PDA

View Full Version : level 10?

AcemanPB
04-28-2002, 08:22 PM
this question might have already been adressed but here it goes

- which guns will the level 10 modification be affecting (SFL e-mag 68 classic extreeme?)

- what will the level 10 modification do

- is it anywhere near completion

- and what happened to level 8 and 9?

i'm sorry if this is a stupid questoin but i think it will clear this issue up for a few of us

HoppysMag
04-28-2002, 08:33 PM
ya what did happen to 8 & 9? OH NO!!! 7 ate 9? LOL

Potatoboy
04-28-2002, 08:39 PM
From the chat room:

(Tom_Kaye): Ok guys listen up
(Tom_Kaye): we are working on some tremendous mods that will knock your socks off
(Tom_Kaye): right now it looks like it will retrofit to all existing guns
(Tom_Kaye): I think you will be VERY IMPRESSED
(Tom_Kaye): I have not been working every night on this stuff for 4 months for nothing
(Tom_Kaye): I cant tell you any more details because things are changing here by the day
(Tom_Kaye): right now its really looking good so please just bear with me a little longer
(Tom_Kaye): so I can get all the ducks in a row.
(Tom_Kaye): we dont like to come out with stuff that makes promises and doesnt live up to them
(Tom_Kaye): thats why I am making sure everything is right.
(Tom_Kaye): Ok??

Oh, and 8 is the RT, 9 is the RTpro/ReTro/Emag

AcemanPB
04-28-2002, 08:41 PM
oooooh thats where 8 and 9 went

is this mod just goin to be on the e-mag or what?

HoppysMag
04-28-2002, 08:42 PM
Awe i see said the blind man.............

Croix71
04-28-2002, 09:49 PM
Originally posted by Potatoboy
From the chat room:

(Tom_Kaye): we are working on some tremendous mods that will knock your socks off
(Tom_Kaye): I have not been working every night on this stuff for 4 months for nothing
(Tom_Kaye): I cant tell you any more details because things are changing here by the day
(Tom_Kaye): right now its really looking good so please just bear with me a little longer
(Tom_Kaye): we dont like to come out with stuff that makes promises and doesnt live up to them

Oh, and 8 is the RT, 9 is the RTpro/ReTro/Emag

Nice! Thanks Potato! :D

BlackVCG
04-28-2002, 10:08 PM
Originally posted by AcemanPB
is this mod just goin to be on the e-mag or what?

Originally posted by Tom_Kaye

All existing guns means everything from Classics to SFLs.

a_malfunction
04-28-2002, 10:10 PM
YAY!!!

jurassic
04-28-2002, 10:50 PM
Please tell us when Tom posted this in the chat room. What day ? Was this recently said in the chat room?
Around the 1st of Mar Tom posted that it would be at least 8 weeks before the extremes would be released.

BlackVCG
04-28-2002, 11:32 PM
Tom posted that last night in chat. I'll wait for Tom to post a time frame for the release of the Level 10 mod. I can say it won't be 8 weeks.

Bonx0007
04-29-2002, 12:50 AM
So do we just send our guns in and they change them to lvl ten for free!!!:D I sure hope so. And I like the word retrofit.

thei3ug
04-29-2002, 07:45 AM
Here's what I don't get...

Tom has told you essentially nothing. "the level ten is a something that works with everything, and it is coming out at an undetermined time in the future, but you don't know what it is. But, on the plus side, we promise it will work." and you're excited? My GOD, It could be a new screw set for all you know.

Croix71
04-29-2002, 08:19 AM
Originally posted by thei3ug
It could be a new screw set for all you know.

You may be right thei3ug, but based on the last 2 jumps I'd hope that level 10 is just more than a new screw set. :D

fearc7
04-29-2002, 08:31 AM
up cause i want to know more about this!:D

soilent green
04-29-2002, 08:44 AM
wasn't thier talk of a low pressure mod

pip_999
04-29-2002, 08:50 AM
dude tom is soooo against low pressure
its all a myth
anyway

7 ate 9 LOL
i love that joke

and yeah how bout teh upgrades
will be able to upgrade to a 10 for free or what????

*calling all tom kayes*

jurassic
04-29-2002, 10:50 AM
Originally posted by BlackVCG
Tom posted that last night in chat. I'll wait for Tom to post a time frame for the release of the Level 10 mod. I can say it won't be 8 weeks.

??? When you say it won't be 8 weeks, does that mean less than or more than 8 weeks??
Had to ask!!:confused:

BlackVCG
04-29-2002, 11:06 AM
Less than 8 weeks. And no, it's not going to be free unless we all want AGD to go banktrupt.

thecavemankevin
04-29-2002, 11:55 AM
i think when he said "will it be free" he ment will AGD install it for free. But thats only what i think he ment.

