible?

OK - this is why I think we need a plan. A lot of people here have never played scenario paintball and the experience will seem quite strange at first. The object of the game is not to eliminate your opponent through kills, but to score points by completing "missions." The best way to win a scenario game is to listen to your mission - understand your objective - and execute the plan in a way to max your points. This type of game can be won with a minimal amount of shooting, so pay attention to what your objectives are at all times!

Tom will probably go through a plan of action a little closer to game day where he will explain the way Scenario Ball works and maybe a brief storyline if JJ has it worked out. Anyone that wants more info on Scenario ball should check out Scenarionews.com (http://www.scenarionews.com/).

Gecko
04-28-2002, 01:43 PM
All of us Mass guys should get togther and plan when we are going. I was thinking of heading out wed. hitting tom for a tour on thursday play at cpx friday and then shatnerball. Magmonkey and i really havn't decided anything. Hee we can be team M*******s
Gecko

virus
04-28-2002, 01:50 PM
lol... m*******s.... i could go for that.... and those dates are about what i was thinking with a return on sunday....

would deffenitly make the hotel a little cheaper for all....

we should all meet up somewhere to discuss all this

Fred
04-28-2002, 02:48 PM
As for planning, just make sure everyone from AO has radios... i've got a pair for me and whoever else I go with (probably driving down with Wyn)... The Sonys and Motorolas are best, and work on the same channels.

I've found that radios are the best tools to have in scenarios, since communication will determine the outcome of the game, not just all the Emags the Borg will have...

---Fred

MagDog68
04-28-2002, 05:22 PM
Up

BlueMagRT
04-28-2002, 06:52 PM
I'll be there. I wouldn't wanty to miss my chance to take out the trekkie geeks and mancow mindless followers.

virus
04-28-2002, 07:35 PM
we should make up a little mini team of just Zgriped mags for a couple of missions.....

MagDog68
04-28-2002, 09:58 PM
Originally posted by virus
we should make up a little mini team of just Zgriped mags for a couple of missions.....

I could be on that team and the E-Mag team!

Thordic
04-29-2002, 10:31 AM
Just to correct Kaiser Bob, its Black Cell minus JohnBMX. He can't make it.

We'll be in the Red Roof Inn, I believe, for somethin like 3 or 4 nights. Our room shall feature many attractions for the over 21 crowd, such as Yuengling Lager, which apparently you poor midwest saps can't get. Jon is expected to come and steal all our Yuengling, so for backup maybe we'll have a keg or a pony keg depending on how many people are around.

Also, there will be a "contest" of sorts between manike and myself. I'm not at liberty to give out details, but it should be very entertaining at the least.

I'll consider myself lucky if I make it through the weekend alive.

MagDog68
04-29-2002, 10:39 AM
Originally posted by Thordic
Also, there will be a "contest" of sorts between manike and myself. I'm not at liberty to give out details, but it should be very entertaining at the least.

I didn't know that two people drinking themselves into unconciousness was considered a "contest" Thordic!

Oh yeah, we are NOT PULLING GAURD DUTY AGAIN!!! That really sucked! Well it did until the Traccerballs came out, then it was kinda kewl.

Let me know what day you are going up, I may need someone to follow :)

~Fred

oldsoldier
04-29-2002, 10:55 AM
Hey, I live in central NJ and am looking for a ride...if someone wants to splits costs, LMK. If not, I am gonna fly. What hotel is everyone staying in? I am not familiar w/the area at all, so I will also need directions & all that stuff. I am thinking of going late thurs or friday morn...

Gecko
04-29-2002, 11:56 AM
thordic
do you have prices and specifics on that red roof in? Would be cool if we were all in the same hotel.
Gecko

wyn1370
04-29-2002, 12:02 PM
yep like fred said, I'll be there. planning on going getting there either thurs or fri.
not sure where I'm staying yet.

Load SM5
04-29-2002, 12:09 PM
Just to correct Kaiser Bob, its Black Cell minus JohnBMX. He can't make it.

We'll be in the Red Roof Inn, I believe, for somethin like 3 or 4 nights. Our room shall feature many attractions for the over 21 crowd, such as Yuengling Lager, which apparently you poor midwest saps can't get. Jon is expected to come and steal all our Yuengling, so for backup maybe we'll have a keg or a pony keg depending on how many people are around.

