PDA

View Full Version : First day out with Emag! And a question about my setup.

Cypres0099
04-28-2002, 10:11 PM
Yes, the first day out with my Emag. I have been staring at it and pulling the trigger for almost a week now.

Teflon H/R
Warp
14 in Freak
Stupid 47 ci crossfire... (I need to find a Flatline)
12v Rev

Sadly I only had 750 rnds.:( If you own an Emag and use hybrid mode you know what I mean about that.

All I can say is, if Speedy Gonzalez had a paintball gun, this would be it.:p The hybrid mode is amazing. 2 minutes into the game I look down, no more paint in my hopper... Fill'er up.:) There were a couple times that I forgot to turn on one of the 5 things on my gun.:p

There were a couple things today that concerned my though, one of which was not the Emag's fault.

1. I had probably 4 breaks down the barrel one of which I couldn't tell if it was a chop or a break. I know what to do about the breaking, which may have been partly because I changed paint and didn't bother to change the insert, later I found out that it was a little loose. For the breaking I need to sand the bolt.

2. This is with my warp. I noticed that my batteries after about 500 rounds would not power the wheel enough which may have caused a chop although I'm not sure if it was a chop or a break. My question is, could large gauge wire take away some of the batterie's juice? I installed an on/off switch and used semi wide wire I don't remember how wide off the top of my head but could that be a problem.

I have always had a problem with the warp batts. Even with ultras and E2. I just ordered some NiMH. Hopefully that will help.

I love my Emag sooooo much. After I sand the bolt it will be soooo good. I just hope that my warp quits acting up.

Tunaman
04-28-2002, 10:42 PM
I played twice with my NMH Plainviews...8000+ rounds and still going. Same charge on the dual 9v setup.

Cypres0099
04-28-2002, 11:10 PM
Wow, 8000 rounds! Do you use dry paint? If so, are the discs still going by the dry shell? Also what kind of charger do you have? I was in a hurry and got some charger they recommended but yours seem to be working well. If I ever get another charger that is.

Something I forgot to mention; towards the end of the day I was in electric mode, after having switched back and forth between hybrid and E mode, when it SEEMED to go back into hybrid mode. The switch was turned down (I checked) However, it wasn't hybrid exactly, it was my electro trigger pull with the RT kickback not the long hybrid trigger pull. Needless to say it was VERY VERY VERY fast. My only concern is that it should not be doing this. I am going to try this again tomorrow just to make sure I wasn't hillucinating, but it's pretty weird isn't it?:)

Paintballer86
04-29-2002, 02:16 PM
Originally posted by Cypres0099
Wow, Something I forgot to mention; towards the end of the day I was in electric mode, after having switched back and forth between hybrid and E mode, when it SEEMED to go back into hybrid mode. The switch was turned down (I checked) However, it wasn't hybrid exactly, it was my electro trigger pull with the RT kickback not the long hybrid trigger pull. Needless to say it was VERY VERY VERY fast. My only concern is that it should not be doing this. I am going to try this again tomorrow just to make sure I wasn't hillucinating, but it's pretty weird isn't it?:)
What you think is hybrid is really manual, and what you thought was broken, is really Hybrid mode. Hybrid is the electric pull with rt kickback, and the manual is manual pull with rt kick back. E-mode is just electric pull, no kickback. :)

Cypres0099
04-29-2002, 02:19 PM
Trust me it wasn't in hybrid mode and I stressed that in my earlier post. I'm going to make sure I just wasn't imagining things when I get home.

fearc7
05-03-2002, 08:08 AM
wish i had an emag. im just a broke 15 year old.:rolleyes:eek: :rolleyes:

Paintballer86
05-03-2002, 01:55 PM
Originally posted by fearc7
wish i had an emag. im just a broke 15 year old.

Im sixteen and I have an e-mag... Just get a job over the summer...

hawpunch
05-03-2002, 03:02 PM
cypress0099,

glad to hear that the emag experience is going well with you. continue letting that baby rip!

aloha,

jae park

Cypres0099
05-03-2002, 04:01 PM
Letting it rip I was.:D Everyone was very impressed by the rate of fire. I think I even convinced one of my friends to get an Emag.:)

AcemanPB
05-03-2002, 09:46 PM
i'm 15 and i'm poor too, if all of you give me money i will buy an e-mag and let you know how it shoots :D

BlackVCG
05-03-2002, 10:35 PM
The Warp Issue:

Does the Warp just start spinning slow after about 500 rounds? Has it done this before you installed your on/off switch? Check your batteries before you put them in with a mulitmeter. Don't use them if they're less than 8.5V. Try the rechargeables, if those don't last long either, then you have an issue with your board most likely.

The E-Mag Issue:

Take the valve out and hold down on the back of the sear with an allen wrench. This will put the trigger rod as far forward as possible as if it were gassed up. Next, with the trigger in E-Mode, pull the trigger back. If it contacts the trigger rod at the back of the stroke, the trigger rod is adjusted too far out. Adjust the trigger rod in a bit until the trigger doesn't contact it in E-Mode.

Cypres0099
05-04-2002, 12:36 AM
The Warp:
After about 500 rnds of dry paint, with either Duracell Ultra's or E2, the warp stops spinning past the balls. After it stopped spinning past them I put a little bit of oil on the discs, which seemed to work for a while. I just noticed that I have my dwell set to 1 spin which is I'm sure part of the problem. I also noted that the batteries don't seem to last as long as they did before. Could this be a problem with the belt? I have a couple new ones if I should replace it. Until they start selling Wet Platinum in paintball stores, I guess I'll just have to use fresh batteries.:p

The Emag:
I think I've got those issues solved, thanks Black