As for the Low pressure, i have a feeling it will be less force that the bolt hits the ball with. Similar to that of a cocker where the ball is not hit with as much force.
All i have to say is that i am on the edge of my seat :)

Any ball park price?

Manuel_FZR
04-29-2002, 12:12 PM
Iīm also waiting for the new Level10 valve (in my c&c Xtreme :D ).
I hope it will completely disable choping/breaking like in some cockers. This would be a great step forward for AGD and would bring it back to the top ;)

And of course itīs not for free - all the research and hard work is in this valve; so I really will pay my saved money for this invention!

pip_999
04-29-2002, 12:17 PM
will the lvl10
come in those protoptype bodies they have??
i doubt it
but will they

einhander619
04-29-2002, 01:20 PM
I've got my money on level 10 being some kind of mod that slows the bolt speed down. I heard Tom talking about some kind of 2 stage system in Deep Blue. Just think about it: a mag that wont chop? Bow to AGD!!! The plot thickens...

RiceRocket
04-29-2002, 01:54 PM
Have faith.

It's not a new screw set. It's great improvements based on the existing valve design that WILL reduce ball breakage. Tom just needs to conduct mroe extensive tests to make sure everything is up to AGD standards.

I got a chance to check out AGD and shoot the prototype last week. It shot fast and didn't break paint when I ripped on it. Out of respect for Tom and AGD, I won't say anything more than that.

As for retro-fitting into older guns, it shouldn't be a problem - just a guess. But remember that it will probably not be free. There are a lot of Mags out there that don't have chopping problems. Think of it as more of an upgrade, the ultimate upgrade for Mags.

Jonno06
04-29-2002, 02:02 PM
Originally posted by RiceRocket
Have faith.

It's not a new screw set. It's great improvements based on the existing valve design that WILL reduce ball breakage. Tom just needs to conduct mroe extensive tests to make sure everything is up to AGD standards.

man,i was looking forward to that new screw set!

krafty
04-29-2002, 02:14 PM
Any idea if it will be able to be installed at home, or will it require a trip to AGD?

AcemanPB
04-29-2002, 02:24 PM
man i can't wait

Manuel_FZR
04-29-2002, 02:25 PM
Originally posted by RiceRocket
Have faith.

(...)It's great improvements based on the existing valve design that WILL reduce ball breakage.(...)

I got a chance to check out AGD and shoot the prototype last week. It shot fast and didn't break paint when I ripped on it.(...)

(...)Think of it as more of an upgrade, the ultimate upgrade for Mags.

I have patience!
But ... will it handle better brittle paint? Our team-training is always with not so high quality paint (because of the costs), there my Mini has several breaks.

dropkick1
04-29-2002, 03:05 PM
up, i also wann ahear more about this.

ken

FordPrefect
04-29-2002, 03:33 PM
Doh! I just ordered a new Minimag from Pbgear.com last Sunday, and NOW IT WILL BE OBSOLETE.

It feels like Mags are becoming computers, a new one is obsolete in 7 minutes.:(

hitech
04-29-2002, 04:26 PM
Originally posted by Manuel_FZR
But ... will it better handle brittle paint?

That is the point of the level 10 changes. :)

Bonx0007
04-29-2002, 04:26 PM
Chances are that it will not be a new valve. My guess is that it has to do with bolt geometry and speed possibly a body style change too. Just my guess.

When I talked to Tom he said that he jumped from lvl 7 to 10 because he made a bunch of changes between 7 and now so he just decided 10 would be a good number to call this one. It wasn't all that scientific. Of course the 7 ate 9 reason sounds much better.;)

Manuel_FZR
04-29-2002, 04:52 PM
Originally posted by hitech

That is the point of the level 10 changes. :)

cheers! :D

BlackVCG
04-29-2002, 04:56 PM
Originally posted by FordPrefect
Doh! I just ordered a new Minimag from Pbgear.com last Sunday, and NOW IT WILL BE OBSOLETE.

It feels like Mags are becoming computers, a new one is obsolete in 7 minutes.:(

The whole point of the word "retrofit" means that it won't make existing guns obsolete.

AcemanPB
04-29-2002, 06:21 PM
does any have the slightest idea or guess when tom will tell us all about this wonderfull new.... uh ... thing

thecavemankevin
04-29-2002, 06:36 PM

The whole point of the word "retrofit" means that it won't make existing guns obsolete.

just your old valve will now be out dated. but just because this "valve" or whatever will change the way the new mags work, your old mag will still be the same.

CRiZO
04-29-2002, 06:50 PM
okay... this hasn't been asked yet.. so yea. Will there be a regular version of it, and an RT version?

Miscue
04-29-2002, 07:35 PM
Geez, so AGD is releasing their metric screw kit, clear foamies, and custom colored bumpers already. I'm just waiting for the Level 11 glow-in-the-dark decal kit.