I'll consider myself lucky if I make it through the weekend alive.

Just to warn you, since I'm crashing at Jon's house I'll be coming with him and drinking your beer, too. And I likes me some beer. Never had Yuengling, but heard it's good. Do I need to bring anything? Contribution toward the booze fund?

Thordic
04-29-2002, 12:19 PM
JT from my team is organizing the whole thing for us. He's SprayingMango on the forums, so if you need info, send him a PM and hopefully he can be helpful :)

Load - we can work out alcohol expenses when the time comes.

einhander619
04-29-2002, 01:12 PM
Damn...
This sounds like it will be AO's crowning moment. Hmmmm, at that point, class will have only been in session for one week... I'll trade a kidney for the chance to go to shatnerball! Anybody need a kidney?

Fred
04-29-2002, 04:15 PM
Wyn-

I've already got the hookup for a place to crash, we can party with the other AOers in the hotel, but I have a friend who has told me we can stay at his place... unless you want to spend more money on a hotel.

I'm sooo happy i'll be 21 by then.... :D

Load SM5
04-29-2002, 05:28 PM
Originally posted by einhander619
Anybody need a kidney?

I may after all this beer I drink that weekend..but for now, I'm good, sorry.

Muzikman
04-29-2002, 05:32 PM
I'll be there...Not sure where I am staying, but I am probably going to make it a long week and go Blues Club hopping a few nights.

MagDog68
04-29-2002, 09:05 PM
Ok, I just got my reservations made and my girlfriend will be joining me for the 11 hour drive to Chicago! That mean I will be very ready to shoot something by the time I get to the game :mad:.

I am staying at the Red Roof Inn btw and I am not sure what local delicacies I should bring. Too bad I can't bring authentic NY pizza with me, 11 hours in the trunk and you may just mistake it for Chicago Pizza. Maybe I'll bring a bunch of Brooklyn Bagels for Saturday morning. Anyone have any requests?
~Fred

Kaiser Bob
04-29-2002, 11:02 PM
Id like a plain bagel and an egg bagel with cream cheese! NY bagels are yummy. Hell, bring a sack full for the weekend!

hitmanng
04-29-2002, 11:21 PM
Originally posted by Muzikman
I'll be there...Not sure where I am staying, but I am probably going to make it a long week and go Blues Club hopping a few nights.
Don't miss the kingston mines. The house of blues may be cool but the mines are the original house of blues.
Hitmanng

Snooky
04-30-2002, 01:03 AM
Rusha and I and a few none aoers are gonna sign up towards the first part of may.

we need a hotel to stay in even though were only 1 1/2 away from there. what fun is a weekend without a hotel?

Borg me up tk!

meanelvis
04-30-2002, 08:16 AM
my coworker and i are signed up and coming!

both of us are scenario newbs so any help would be awesome.

MagDog68
04-30-2002, 10:59 AM
Originally posted by Gecko
thordic
do you have prices and specifics on that red roof in? Would be cool if we were all in the same hotel.
Gecko

Goto Redroof.com and use your SPPLAT membership code for a discount. The rooms are all around 50 bucks a night. You want to stay in the Red Roof in Joliett, Illinos. It is about 5 miles from the field I believe.

~Fred

Fred
04-30-2002, 11:08 AM
Hey Fred #1!

Pick up some REAL CHEESE STEAKS in PHILLY!

Just got final word on my summer internship... I'll be in Kansas, not Pennsylvania... but I'll still be done in time for Shatnerball!

Just registered this morning! WHOOT!!!

---Fred (#2)

RushA
04-30-2002, 03:15 PM
Yeah, me and snooky and some are of our friends are gonna go, so we should stay in the red roof inn?...we cant register until about may 16th, i hope there is room by then!

MagDog68
04-30-2002, 09:26 PM
Do we have any info like what time this will start and what type of trade show will be present? I want to know weather I should be packing up scenario gear or if this will be a Big Game event.

~Fred

MagDog68
05-01-2002, 08:11 AM
Originally posted by oldsoldier
I am going...still dont know about transport yet though...Mag, how far are you from central NJ?

I didn't notice you asked me a question. I am in Brooklyn, NY. How far are you from I-80? Let me know what city you're in and we can try to work something out.

