PDA

View Full Version : barrel for automag?

Automagisurdad
04-29-2002, 01:08 PM
what barrel should i get? this is what i want in my selection:
light(eventually i want the lightest high volume mag i can make)
compact
accurate
generally low cost> under 100 bucks

these are my specifications but if anyone can give me a good testament of a barrel they swear by, i will listen.

i was thinking ceramic(durability issues), do they come in black? or maybe carbon fiber.

FrAuStY
04-29-2002, 02:50 PM
Barrels are kind of like opinions.. everyone has one and their all different. The only one that I can say truely stood out in my mind (Which I haven't gotten one for my mag yet) was the armson stealth. Even though it was loud it allowed my spyder compact to shoot deadly accurate at 60-80 ft.. even better on a speedball field. Some drawbacks to mine was it was 16" not something you'd wanna lug around on a speedball field. They do make one 13". They are VERY paint-picky... sometimes they'd curve and slice (golf lol) and dip etc.. but all in all when the paint matched... that puppy was on. Anyway.. check this post out..maybe it'll help. :confused:

Best barrel for the money (http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?threadid=33357&highlight=best+barrel+for+the+money)

Automagisurdad
04-29-2002, 05:31 PM
i think im gonna try the carbon fiber..im thinking alot of lightness.

blackmag3
04-29-2002, 06:46 PM
carbon fiber barrel is the lightest i can think of. if you want it really light get the aluminum back instead of the stainless steel. another plus of the carbon fiber barrel is it shoots through goo very well. a few clearing shots and your back to pretty good accuracy.

blackmag3
04-29-2002, 09:09 PM
if cost isn't a factor i suggest you get yourself a freak kit. it might wiegh more but it will also out preform every barrel i can think off.

Automagisurdad
04-29-2002, 09:19 PM
how bout both