Oops, is this supposed to be a secret? I forgot. :)

Cypres0099
04-29-2002, 08:07 PM
VERY funny miscue....:rolleyes: Just because you know doesn't mean you need to rub our noses in it.:p

One thing I was thinking about is will these mods limit the speed of the gun any? Like no more 20 Bps?

speedballbanks
04-29-2002, 09:02 PM
maybe the level 10 will be the release of the aluminum valve.

CRiZO
04-29-2002, 09:05 PM
or maybe not... *dum dum dum*

mxpxpunk1220
04-29-2002, 09:19 PM
hehe man this is really exilirating!! bah i cant wait for this. im kinda hoping for something bolt wise or a new valve or something. cheaper than an RT at least. they are expensive little buggers.

luke
04-30-2002, 07:50 AM
Do you really want to know what the level 10 is? I would bet $2 :) this is what it's all about.

AO Research Team Need your Opinion!!!
In an effort to greatly reduce ball breakage we have developed a prototype long stroke bolt and valve. The bolt seals further into the barrel before shooting the ball and takes longer to reset against the bumper. So the benefit is lower blowback. The other effect the long stroke has is to reduce the firing rate to a maximum of 11 shots per second. This is a big benefit because you can not out shoot the hopper by short stroking. We have come to understand that all ball chops are caused by short stroking or ball bobble. Because the RT valve system can cycle SO fast the ball can't get into the barrel so it chops. Ball bobble causes the ball to hang up in the feed tube and same problem at lower firing rates.

So the poll below asks the following question:

For mechanical guns is 11 BPS a fast enough cycle rate?

Heres the link >>>>>>>>>>>>>

http://automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=11839

Miscue
04-30-2002, 10:11 AM
Nope, that's not what it is. Much cooler than this... :)

Manuel_FZR
04-30-2002, 10:50 AM
Originally posted by Miscue
Nope, that's not what it is. Much cooler than this... :)

:eek: much cooler ... can only mean: faster then 11bps and no chops ... :eek:
... really canīt wait to have one in my hands ... :o

Valadian
04-30-2002, 12:16 PM
Ok I know he said it would retrofit ALL existing mags but just to be sure I have to ask, will this work on my trusty cute little micro-e? Is there any difference between the e-mag valve and the micro-e valve? Cause it says "emag micro" on it but I'm not sure if there is anything actually different or if its just written on there.

Miscue
04-30-2002, 12:18 PM
I'm pretty sure it should work on your Micro.

Miscue
04-30-2002, 12:19 PM
Originally posted by Manuel_FZR

:eek: much cooler ... can only mean: faster then 11bps and no chops ... :eek:
... really canīt wait to have one in my hands ... :o

;)

Valadian
04-30-2002, 12:19 PM
Thanks Miscue :)

Chris
04-30-2002, 01:17 PM
As far as retrofitting...that means that it will be able to be put on your gun without getting a new valve...just like getting a new bolt, you dont need a new valve to have a superbolt. I am guessing it is a new powertube tip or something along those lines.

-Chris

pip_999
04-30-2002, 01:26 PM
you guys are still yet to answer me question :mad: jk

but honestly
will it come in that prototype body they have been showing off at the forums?
and
will it come with a new bolt????? like maybe the stock bolt will be a superbolt????

:D:D:D:D

cmon guys, answer away
thx

BlackVCG
04-30-2002, 02:10 PM
We've pretty much divulged as much information as possible. All of the pricing, retrofitting, etc. will be determined once it gets finalized for production.

synreal
04-30-2002, 02:18 PM
is level 10 something that tom has already spoken about/mentioned, or is it a new trick from up his sleeves?

BlackVCG
04-30-2002, 02:25 PM
Level 10 is anti-ball breakage research. It's been going on since December.

luke
04-30-2002, 02:41 PM
Wll then, who gets the $2.......... :D

cledford
04-30-2002, 03:29 PM
I found this in Tom's bolt mod post...

"The two things we can do to reduce this problem is slow down the bolt and remove the sharp corner. Slowing the bolt requires a bunch of new parts BUT rounding the edge of the bolt you can do at home. "

He make reference to slowing the bolt to reduce breakage - I know the mods are alluding to higher ROF the 11Bps, but I'm wondering...

I hope that the ROF doesn't have to be slowed down :( I like having the high ROF, but do want to reduce breakage.

-Calvin

http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=32839

Miscue
04-30-2002, 03:33 PM
No ROF sacrifice. :)

hitech
04-30-2002, 03:35 PM
Originally posted by cledford
I hope that the ROF doesn't have to be slowed down :( I like having the high ROF, but do want to reduce breakage.