~Fred

MagDog68
05-01-2002, 08:32 AM
The Roster from AO as it stands now includes:

Myself
Wyn
Fred
Load SM5
OnyX
Potatoboy
Synreal
Kaiser Bob
hitmang (Nick the Paintball Elf?)
vf-xxoldsoilder
virusGecko
Toymyster
2000Sabre
BlueMagRT
Thordic (woo hoo!)
SprayingMango
Spacemanspiff
Riotz
Muzikman
Snooky
Rusha
meanelvis
Tack

Anyone else? There are over 5000 members and only 22 names on this list!

~Fred

oldsoldier
05-01-2002, 08:52 AM
i am stationed at Ft Monmouth. Right off the Garden State Parkway. It is like v1/2 hr South of Newark. I have no idea where I 80 is. Anyway, was just an idea to share expenses. If it is too far out of the way, dont worry about it.

MagDog68
05-01-2002, 10:27 AM
i am stationed at Ft Monmouth. Right off the Garden State Parkway. It is like v1/2 hr South of Newark. I have no idea where I 80 is. Anyway, was just an idea to share expenses. If it is too far out of the way, dont worry about it.

oldsoldier -
I am renting a car for the trip (economy class). I am not sure who will be in the car with me, but if I have room I have no porblem picking you up. I just ask that you chip in for gas and tolls. I will be leaving on Friday about 4:00 or 5:00 am and returning Sunday hopefully by 8 or 9 pm.

~Fred

Thordic
05-01-2002, 10:30 AM
http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?country=US&address=&city=Ft.+Monmouth&state=NJ&zipcode=&homesubmit.x=27&homesubmit.y=9

Not all that close to people from the north part of the state, but it would be possible.

If you really want to go, I'm sure we can work something out, though.

Tack
05-01-2002, 10:57 AM
Maddog,
Put my name on the list. Unless I have a new job and they won't let me off.

I have tried to get some people to come with me but I don't think I can. anyone in the Mo area that wants to ride up, unless my wife decides to join me there may be some space in my truck.

I'll work on getting a room at the Red Roof so we all can party.

See y'all there.

oldsoldier
05-01-2002, 11:58 AM
Maddog, that sounds like a plan. I have no problems chipping in. PM me or email me, we can work something out. I just dont want to find out a week before that I have no ride, and have to pay 600 bucks for a plane ticket!

Thordic
05-01-2002, 01:43 PM
If Fred can't take you ,we might be able to squeeze you in. We are renting a van and driving out. We are making a longer stay, though, we are leaving around 2PM on the 28th and leaving monday.

wyn1370
05-01-2002, 01:46 PM
this is going to so rule. looks like fred #2 and I are going to be at the red roof for fri and sat night. we should hit downtown chi town on thurs night.

virus
05-01-2002, 01:57 PM
welp... it looks like if i goto a 24hour game at skrimish i can get my buddy from work to goto this one with me....

as to which hotel we'll be at... ya got me... but will probly fly out on wed. and probly head home either sun or monday as it is the holiday weekend

Thordic
05-01-2002, 02:26 PM
Everyone stay at the Red Roof! Come on, you know you want to party with the best! :)

wyn1370
05-01-2002, 02:41 PM
is everybody staying at the one in joilet? just want to make sure we get the right one.
also does anybody have the phone #?

Patron God of Pirates
05-01-2002, 02:52 PM
Could someone tel me what Shatnerball is?
I'm new here and from the posts I've seen, best I can
tell is it is a big scenario game played against
Trekies.

Does anyone have a link to more info?

synreal
05-01-2002, 02:55 PM
www.spplat.com

it is a one day (8 hour) scenario game at CPX between tom, billy s and mancow

Patron God of Pirates
05-01-2002, 03:05 PM
Very cool, I'll have to put in for the time off (should be easy), but I'd love to play.

Do you need to have a Mag to play, because if not I can see who else on my team wants to go.

synreal
05-01-2002, 03:24 PM
the only prereqs to play that i know of are:
<li>cash for entry</li>
<li>enough digits to hold and fire a marker</li>
<li>a skull to strap a set of goggles to</li>

Thordic
05-01-2002, 03:48 PM
Originally posted by wyn1370
is everybody staying at the one in joilet? just want to make sure we get the right one.
also does anybody have the phone #?

