PDA

View Full Version : I need some ideas

frontline_infantry
04-28-2002, 11:13 AM
I am going to purchase the gun below, and i was wondering what kind of upgrades to get. I dont have a lot of money, but im gonna get a nitro tank and a Carbon Fiber Barrel. Really i jest wanna know if any one has had problems with mags like this one.

frontline_infantry
04-28-2002, 11:18 AM
also what is the best oil to use on ur mags?

frontline_infantry
04-28-2002, 12:04 PM
Jest so everybody know i wasnt the one who voted for the Carbon fiber, i jes cant afford a freek so im getting a carbon fiber barrel

boss_automager
04-28-2002, 12:24 PM
Boomstick would be better than Carbon Fiber.

MagDog68
04-28-2002, 03:00 PM
Why are you going to waste your money on a new barrel if it isn't what you want? Try playing with the gun the way it is and then figure out what you would like to upgrade! Don't let people talk you into buying upgrades you don't need yet!

~Fred

SlipknotX556
04-28-2002, 03:01 PM
I have that exact same gun. But mine has an intelliframe and 12v revvy and clear warp feed and a 12in smart parts progessive barrel. I had no problems with it being stock. The only thing was that crappy barrel. The barrel is a PMI ceramic barrel, is a really bad barrel. As long as you have it on nitro and not co2 you will be fine.

ThePatriot
04-28-2002, 03:01 PM
Anything except that stock barrel that comes with that gun. ITS SO BAD, i got my mag sent with that barrel(for some reason, i didnt even buy the TKO) and ITS SOOO BAD. Luckily for me im getting a new barrel for my birthday(tuesday) well i hope i am, and i know im getting a retro valve, so my gun will be the 1337'est gun around. It will be a warped retro, i know a lot of people have these, but its special to me.

HoppysMag
04-28-2002, 03:03 PM
thats a great mag, your gunna love it... being you limited budget, believe me i know how it feels, i voted carbon fiber but here are some other good barrels that are cheap but decent........
http://www.paintballgear.net/012-3501.html
http://www.paintballgear.net/012-6600.html
and ether one of these 2 are great
http://www.paintballgear.net/paintball-barrels-lapco-barrels.html

frontline_infantry
04-28-2002, 03:04 PM
I know what ur saying and you have a good point, but the Carbon Fiber Barrel is still a very good barrel and is half the price of a freek, and the crabon fiber has an advantage over all the other barrels, if a ball breaks the carbon fiber will save the day, the freek goes caputz and the boomstick takes to long to cleean out, so good point, but the 32 degrees barrel is still a good barrel.

BlackVCG
04-28-2002, 03:09 PM
Best oil to use on your Mag is KC Trouble Free Oil.

As for upgrades:

12V Revy

HPA System

Warp Feed

Barrels

Intelliframe

Retro Valve

HoppysMag
04-28-2002, 03:15 PM
if its easy clean ability the J&J is the barrel you want. throw that squegee out cause you wont need it.. the breaks are clean after 2 shots...god bless teflon coating.

FutureMagOwner
04-28-2002, 03:43 PM
what you talking about with the freak not cleaning good!

i have a freak on my cocker and was popping like hell cuz i kept double feeding(damn slide trigger) and popped balls but after a break it would shoot fine until except after i broke 12 balls in a row in the barrel(believe me i hate the slide)

MagDog68
04-28-2002, 04:20 PM
Originally posted by ThePatriot
Anything except that stock barrel that comes with that gun. ITS SO BAD, i got my mag sent with that barrel(for some reason, i didnt even buy the TKO) and ITS SOOO BAD. Luckily for me im getting a new barrel for my birthday(tuesday) well i hope i am, and i know im getting a retro valve, so my gun will be the 1337'est gun around. It will be a warped retro, i know a lot of people have these, but its special to me.

The Stock barrel is bad? Have you ever played with it? You must be mad if you say that the stock barrel sucks.

~Fred

HoppysMag
04-28-2002, 04:29 PM
i think hes talkin about the PMI barrel not the AGD stock barrel.

Creative Mayhem
04-28-2002, 04:56 PM
Given the choices, I would go for the freak system. I personally use a CP 12" barrel and I've ran all kinds of paint through it and I have yet, to have a paint match problem. For the money you'd pay for the freak or other barrels, you can a CP barrel, or system for that matter. I voted for the freak but, I would go for a CP system. Just my .02

Creative Mayhem

ThePatriot
04-28-2002, 06:31 PM
The stock TKO barrel, the PMI ceramic one, that is so bad, and i unfortunately have had to put up with it. I have had to put up with it since christmas, and cannot wait to get rid of it.

HoppysMag
04-28-2002, 08:35 PM
petefol

I hate to break it to you but first call dosnt have J&J's. well atleast not on thier site.

Croix71
04-28-2002, 11:34 PM
Since you've already decided on getting a nitro system and barrel the next thing I would go for (if you don't have one) is a 12v Revy with w/ an x-board ($60). Then get a better grip frame. AGD Intelliframe ($115) or a Dye Frame ($60) would be good.

As long as you have a good paint match with the barrel your going to get you'll be fine. I've left out Warp, Freak, & ReTro since getting them would increase your spending total significantly. :D

frontline_infantry
04-29-2002, 05:56 PM
I realize that revy's r good, but how bout the one below? will it sufice cuz its what i have

Puddleglum
04-29-2002, 06:19 PM
That would be a Rikochet, and they kick. The only thing better is the HALO. You will like it.