I'll bet it is going to slow down ROF a little. I'm guessing around 15/16 bps. Somehow I can't see that being a problem. :D

Cypres0099
04-30-2002, 05:09 PM
This is like putting a drunk in a small glass box and then stacking cans of beer up on the outside.... It's just plain mean.:p

AcemanPB
04-30-2002, 05:14 PM
maybe if we keep on asking them they will tell us :D

i bet it's a mod that gives the mag a super high tech GPS locating devicethat uses satilites to target your enemies thus giving you a precise shot around trees and bunkers! they'll never know what hit 'em!!

someone please just tell me i promise i won't tell anyone else :cool:

thei3ug
04-30-2002, 05:22 PM
it's a screw kit.

BlackVCG
04-30-2002, 05:56 PM
FWIW- I've seen the gun with the Level 10 config fire at 20bps FA. The only problem was the HALO couldn't keep up. So I would have to say ROF is not sacrificed.

Aliens-8-MyDad
04-30-2002, 06:08 PM
so ya think this thing is gonna cost more than a retro valve?

oh oh i know what it is... a mag valve with a lcd built into it that can send IM's so players on the feild and tell you when you broke a ball, and your input pressure and what your fps and bps is :) basically, its an angel in the form of a mag :D

Manuel_FZR
04-30-2002, 07:12 PM
FWIW- I've seen the gun with the Level 10 config fire at 20bps FA. The only problem was the HALO couldn't keep up. So I would have to say ROF is not sacrificed.

:eek: canīt belive it; rof is not sacrificed, no chops - the perfect pb-gun is born. And of course itīs an AGD product. ;)

help ... I canīt wait to spend my money on the Xtreme c&c with level10 valve ... :(

AcemanPB
04-30-2002, 07:16 PM
wow my post got lots of attention

jurassic
04-30-2002, 08:14 PM
The level of expectation for the level 10 mods is beginning to soar!! Reminds me of George Lucas
and the Stars Wars buildup for the rest of the story!!
Will the level 10 mods change the appearance of the
Extremes as they are pictured on the European AGD web site or those that have been posted on this forum?
Will the mods change the Warp module?

theraidenproject
04-30-2002, 08:42 PM
Nice analogy, but I really hope there's no Jar-Jar equivalent.

jurassic
04-30-2002, 09:21 PM
Death to Jar Jar!!

Aliens-8-MyDad
04-30-2002, 10:37 PM
heh, theres this weird girl in one of my classes that wea call jar jar binks, i still crack up thinkin about it, i mean she looks just like it, well with out the long ears but other than that exact replica!

liigod
05-01-2002, 12:06 AM
finally agd might get rid of their last flaw (major one at lease)

Cypres0099
05-01-2002, 03:56 PM
Tom, is it possible that you will divulge a bit of information at the WLIPP?:confused: It seems like a good idea to tell a whole bunch of people at once.:)

FooTemps
05-01-2002, 04:01 PM
The lvl 10 mod is a new bolt/valve part assembly that will make choppping dissapear in mags and increase efficiency. No, reall, it is!

I love making generalizations...

speedballbanks
05-01-2002, 04:03 PM
well since it will have to do with anti-chop maybe they will call the aluminum valve level ten antichop-valve?

i know it probably will have nothing to do with the aluminum valve but hey i would buy one just becuase of the weight factor.

Cypres0099
05-01-2002, 04:05 PM
That's the best description yet.:p I think I'll go tell everyone about AGD's new bolt\valve part assembly and answer their questions with even more generalized generalizations.:D

speedballbanks
05-01-2002, 04:13 PM
Originally posted by Cypres0099
That's the best description yet.:p I think I'll go tell everyone about AGD's new bolt\valve part assembly and answer their questions with even more generalized generalizations.:D

that's foo for ya lol.

Jonno06
05-01-2002, 04:16 PM

well,if he shot it FA,it must have been electro....which gun was this lvl 10 on black?

speedballbanks
05-01-2002, 04:29 PM
i was thinking the same thing as jonno but he jsut posted it quicker it would help if you gave us more info is it better used on an electro or was the non-electro modded to shoot full auto? hmmm...... now i am wondering if it the aluminum valve???

FatMan
05-01-2002, 04:53 PM
I have absolutely no inside information, but I speculate that the Level 10 mod will involve a modification to the bolt plunger (that extends into the power tube) and to the shape of the inside of the power tube.

This will certainly involve a new bolt, and either a new power tube tip, or a new power tube (which can be unscrewed from the valve and replaced).

I further speculate that the mode will make the tip of the plunger smaller around, so the pressure in the chamber delivers less force to the bolt, but that the plunger will increase in diameter further up - so that after the bolt has travelled a ways the force on it is increased to complete the stroke.

This should reduce the speed and impact of the bolt - and probably reduce the rate of fire a little, but not enought to be slower than a fast loader.

So my prediction is made - now we'll wait and see ...

FatMan

jurassic
05-01-2002, 06:21 PM
Fatman, My Money is on you!!:cool:

FooTemps
05-01-2002, 06:38 PM
My money isn't! Yes it'll be a new bolt/spacer design but it will involve valve stuff too! Webby guesstimated the price to be around the 100-150 dolla range so it has to be more than a new bolt design...