Yeah, so far, lots of people are stayin at the one in Joliet. As for hte number, go to RedRoof.com

TITAN
05-01-2002, 06:46 PM
i might go but i need to know when and where this is and how much it costs and where to sign up? i know its probly been asked but i haven't payed any attention to this at all. thanks for any help

MagDog68
05-01-2002, 06:52 PM
Goto www.spplat.com for more details.

~Fred

oldsoldier
05-01-2002, 08:20 PM
Ok...just made my hotel reservations for Redroof inn in Joliet...#071. Thats the one everyone is gonna be at right? I am there from friday till monday...but am flexible, depending on who i hitch with:D

Fred
05-01-2002, 08:22 PM
Red Roof in Joliet has some good rates, check the website: www.redroof.com

all the prices and stuff is at the site already posted a million times...

---Fred#2

MagDog68
05-02-2002, 12:04 AM
Ok...just made my hotel reservations for Redroof inn in Joliet...#071. Thats the one everyone is gonna be at right? I am there from friday till monday...but am flexible, depending on who i hitch with:D

I forgot I have off on Monday, so I will be there from Friday through Monday if you still need the lift.

~Fred #1

oldsoldier
05-02-2002, 07:15 AM
Sounds good, I will plan on that then. You are leaving friday right? You said 4-5...am? thats cool. I will split all travel costs with you

Snooky
05-04-2002, 05:01 AM
guys i need to know what team name to put down when we sign up so that me and rusha can be on the ao squad.

MagDog68
05-04-2002, 07:48 AM
Snooky -
They will ask you in order of preference, which team you want to be on. Just put Tom Kayes and at the bottomw where it says comments say you are from AO.

~Fred

MagDog68
05-07-2002, 10:47 AM
Fred #2-

Our designations will be 1 of 2 and 2 of 2! ;)

~Fred #1

P.S. Anyone who wants to see a roster, check the first post for the most up to date list.

Fred
05-07-2002, 10:49 PM
LOL THAT IS HILLARIOUS! :)

oops I'm bringing an old thread to the top... whatever, it's a good one!

---Fred or, 2of2

Slapp
05-09-2002, 10:25 AM
I'm all signed up since last Fall. I hope JJ does not end up re-allocating some of us to other teams to even things out.

RT_Luver
05-09-2002, 10:58 AM
I might be there if I can get my extreme and everything bethen and also get a ride.

Fred
05-09-2002, 12:14 PM
where do you live? there are quite a few people carpooling out there.

RT_Luver
05-10-2002, 07:42 PM
ok, I have a couple questions.

1. where is it

2.when is it

3.how long is it

4.how do I sign up

thanks, my dad said that I might be able to go if I fing all this stuff out. the cool thing is HE MIGHT BE THERE TOO

Load SM5
05-10-2002, 07:58 PM
www.spplat.com

All your answers are there.

Wc Keep
05-10-2002, 09:13 PM
im strongly thinking about this. im probably going to have to say yes. right now im at 90% yes.

RT_Luver
05-10-2002, 09:21 PM
if I can get my extreme, warp, tank, and drop, I'll be there. I believe my dad will let me :D

RT_Luver
05-10-2002, 09:22 PM
i forgot to ask. whens the latest we can sign up for it??

Load SM5
05-10-2002, 11:38 PM
I would sign up ASAP unless you want to be on another team. After a while the choice is'nt yours and they have to make the teams fair.

MagDog68
05-11-2002, 09:17 AM
I am not sure how quickly each individual team will fill up, but JJ said they will have enough people very soon. You can call them and see how full their roster is. I am sure they'll tell you how much time you have left to sign up.

~Fred

PS Let me know as soon as you sign up so we can fill in the AO roster.

Fred
05-11-2002, 11:54 AM
wow, count is up to 24... that's a good number!

spazzed
05-11-2002, 05:04 PM
Anyone from the Tennessee area going? I'm putting some serious thought into this. Aug. 31st, right? I'll be in Knoxville, then. East Tennesse, somewhere in there, anyone?

RT_Luver
05-11-2002, 05:19 PM
I'm at johnson city and really thinkin of going. I'm trying to talk my dad into lettin me and I also need my extreme. Anyone know if they will be released by then?

RT_Luver
05-11-2002, 05:40 PM
as of right now, is there anyway to diffenatley be on Tom Kayes team? I know I dont want to be against ya'll. I'd be coined as a traitor for the rest of m life.