OldSchoolMag
05-01-2002, 07:01 PM
So, if I don't break balls at all, with this mod still be worth the $150 I'm shelling out on it? Give me that, at least!

Looks good, AGD!

OSM

Bonx0007
05-01-2002, 07:29 PM

Well black what happened when the halo could not keep up. did it chop or did it just skip or what??? Also were tests done with the human hand or just with the emag electronics. Is this valve short strokable?

p.s. I know no one can pull a 20bps string but were real life scenarios done in testing or was it just Emag controled FA.

P.P.S. Guys I am expecting a dual staged dynamic bolt. with an exterior shell moving forward first to protect the ball on deck and then an interior firing veturi bolt thus firing the ball. Just something I was thinking about.I have no inside info either. My idea is probably to complicated to build anyway.

Bonx0007
05-01-2002, 07:41 PM
I cant make it to the WLIPP due to hardware configurations so you will all have to give me an update on what happens. I am interested in this.

Vegeta
05-01-2002, 07:53 PM
Check around deep blue. I and other people have talked about bolt speed and such a little.. cant get link right now but I may have touched on it or a part of it. Just put things together.

AcemanPB
05-01-2002, 08:35 PM
why can't someone just tell me, i won't tell anybody... i promise

20bps with no chops? don't know a better why to spend 150 dollars!

Jack_Dubious
05-01-2002, 11:51 PM
Hey this is my first post on these boards....(i just got my micromag) heh

My guess for the level 10 mag is two words "Magic Elves.":D

JDub

MrMag
05-01-2002, 11:56 PM
so is this thing gonna be better than the rt valve?

Zygote
05-02-2002, 09:57 AM
You're thinking too small. The level 10 mod will make the hopper obsolete. Instead of a plastic blimp on top of your gun, there will be a small portal to an extradimensional "pocketverse" populated by tiny aliens resembling marballizer. There will be no more hopper-shots or having to buy expensive paintballs. Outdated CO2 and HPA systems will also be eliminated. The automag will now be powered by my contempt for humanity. Consequently, you may experience erratic velocities depending on my temperament at the time. I'll warn you now: playing on Mondays, particularly in the morning, will most likely result in death.

Miscue
05-02-2002, 10:36 AM
Originally posted by AcemanPB
why can't someone just tell me, i won't tell anybody... i promise

20bps with no chops? don't know a better why to spend 150 dollars!

;)

Manuel_FZR
05-02-2002, 10:40 AM
Originally posted by MrMag
so is this thing gonna be better than the rt valve?

Yes. Definite. I think, it will be a further stage of the RT valve (has the speed, but wonīt be able to chop).
Also i think, it will be more expensive than 150$ ... but I donīt mind. I think itīs worth to cost more ... think of this: you will have the fastest marker on the planet witch will not be able to chop or break any brittle paint; for such a marker/valve I would love to spend my money ;)

speedballbanks
05-02-2002, 12:28 PM
Originally posted by Zygote
You're thinking too small. The level 10 mod will make the hopper obsolete. Instead of a plastic blimp on top of your gun, there will be a small portal to an extradimensional "pocketverse" populated by tiny aliens resembling marballizer. There will be no more hopper-shots or having to buy expensive paintballs. Outdated CO2 and HPA systems will also be eliminated. The automag will now be powered by my contempt for humanity. Consequently, you may experience erratic velocities depending on my temperament at the time. I'll warn you now: playing on Mondays, particularly in the morning, will most likely result in death.

WTF is that abuot man to much time on your hands that is abuot the dumbest concoction i have ever seen in one paragraph.

steveg
05-02-2002, 12:31 PM
I thought it was quite funny

speedballbanks
05-02-2002, 12:35 PM
Originally posted by steveg
I thought it was quite funny

well it is to a certain extent but then after the first 8 words my head started to spin.

AcemanPB
05-02-2002, 02:41 PM
is it a new valve for sure?

Bonx0007
05-02-2002, 02:46 PM
Black could you answer my question about the halo problem. what happened did the gun skip a beat/chop or what?

BlackVCG
05-02-2002, 03:03 PM
I'm really not going to say anything more. Just realize that this will make Mags a whole new gun in performance. Hold out for a few more weeks.

Jonno06
05-02-2002, 03:20 PM
aww....i want it now though.........

ill be waiting..............

krafty
05-02-2002, 03:38 PM
Anyone seen the movie Scanners? If this keeps up, my head's gonna explode like in that movie! Make it stop! :D

AcemanPB
05-02-2002, 03:54 PM
a few more weeks eh? thats not too far but then agian I WANT ONE RIGHT NOW....

CRiZO
05-02-2002, 05:31 PM
I hope it'll work in my micro... if not, does anyone want to buy it from me?

Daniel Morse
05-02-2002, 07:08 PM
will they be compatible with the Level 10 modification?:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :eek:

BlackVCG
05-02-2002, 07:18 PM
Originally posted by Potatoboy

Pay particular attention to where Tom says it will retrofit to ALL guns. :rolleyes:

speedballbanks
05-02-2002, 07:21 PM
Originally posted by Daniel Morse
will they be compatible with the Level 10 modification?:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :eek:

hmmmm.... they might run into problems there but i am sure they will get it right though.

Yatta!
05-02-2002, 07:30 PM
Let the mods and AGD be. It will be in due time.
Be patient young grasshoppers.......Or......bug them until their head blows off! Well one less mod on AO!

Your choice
Yatta!

FooTemps
05-02-2002, 08:42 PM
Psssshhhhh... Black, you leak way to much info... Learn from Q and be more of a tease... lol

MrMag
05-02-2002, 08:59 PM
goddamit, i just bought an rt valve. ugh...whatever that is what money is for i guess.....spending it on paintball

pip_999
05-02-2002, 09:15 PM
aight guys my question STILL STANDS

WILL IT COME WITH THE NEW BODIES?????
the ones that they have been talking about

SOMEONE ANSWER MY QUESTION!!!!

CRiZO
05-02-2002, 09:28 PM
Well aren't you polite... usually being that "nice" doesn't get you answers. But for an answer, if you think about it, it'll probably come with all mags. And yes even the "super mag"... I don't see as to why AGD would design a new gun and use old parts.

CRiZO
05-02-2002, 09:28 PM
Originally posted by speedballbanks

WTF is that abuot man to much time on your hands that is abuot the dumbest concoction i have ever seen in one paragraph.

Maybe... but you know you think it would be cool. :p

Newbie505
05-02-2002, 11:55 PM
my guess....ELVES!

Daniel Morse
05-03-2002, 08:31 AM
The problem is, is that Tom says "All existing guns." Is the RT considered "existing" since it is out of production? I am hoping RT owners like myself can benefit from this Level 10 mod.:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :eek:

Vegeta
05-03-2002, 05:08 PM
Daniel:
The RT valve is not that much diffrent than the ReTro and RT pro valves. If this mod fits all existing valves... that meabns 68's too.. and if it will fit them im sure it will fit older RT's. You have to understand that the valves are not that much diffrent. I got a feelign this mod wont do a whole lot to the valve and focus more on bolt areas. It can't actaulyl do anything DRASTIC to your valve because Black said u could install it yourself I belive. So no milling out of and powertubes or no changes htat cant be screwed in/out.

CRiZO
05-03-2002, 10:23 PM
... he was wondering because RT's valves are bigger than all the others... so it would be hard to put... whatever I'm going to bed.

speedballbanks
05-04-2002, 09:47 AM
actually the rt valves are different from the standard valves there extremely different for instance where does the air go in on an old rt through the rail in the banjo bolt into the valve how does a mag/retro get air through an elbow on the side ov the valve two way different locations so i think they are just a tad different and knowing crazy AGD they will make it available for classic rt's.

AcemanPB
05-04-2002, 11:33 AM
do you think think the level 10 mod will be relased by the end of may or june?

paintballrulzs
05-04-2002, 12:20 PM
hey black and everyone else that has seen/shot this/ I have a hyperframed p/f mag, with a warp feed. I was curious if you could tell me if this mod will make the hyperframe useless. If you don't want to post please pm me I need to know. There is a guy in my town interested in it and I will only sell it if i find out it will be useless once i get this mod done. Also I need to tell him soon before he buys one new. Please someone tell me. Thanks

Darkling
05-04-2002, 05:03 PM
hey i dunno if this was asked already but will the level 10 mod be an add-on to the valve, or will it be a whole new valve assembly? iwas just wondering because im gonna do the go retro thing for an rt valve and i dont want to buy something that will be obsolete. thanks

Darkling

Krazy Ivan
05-04-2002, 05:27 PM
I think you guys need to put this tactic into your advertising department! Here we are clamouring for info on the greatness of Level 10 modifications, that we all want, and know will be awesome!

This tease is prolly the one of the best marketing techniques u could ever do, and you guys aren't even trying!

Yatta!
05-04-2002, 06:47 PM
Darkling, Black said it will fit all existing valves.
And to the RT question, AGD never forgets its bastard child, so they will probably make the lvl 10 mod for RT too with some modifications, but you never know....

Yatta!

BlackVCG
05-04-2002, 06:52 PM
Right now it looks like it will fit all existing guns, but that will be determined once everything gets finalized.

Everything else in terms of performance, pricing, etc. can't be commented on right now. This forum will be the first place everything is announced straight from the horse's mouth.