RT_Luver
05-11-2002, 05:44 PM
hows the best way to be sided with the rest of the AO'ers??

spazzed
05-12-2002, 12:35 PM
RT-Luver, keep in touch. I don't know if I can afford the trip yet, but perhaps we could split travel expenses if I do decide to go? I'll be in Knoxville come time for Shatnerball.

Load SM5
05-12-2002, 02:18 PM
Originally posted by RT_Luver
hows the best way to be sided with the rest of the AO'ers??

When you sign up it'll give you the option of picking your army. It should also let you pick what team you want to be on and put Automags Online.

MagDog68
05-14-2002, 08:53 AM
Does anyone have specifics on paint and air prices? Also, will there be a large vendor area? There has to be with all the people expected. Anyone have details?

~Fred
1 of 2

Thordic
05-14-2002, 09:11 AM
"Entry fees will also include high pressure air or CO2 as needed"

So air fills are included in the sign-up fee.

"Paintballs will be sold at prices as low as 3 cents per ball, with 1 cent per ball going to the charity, Ahead with Horses."

That's $60 a case, plus tax.

Its right on the site. We are changing your name to Lazy Fred :)

Fred
05-14-2002, 12:56 PM
Hey, I guess I can go back to being just Fred now... :)

MagDog68
05-14-2002, 01:42 PM
We are changing your name to Lazy Fred :)

Hey Bushing Boy, their is only one person that can call me names, and your chest isn't big enough to be that one.

~Fred
1 of 2

Fred
05-15-2002, 09:46 AM
bump

who else is coming?

RobAGD
05-15-2002, 12:42 PM
Add me to the list. I just finally registered.

Looking into my fight info now

Looks to me Southwest is having a deal

Red Roof might be doable, I need to get some more monekys from here to come with me.

-Robert

RobAGD
05-17-2002, 12:07 AM
up

The Frymarker
05-17-2002, 07:10 AM
Grip Gurl is coming!!!! I just signed up today!

Wrath of Kahn hahahahahaha

Shatner will feel the wrath of ...........the grip gurl!http://www.nep8ball.com/pictures/me.jpg

PsychoMag
05-17-2002, 11:28 AM
I should be heading up there with team Blackcell (Thordic, SprayingMango, etc...)

The Frymarker
05-17-2002, 11:41 AM
I just posted on my birthday thread,

That if Shartley wants to come up with a logo and Tom wants to be involved I would make special Shatnerball grips!!!

That would be so funny

TooDamnSweet
05-17-2002, 06:52 PM
I'm going :D MagDog68 posted a thread on our site asking who was gonna go, but I think I was the only one definately going astrogirl was thinking about it. There were only a couple others interested. So 22 out of 5000 is pretty good. LOL

I'm gonna stay in a tent on the field. LOL Actually, I'm still looking into it.

Xen
05-17-2002, 07:06 PM
ok if paint price is the same as normal there its 100$ a case. Air was free with the 15$ normal admission so im guessing its free with the event as well.

Im going too btw. I live 45 mins away so im driving up there the day of.

Fred
05-17-2002, 08:13 PM
Paints gonna be about 60$ a case, 3 cents per ball... at least that is what it is advertised at on the SPPLAT site...

I finally got my t-shirt and card and goodies in the mail today, cool stuff!

selfdestruct
05-17-2002, 10:24 PM
I'm from kansas city, missouri and i need a ride!!! I'm not too sure if I can go but it would help if someone I know is going that way from here.

Hasty8
05-17-2002, 11:55 PM
Ok, 2 tired to read whole thread.

I'll be there with myself and my brother and one of his friends, possibly.

I'm planing to head up there Thursday afternoon and pulling into Chi area Fri am or so but if there is going to be a lot o us there Friday I just might leave Wednesday night to get there by Thursday night. It's a 13 hours drive from my house.

Fred
05-18-2002, 04:38 PM
:confused: Why isn't this a classic thread yet??? :confused:

Fred
05-19-2002, 07:20 PM
still not a classic... :(

anyone else coming?