Cypres0099
05-04-2002, 07:15 PM
Aw... I got all excited when I saw someone who actually knows something had posted.:(

Anyway, I think one of the teaser ads should be;
<P>
<center><b> Ball Breaks? What are those?</b>

(Insert extreme emag silhouette(sp?) here)

<B>Level 10 Automag.

AGD</B></center>
<P>
And ofcourse all in either black or white. That's what gets me anyway.:)

XspyX
05-04-2002, 08:09 PM
Will there be a "Go Level 10" program where someone would be able to trade their retro valve and cash for the level 10?

Like the "Go Retro Program", ya know?

Good idea? Yes/No? :cool:

thei3ug
05-04-2002, 08:57 PM
Aluminum with knurled knobs for easy stripping.

Annoed to match.

Miscue
05-04-2002, 11:40 PM
Originally posted by XspyX
Will there be a "Go Level 10" program where someone would be able to trade their retro valve and cash for the level 10?

Like the "Go Retro Program", ya know?

Good idea? Yes/No? :cool:

Um, you would just get the Level 10 kit and slap it onto what you have.

pip_999
05-05-2002, 12:14 AM
whats gonna happen is we are all waiting for this big thing to happen
and what tom is gonna do is
WHAM THE OLD FORK IN THE EYE, I MEAN HE'S GONNA CHANGE A SCREW

Krazy Ivan
05-05-2002, 12:43 AM
LOL, the old fork in the eye will never die!

AcemanPB
05-05-2002, 08:12 AM
i could use a new screw or two :D

AGD
05-05-2002, 12:31 PM
AO,

Level 10 is a collection of parts to give your marker better performance. Right now it looks like it will retrofit to EVERY GUN WE EVER MADE. It is NOT a new gun or a new body or a new valve. It is only a collection of parts.

Please be patient.

AGD

paintballrulzs
05-05-2002, 12:36 PM
Mr Kaye could you give us an approximate date that this will be released to the public. Also if you need a test rat I am here.

paintballrulzs
05-05-2002, 01:08 PM
also maybe an approximate price?

Yatta!
05-05-2002, 03:45 PM
So basically its a overhaul kit for the mag? Will the lvl 10 make lower bolt pressure, shorter trigger, lighter trigger, more cosistency(if you can get any better than 2+/- fps), etc?

Wait never mind it will spoil the moment in a few weeks.

Yatta!

FooTemps
05-05-2002, 03:52 PM
ARG! That's what I've been saying! It's gonna be new parts for the bolt/valve assembly!!!

AcemanPB
05-06-2002, 02:33 PM
yay finally someone answered my questoin, thank you AGD!

now it's just a matter of waiting ...........

FooTemps
05-06-2002, 02:39 PM
8 weeks!

pip_999
05-06-2002, 02:41 PM
my question sill hasnt been answered

will there be the new bodies or not?

bofh
05-06-2002, 02:42 PM
Originally posted by AGD
Right now it looks like it will retrofit to EVERY GUN WE EVER MADE. It is NOT a new gun or a new body or a new valve. It is only a collection of parts.

Please be patient.

Two words: Sydarm Upgrade!

I'll wait for it.

bofh
05-06-2002, 02:43 PM
Originally posted by pip_999
my question sill hasnt been answered

will there be the new bodies or not?

Actually it was, AGD said is NOT a new body, new valve, or new marker. It's a bunch of upgrade parts.

You question has been answered.

FooTemps
05-06-2002, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by bofh

Actually it was, AGD said is NOT a new body, new valve, or new marker. It's a bunch of upgrade parts.

You question has been answered.

You misinterpreted my friend... He was wondering if they were gonna come out with the new bodies or not...

AGD
05-06-2002, 03:30 PM
level 10 has nothing to do with bodies and yes we are still going to come out with alum bods.

AGD

theraidenproject
05-06-2002, 03:44 PM
Finally the perception of mags as blenders is over. While most mag owners can shoot them because they know the trigger, the uninitiated usually chop. Hopefully this will end that so people don't walk away from mags with this perception.

speedballbanks
05-06-2002, 05:25 PM
Originally posted by AGD
level 10 has nothing to do with bodies and yes we are still going to come out with alum bods.

AGD

sweeeeeet just make sure you check my post on the proto body design ok tom because that is what i...EVERYONE:D wants lol

Aliens-8-MyDad
05-06-2002, 05:44 PM
soo, will we be able to buy the peices seperatly if it cost too much for some people, or is it just one big kit that cost alot...

hitech
05-06-2002, 07:23 PM
The bottom line is :

Originally posted by AGD
Please be patient.

When it's ready I'm sure we will be some of the first to find out exactly what it is. Don't we always? :D

Snooky
05-06-2002, 07:30 PM
here's the lvl 10 upgrade in action:

tremis
05-06-2002, 08:44 PM
Fatman - That part of the bolt is called the power piston. I remember discussing it with a tech at the AGD booth at pittsburgh one year and he said" the what?"...." I never heard it called that before." I had just attended the first tech conference and thats what we were taught. So I told him that was the name of it and impressed a bunch of kids that were hanging around.

Black - Did you call Tom a horse? Or just he has a horses mouth? :)

AGD - Are you gonna let him call you names? :)

Tremis

edited to correct some typos

BlackVCG
05-06-2002, 09:08 PM
Figure of speech... :p

Smoken
05-06-2002, 09:12 PM
Sooo, How many cases of paint (@$60) is this gonna set me back?

maverickTG001
05-06-2002, 09:18 PM
so it is coming out in 8 weeks?

OrangeDude
05-06-2002, 09:36 PM
Thanks for the info mr. kaye. I don't really care about the rof. Performing consistently is better. Like less kick back when doing rapid fire with a retro valve. So how many parts are we talking about!!!

PaInTbALL zAcH
05-06-2002, 10:00 PM
my mag doesn't break balls but i'm gonna get it any way on my extreme(when i get it) and my current mag. Sounds cool Tom. Good luck with it

CRiZO
05-07-2002, 04:43 PM
I can already imagine all the "WTB lvl 10" in the trades lol

AcemanPB
05-07-2002, 04:48 PM
yay my thread has six pages!

CRiZO
05-07-2002, 09:59 PM
or does the six page thread have you?

Aliens-8-MyDad
05-07-2002, 10:19 PM
haha... freaky...

speedballbanks
05-08-2002, 09:14 PM
big deal you made a thread that got good responses pfffff

:D lol

AcemanPB
05-09-2002, 03:14 PM
well i didn't expect everyone to respond and is there a set date when this level 10 mod is gonna come out

speedballbanks
05-09-2002, 05:03 PM
notice i put the lol that means it was a joke

AcemanPB
05-09-2002, 05:15 PM
yeah i know but i was just saying i didn't expect this many people to respond

speedballbanks
05-09-2002, 06:50 PM
well......when it is a topic in the works all of ao will read this and respond it is something i was thinking abuot making a thread but you beat me to it. another thing people shuold stop making side threads abuot the level 10 just ask them in here. you will get more of a response in my opinion.

BradPalooza
05-13-2002, 07:49 AM
So anything new? I've been out for a while...
-Brad

speedballbanks
05-13-2002, 02:34 PM
yeah we found out what the level 10 will be it is o0rings and a new bolt to reduce chopping on and airgun valve

FutureMagOwner
05-13-2002, 03:41 PM
maybe a z grip that can go on all the mags? i wish maybe even take 45 grips!!!! lol we cant try to figure out what it is because we will get all worked up thinking it will be some type of atomic(yes thats what i ment to say) paintball gun that when you shoot one ball it makes a 5 mile blast radius of pink paint(sure as hell would look funny from space with giant pink marks on the ground)

CRiZO
05-13-2002, 06:03 PM
i wonder what paintballer hasn't dreamed of the atomic paintball...

AcemanPB
05-13-2002, 08:47 PM
so is there a rough date set yet??

PaInTbALL zAcH
05-13-2002, 09:36 PM
at the party, tom said weeks not months until it will be released

spider54
05-14-2002, 10:02 PM
for Orings and a new bolt im thinkin anywhere between 50-70 any body know what the level 10 will be priced at??

FooTemps
05-14-2002, 10:27 PM
Originally posted by spider54
for Orings and a new bolt im thinkin anywhere between 50-70 any body know what the level 10 will be priced at??

lol, it's more than that...

Aliens-8-MyDad
05-14-2002, 10:59 PM
why should it cost more if its just o-rings and a bolt? $50 superbolt+$20 (SPEACIAL parts kits w/ o-rings) = $70 u sure it will cost more?

davidb
05-18-2002, 07:39 PM
He means that there's more to it than o-rings and a bolt. That was a joke.

Aliens-8-MyDad
05-30-2002, 11:42 PM
man it would be nice havin an aluminum valve, i was holding a half of the flatline reg that resmebles the mag back piece and it was light! man that would be soo cool having it, also it could be anodized, im not sure if i really want the level 10 tho, ball breaks dont bother me too much. but if it did soemthing like make the pull lighter and made the pull length shorter and gave the mag better consitancy and less kick back that would be worth getting...

speedballbanks
05-30-2002, 11:58 PM
NEWS FLASH!!!

the back of the retro's are aluminum!!!!!

lol

AcemanPB
05-31-2002, 12:05 AM
LOL thats good

Aliens-8-MyDad
05-31-2002, 03:16 AM
NEWS FLASH! I KNEW THAT BUT IT ISNT FOR THE CLASSICS WHICH I HAVE!!!!!

speedballbanks
05-31-2002, 12:40 PM
oh:D well i think if they made an aluminum valve it would be based off of the retro not the classic. just my opinion