JJBrookshire
05-19-2002, 08:46 PM
Be sure to email me with a note saying specifically that you are an "AOr". We are organizing the teams into a "Batallion like formation". This means that each team will consist of 5 companies each having 4 platoons of 50 each. When the AOrs reach 50, I'll create an AO platoon. If any of you want to be in a "sub group" such as the ZGrippers, I can put them in a ZGrip Squad. By the way play is FREE (must use event paint) on Wed, Thur and Friday before the event. This will allow you to play the field and get in some "bonding time" before the big game.

spazzed
05-19-2002, 09:05 PM
When is the actual game? Saturday?

Fred
05-19-2002, 09:08 PM
yeah

I think the Tank Battle is sunday... does our registration cover that too???

Gambit1106
05-19-2002, 09:09 PM
Well add another on the list. I have been registered for a while. Also I live in the area Joliet/Plainfield so I might have to stop by the hotel for a brew or 2. Anyway if anyone needs info, directions etc for the area don't hesitate to give me an e-mail.

Daugustyn32@attbi.com

Darren

meanelvis
05-20-2002, 07:51 AM
Originally posted by JJBrookshire
Be sure to email me with a note saying specifically that you are an "AOr". We are organizing the teams into a "Batallion like formation". This means that each team will consist of 5 companies each having 4 platoons of 50 each. When the AOrs reach 50, I'll create an AO platoon. If any of you want to be in a "sub group" such as the ZGrippers, I can put them in a ZGrip Squad. By the way play is FREE (must use event paint) on Wed, Thur and Friday before the event. This will allow you to play the field and get in some "bonding time" before the big game.

JJ,

I am an AO'er but signed up way before I knew that there would be AO-based battalions. Is it too late to say that I want to be in these? If not, how is the best way to let you know?

I'm sure this will be helpful to the other guys who signed up right off the bat as well.

Thanks!

-dave wagoner

JJBrookshire
05-20-2002, 07:55 AM
It's not too late just send me an email with your Name, City and State (in case I have duplicates) and that you are an AOr. I'll take it from there. JJ@SPPLAT.com

meanelvis
05-20-2002, 07:59 AM
email sent-- thanks!

p.s. 4 minute response time from the coordinator of the biggest ever paintball event. where else but on AO :)

Sarah of Borg
05-22-2002, 09:15 AM
http://www.voyager.cz/tos/epizody/images/02/02obr52.jpg
"Excuse me, Ma'am, which way to the paintball tournament?"

:D

-Sarah of Borg

datapimp69
05-22-2002, 11:53 AM
ill, be there friday durring the day.

comming with 3 others from michigan.

i will have space in the van for more if anyone needs a ride. and yes i have a DVD in the van so you wont get boared.

im staying at the redroof.

see you all there.

if you need a ride mailto:willk69@hotmail.com

oldsoldier
05-22-2002, 12:00 PM
So, we have like what? 30 ppl going now? That is, of the ppl that post here all the time...well, it is a start anyway. Magdog, am I still going with you?

MagDog68
05-22-2002, 07:39 PM
Yes Old Soldier, we you are still coming with me!

Sorry I haven't replied earlier, I just got back from Orlando...

~Fred 1 of 2

PS Check the first page (http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=34185&perpage=30&pagenumber=1) for all updates!

Fred
05-24-2002, 06:33 PM
Is 30 enough for a battalion???

30 Borg AOers are worth 100 Trekkies any day...

Timmee
05-25-2002, 03:18 PM
Well, I just found out from my job about the time off to go. I wish I could go, but I'll have to settle for listening to accounts from the game afterwards.

Working at a casino + holiday weekend = Absolutely, positively no time off

:( :mad: :( :mad:

05-25-2002, 05:53 PM
Well I was suppose to go but things look grim. My dad lost his job and there is no way I can afford plane tickets, paint, and the entrance fee. Hopefully he will get a new job soon. At this point i am seriously considering selling a a couple of 'cockers to cover the paint and registration.

Oh yeah, we are NOT PULLING GAURD DUTY AGAIN!!! That really sucked! Well it did until the Traccerballs came out, then it was kinda kewl.

SNY?? If it was I have nightmares about those damn traccer balls.
:eek:

MagDog68
05-25-2002, 10:30 PM
Originally posted by 845

SNY?? If it was I have nightmares about those damn traccer balls.
:eek:

Don't know what SNY is.....Thordic and I were at Replicant Run, the 48 hour game last year. The second night we pulled gaurd duty for "Mud Guts" and someone was using Traccer Balls. It was really cool to watch. That was the only time I've gotten a real sense of how many balls per second one can shoot.

~Fred

DSMPilot
05-26-2002, 03:53 PM
I just registered, so count me in! I'm trying to get a couple friends to come along. It'll be my first scenario game :D

spazzed
05-26-2002, 05:57 PM
I've got plane tickets reserved, but Still not positive if I'll be there. It's either Shatnerball, or Box-seats (free food, drinks, etc.) at the UT(University of Tennessee)-Whyoming game @ Adelphia ('tis where the Titans play). I get tickets to all the home games & some away free, so I'm not worried about missing the game or anything, it'd just be cool to be in the box, ya know?

Oh! If I attend, it will also be my first Scenario game! Anyone got any hints??

Fred
05-26-2002, 10:48 PM
Rule #1 for all scenario games:

If you think, that you just might, by some strange twist of fate, by some incalculable odds, need a piece of gear, BRING IT ALONG!

#2: Get into Charecter! YES! IT's Silly! But you have a ton more fun that way.

#3: HAVE FUN!

---Fred

OOPS, sidenote: Will JJ let us have our own battalion without the full 50 people???

MagDog68
05-26-2002, 11:01 PM
Well we have over 30 people here and some of them are bringing friends, so we should get the 50.

~Fred

oldsoldier
05-27-2002, 04:24 AM
I think in july we should start another thread...stating who is going, who is travelling w/who, etc. About a month out or so...that way, we will all be on the same sheet of music.

Fred
05-27-2002, 12:20 PM
thats a good idea... I like it.

JJ- Do we have to have 50 people or can we still be one unit even if we come up short???

---Fred

MagDog68
05-27-2002, 12:25 PM
Well like I said before, all the people that have given me definate answers are listed on the first page of this thread. Everyone who says they are registered has been added to that list.

~Fred

Gambit1106
05-27-2002, 01:50 PM
I also have a friend wiho is signed up and I think he put in his remarks to be on the AO squad.

Darren

TooDamnSweet
05-28-2002, 01:07 AM
What does Honorary Post Whore mean? Just need to know if I should be offended or not, and whose butt I should kick first. :D

What's a scenerio game?

Fred
05-28-2002, 07:38 AM
A "Post Whore" is someone who posts... a lot. usually with little or no real content to add... there is only one of these "Post Whores" that i notice that bugs me... and I don't think hes hit this thread yet. :)

A Scenario game is a game based on a story, where different players get different roles (like a Role-Playing game). there is a story line, and the players act out the roles on the field trying to win the game.

So, in this case, I am guessing that the Borg team will be trying to assimilate the other teams, or just destroy them. the klingons will be running amok... and the Federation will be hoping that their gear works as they hide in their tents as the Borg move in to conquer!

---Fred

MagDog68
05-28-2002, 08:33 AM
Originally posted by TooDamnSweet
What does Honorary Post Whore mean? Just need to know if I should be offended or not, and whose butt I should kick first. :D

What's a scenerio game?

LoL...I was wondering how long that would take. I only wrote that because I saw you had close to 250 posts in less than a month when you commented. :D

~Fred

TooDamnSweet
05-28-2002, 02:05 PM
Alrighty! Thanks for the explainations. Little or no content, I guess that would be me since I only have a few posts that have anything to do with paintball.

BTW, the Federation doesn't hide! We are there to conquer and destroy! Make sure your shoe laces are tied tight, wouldn't want you to fall down when you're running away.LOL

wyn1370
05-28-2002, 02:39 PM
Originally posted by TooDamnSweet
BTW, the Federation doesn't hide! We are there to conquer and destroy! Make sure your shoe laces are tied tight, wouldn't want you to fall down when you're running away.LOL

and here I thought it was something like "to go where no man has gone before...blah, blah, blah"

TooDamnSweet
05-28-2002, 02:47 PM
Originally posted by wyn1370

and here I thought it was something like "to go where no man has gone before...blah, blah, blah"

Oh yeah, that too...

The Frymarker
05-29-2002, 02:58 PM
Post Whore.... that's a good one, I'm still laughing!

AHH it's too bad there wasn't a marker that shot tribbles!:D

You know my father looks exactly like Spock, it's too bad he doesn't want to come!